Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 2:50 PM
Default Your Sims Best Vacation
I just wondered - whats your best memory from your sims vacation(s) ?
I'd love to read!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 3:17 PM
I can't really recall. I did just send my Don-Kaylann-children family on a vacation a few weeks back. It was fun, I guess. I got bored though and I sent them home early. Don gained a new...friend
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 3:34 PM
I rather enjoyed the week that my core couple spent at their vacation home in Twikki Islands. It was right after she got pregnant, so she spent most of it running off to the toilet vomiting, with the pacifier question mark thought bubble. But I really adore that house (which I did not build), and I love pregnant Sims, so over all it was a really nice combination. They had already gone to Twikki two or three times, so they ignored all the sight seeing and tourist attractions, and stayed in the house having lunch on the pier, and swimming in the sea. Just hanging out, without the stress of jobs and all that.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 4:12 PM
The best vacation memories are with my couple of servos. I really had fun with them. They never complained about low needs. All what they wanted was fun and social and they got it a lot. Even when they got bad chance card from tour, they went out of bus and started pillow fight with each other. They cannot do all vacation memories like sleep in tent, and of course I did not send them swim in the ocean or soak in hot spring. But they did log rolling and after that ran back to hotel because one who dropped needed fast recharging
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 5:58 PM
All my vacations are good. I'm going to have to start taking longer ones with some of my favorites - Frank and Amanda Munny's honeymoon wasn't nearly long enough. Frank had just bought a lakefront property in Three Lakes, and they primitive camped there. Pigeon and Ezekial Hawkins also primitive-camped for their honeymoon, and it was great - woohooing everywhere, swimming in the ocean, hiking, birdwatching - I want a vacation just like it! They built a cabin by the time their first child was old enough to take on vacation, and brought Dove, Pigeon's Ma, Pigeon's youngest sister, and Ezekial's little sister/clone. Ernest and Sage Ann Munny took their kids and Ernest's Ma and the live-in nanny to their vacation house on Twikkii once, and Ma and Nanny learned the hula together and bonded with the boys -

I can't think of a single bad vacation I've had, actually. It helps that I only let sims I'm fond of and want extra time with take vacations, so it's a kind of vacation for me, too - no pressure to get on with story stuff or get as much as possible done in a day, lots of time to dink around. My favorite trick is to send more than one family to the same vacation destination, so they can run into each other on community lots. They can't invite each other over, but they can teleport each other in for an evening at the beach, and make outings to bring each other home. Pets from home can also be teleported in, too.

I loved when Paul Curian made friends with the Wise Old Man fishing with him in the rain - the Wise Old Man doesn't fish as well as Paul does - and then when Paul's wife Polly Esther came over to get them to come in out of the rain she got caught up listening to the dragon legend, too. Then when the story was over and the Wise Old Man vanished they fell on each other and started frantically making out. I was looking to breed them, anyway, so I decided the Wise Old Man was meddling. They spent the rest of the vacation seeing how many of the community lots they could make out/woohoo in, and Polly Esther came home pregnant.

I loved when Ernest and Sage Ann Munny showed up on community lots during Frank and Amanda's honeymoon, even though they hadn't gone on Mark and Marsha's honeymoon - Mark and Marsha are living with Ernest and Sage Ann, and apparently when the game is checking for who's available to turn up at a community vacation lot, they check households, not individuals. So Frank got to invite his whole family to come look over his vacation property, and feed them fish. I loved when Sadie Hawkins Point invited her Ma Kitty along on vacation with her husband and the kids. Ma had seen Clovis dating around on Sadie while they were dating, and hated him; in fact she started an altercation with him on the beach and made his alien-hybrid daughter Andice cry; but Clovis and Kitty worked out their differences on this trip, and Andice and Kitty came to regard each other as family while we were at it. I loved when Ernest and then-child Frank were building a sand castle together and performing the same animations with a little time delay, so that Frank was obviously imitating his Pa's mannerisms. I loved when I took the Casa family - parents Esteban and Sue, their son Emilio, and daughter-in-law Lily - to Twikkii, hoping the magic vacation air would make Lily roll the have-baby want Sue thought she should have, and instead Emilio spent the entire honeymoon mediating so that Lily never realized her in-laws had these Expectations (and were worried that she might be infertile) and Mama and Papi understood that they were making a good-faith effort to produce the desired grandchild. (Emilio had lots of fun on that vacation, and yes by fun I mean woohoo!) I loved how the Aeriuses took their son's girlfriend and her father on vacation with them, and the girlfriend's father spent the entire three days building sandcastles and looking happy. (His life at home was pretty stressful.)

I just love every vacation I ever took my sims on. Or at least, I don't remember the ones that didn't work out as well.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#6 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 6:34 PM
I had the main five of my 7th Generation Daalmans family go to all three destinations on holiday, but the best was Twikkii Island, visiting the Witch Doctor, jumping on the pirate ship, sitting round the campfire and hanging outside their hotel.

Like Peni, above, I've either never had a bad vacation or I can't remember any bad ones.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Instructor
#7 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 8:12 PM
I believe in one of my older games, I had a couple who took their honeymoon to a mountain vacation
and they stayed at the tent campgrounds but they enjoyed their time there they met alot of new friends,
the wife got pregnant on their trip
and they also met Bigfoot and he agreed to move home with them
so they didnt once complain and stayed 4 days I believe, it was the first time I had met bigfoot in game so that was cool

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Scholar
#8 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 12:19 AM
That would be Jack Shepard´s engagement to Jessica Ebadi. They were treasure hunting together with Jack´s father Costa who was close to elder stage. The trio was staying in a hotel in Takemizu that had a restaurant and one evening Jack proposed to Jessica. Costa´s face during the engagement was prizeless. That stunned disbelief! Costa reminded Jack that Jessica was nearly 20 years older than him, but Jack replied that Costa, being an elf, was several hundred years older than his mother, so how did he dare lecturing him about age differences? It was both funny and romantic at the same time.

Another time Gavin Newson and Gvaudoin Tricou went on a honeymoon together, but I had to have them back early, because they were wishing for a child so hard and could not really enjoy their trip. I think the child was even fathered in a love tub in their vacation home.