Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 1:29 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Sims 2 Super Collection for Mac CC help
So I just downloaded the Super Pack for Sims 2 on my macbook and I really need help downloading CC off of this site. I've always had a problem with this because it's just so darn complicated. I used to download from the Sims 2 website but that's taken down -.- Anyways, can someone give me, like, a step-by-step guide on how to download stuff onto my mac. I've read all of the guides and stuff on how to do this but for some reason I just never really understood. Thanks
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 2:07 AM
1. Make sure the content is compatible with the Super Collection! (Some cc is based on functions or options that were never ported over to Mac-land, and those will at best not work and at worst bork your game badly)
2. Find something you like (and that's compatible) on this site (Or another, but you did ask about here specifically)
3. Click the link to download the file(s) you want. On this site, it will be on the second tab, the one labeled "Files." The link will look like a usual link on your browser, so probably blue text and underlined unless you've changed it to suit your needs/preferences.
4. The file will automatically show up in your Downloads folder. There is automatically a shortcut to this and instructions in the Dock on Macs. If you removed the shortcut, you'll probably want to put it back.
5. All files on here are compressed for efficiency and size reduction. The most popular compression formats are .zip, .rar, and .7z or .7zip. .zip files may unzip themselves automatically, but none of the others will open with any application native to the Mac. You will need to download a free decompression program to be able to open (decompress) the files. I had great results with the Unarchiver ( http://the-unarchiver.en.softonic.com/mac ) when I was on Snow Leopard -- free and handled all the formats that TS2 downloads usually come in with only one hiccup out of several hundred (if not 1000+) downloads, but your mileage may vary.
6. Uncompress the file you downloaded using whatever method makes you happy.
7. Put the file in your Downloads folder. It will be in the same place as your game folder, where you find your neighborhoods. If you need a path to where that is, please let me know. If you know where that is but there isn't a Downloads folder there, you can make one yourself. Just make a new folder and name it

Downloads

...exactly like that, plural and with a capital letter at the beginning. If you name it anything else, the game can't find it.

To enable cc once you've got it downloaded and installed, follow the directions here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...157#post4582157

Let me know if you still have questions.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 10:47 PM
hi esmeiolanthe

i would be ever so grateful, if you could post the path to the Downloads folder on mac.
last week, i had found it and put some custom content in it, but somehow i cannot seem to find it anymore!

thank you in advance!
Theorist
#4 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 2:57 AM
@pumukkel That depends on if you're playing the Super Collection on Yosemite or above, or if you're planing with the game discs on Snow Leopard. With the Super Collection, it's: ~/library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2

There is quite a bit of discussion about getting cc/your downloads folder to work on the Super Collection version here: http://modthesims.info/t/showthread.php?t=530610

If you were asking about Snow Leopard, let me know and I'll boot up my laptop and take a look.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Test Subject
#5 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 1:17 PM
you are my hero! yes, i play the super collection on yosemite and your link worked perfectly!
thank you so much!
now i found it, i can continue downloading... ;-)