Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#51 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 5:12 AM
Are grim babies still available in the exchange, or did Adolf EA take them down yet?

I really want a reaper baby :C

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 6:32 AM
If that's truly possible, you should try and take a screenshot for us. I want to see how the kid will look like!
Instructor
#53 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 10:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 888mph
If that's truly possible, you should try and take a screenshot for us. I want to see how the kid will look like!

They sometimes end up being pitch black. I just downloaded one on the exchange so I can just edit it in CAS and make it into anything I want.

Some grim babies on the exchange

hope that works

If you've downloaded the patch like I did they removed the 'try for baby' option with Mr. Reaper so that's the only way I got one

-Walter "Red" Smith
Test Subject
#54 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 10:25 AM
I tried that winter patch, but it mucks up my game right now. I hope someone makes an easier way to hang out with grimm in the future.
Instructor
#55 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 11:25 AM
Here you go, a screenshot of a reaper person just cause. I downloaded a reaper baby from the exchange, edited the everloving crap out of it, made a twin, and here you go: The Lockheart sisters, Raven and Lucille. Once I caked their faces in makeup so you can actually see their features better, they're quite gorgeous.

-Walter "Red" Smith
Instructor
#56 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 11:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheLB
They sometimes end up being pitch black. I just downloaded one on the exchange so I can just edit it in CAS and make it into anything I want.

Some grim babies on the exchange

hope that works

If you've downloaded the patch like I did they removed the 'try for baby' option with Mr. Reaper so that's the only way I got one

The baby will end up pitch black, or the screenshot? Or both?

I've had that issue with TS2. I just try again, or wait until the character stops moving so much, and it always works.

But yes, I can see those pictures now.
Instructor
#57 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 888mph
The baby will end up pitch black, or the screenshot? Or both?

The screenshot is what the skin looks like when they end up pitch black, ergo, like their father. There also is a possibility of having their mother's skin tone like always.

-Walter "Red" Smith
Instructor
#58 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 1:38 PM
Here's a more detailed look of the same sim in CAS mode

With Makeup

With Makeup from side

Without makeup

-Walter "Red" Smith
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 1:49 AM
I'm assuming then that it is completely impossible now to have Grim Reaper children now with the patch. I wish I had known sooner. I want one of my insane sims to have a kid with him.
Scholar
#60 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 1:54 AM
You can get them though a plant http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,16337.0.html Man I am suprised this subject was brought up agian.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Test Subject
#61 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 3:27 AM
Default I Know How!
Press ctrl+shift+c and type in testingcheatsenabled true then clikc on you mailbox while holding shift. click on the option NPC na dyou can choose to have him sent to you!
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 4:42 PM
http://sims3tinkers.com/smf/index.php?topic=410.0

this is another core mod that includes having a baby with the grim reaper it also has a lot of other cool actions and its compatible with the latest patch

hope this helps

i just installed it it works great
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 6:34 PM
Awesome! Thanks everyone!
Test Subject
#64 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 2:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MidoriiAkina
Lol. Dial-up is slow.

No aliens? Omg. -sob-

Not fair!

Ah well. I can have Grimmie babehs now. Next stop, make satan! Maybe I can find out how to mod.. that way I can make Satan alternate with Grim and have him steal souls.. That way my evil sim can have babies with Satan! XD!

Ah.. But I'm lazy. XP

OMG LOL!
Scholar
#65 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 2:48 AM
I started out with first generation black haired sim, she had a blonde... ... I think the grim reaper is a blonde.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Test Subject
#66 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 4:33 PM
Does anyone have the Grim Reaper mod that was on Sims3tinkers?
They removed it and I don't feel like downloading the "Gabriel" mod.
I want the reapers babies so badly now.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 6:01 PM
I have awesomemod and therefore don't trust any core mods...so I'm just downloading a sim that is the product of the reaper from the exchange.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 6:32 PM
I'm using the pollinator with the awesome mod and the indie stone mod with no problems whatsoever, people in the pollinator thread say it's compatible, but I ran the compatibility checker, just in case, and it came up clean I have a reaper baby in my legacy atm....unfortunately he's normal looking I was hoping for a pitch black boy! lol
Test Subject
#69 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 10:57 PM
I had a reaper baby who is now a young adult, he has the heartbreaker lifetime wish and he's having babys with every woman in town. So far out of his 5 children, 1 has come out pitch black. So I guess the pitch black skintone can be passed on, though it seems to be kind of rare.

PS: For various pictures, including reaper baby stuff you can visit my sims3 photobucket album at http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a199/pmasher/Sims3/
Field Researcher
#70 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 1:46 AM
Just a random piece of information, that people in interest might find useful. If you're using the mod that makes the Grim Reaper playable, he becomes like a regular sim - that is to say, he no longer has his swirling aura of darkness or his commanding voice of doom. I was highly disappointed. And if he ages up, he loses his reaper costume and wears the standard issue clothes. He's just black. xD
Test Subject
#71 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 6:03 AM
I am currently running unpatched but I am now considering patching. My issue is that I have heard that you can no longer have reaper babies with the latest patch. Will this affect preexisting reaper offspring?

Is it a major change or did they simply remove the option for "Try For Baby" from the grim reaper, and leave everything else intact? If that is all they did then should my current reaper descended sims still be able to pass on the special skin tone?

I am having far to many issues lately so I think I am going to update finally but first I have much backing up to do and I am going to export each of my favored sims, in case of a worst case scenario :P
Alchemist
#72 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 6:19 AM
ok, so.
didnt read the entire thread since...im lazy. 8D

however, my sim[s] have been able to successfully boink Mr Grim, and i will tell you how i did it.

first, i stocked up on sims to kill.
mainly because--if you fuck up, you want to be able to summon him again.
now, this was BEFORE i installed any mods, so, this should work for anyone with the basic expansion.
youll need to open up the cheat menu and type in testingcheatsenabled true
before you can proceed.
now then, get to killing! i found that drowning or old age were the quickest ways to kill my sims.
[ and yes, i named them Poor Unfortunate Soul ]
so then, dramatic music starts, and grim appears.
this is where you pause the game--if youre only playing one sim, youll need to click on her picture before you can mess with her relationships with others. once you can click and drag the little relationship bar, though, give her and Grim the max allowed--best friends.

make sure there is a bed NEARBY, then work quickly to get him into a romantic relationship. [ best if your sim is a great kisser (( first kiss skips the need for Confess Attraction ))--it should appear immediately under the Special pie menu. ]
once your sim is lovers with Grim, take him to bed, and you dont need to WooHoo with him beforehand.
usually, he'll leave after the first time, but ive managed to get him to do it twice before he had to leave, once.

then, if your sim is still not pregnant when he leaves again, kill off another sim and repeat the process. be SURE to check your relationship with Grim after the next summoning, as it may be a different Grim and may need to be wooed again.

ah, and a word to the wise: do not ask him to be your boyfriend. xDDD;
itll ruin any prospects you could have about getting together with another sim later on. :'D i havnt really found a way to break up with him...so...and no marriage, either.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Mad Poster
#73 Old 29th Sep 2009 at 9:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pumpkin_Masher
I am currently running unpatched but I am now considering patching. My issue is that I have heard that you can no longer have reaper babies with the latest patch. Will this affect preexisting reaper offspring? Is it a major change or did they simply remove the option for "Try For Baby" from the grim reaper, and leave everything else intact? If that is all they did then should my current reaper descended sims still be able to pass on the special skin tone?

Your current sims won't be affected if you save them and move them into a new game installation, so they should be able to pass on their genetics. You can also consider using the Gabriel core mod which allows everything with Grimmy. It's mentioned above in this thread.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Field Researcher
#74 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 5:27 AM
GUYS JUST SO YOU KNOW YOU DONT NEED A MOD!
Take away all doors which exit your house
And make someone inside DIE
The grim reaper will appear and hopefully hang around
Ctrl + Shift + C
Testingcheatsenabled True
And drag up your relationship with him for the sim that you want to try for baby with him
Quick! Make your sim relax on a double bed and invite grim to try for baby!
/done
Test Subject
#75 Old 26th Mar 2010 at 3:59 PM
Apparently you can't socialize with the Grim Reaper anymore. If you have updated your Sims 3 game. They fixed that

I always start writing with a clean piece of paper and a dirty mind.
Page 3 of 5