Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 9:07 PM
Default School Dances
Well the idea for this thread came to me because I got my homecoming dress today. So are you going to your school dance? WHat are you wearing? And do ya have a date?

I'm going to my homecoming dance, it's this Saturday. My dress is lime green with some sheer black stuff over it. The bottom of the dress is all frilly and black, it's really awesome looking. Nope I do not have a date but that doesn't really bother me. Im going with my friends
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 10:57 PM
We only have Formal at our school, and that's just for Year 10, so I've got my formal in a few months time.

I still haven't bought a dress, but I'm going down to Melbourne in a few weeks and I'll hopefully find a pretty dress when I'm there. I think I want something black, so I can play it up with bold accessories. Then again, I also want something with colour that is totally unique. So fussy .
I don't have a date as of yet, but I'm not all that bothered about that.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 11:11 PM
When we have good honor roll, we get a Dance (it isn't really named..It's near Christmas break.)....8th grade there is a social, I have no idea if that's a dance or whatever... Eh.
That's it for my Junior high..

Oh, hi, how are you holding up?
Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 12:06 AM
We have a lot of dances at my school- homecoming, semi-formal, prom, MORP (prom spelled backwards, meaning that the girls ask the guys, but it's a far more casual affair), and spring fling. I've never enjoyed school dances, though; I'm not sure if my experience is universal, but they tend to mirror a pattern of being deafeningly loud, pitch dark when not punctuated by disco lights spasmodic enough to induce epileptic fits, incredibly crowded, and featuring no good music whatsoever. I much prefer to stay home and watch a movie even if all my friends go; I find it to be a stressful experience because of all the stimuli, and it's just not my scene.

I'm excited for prom, though. People on the newspaper tend to be single because we spend so much time working on the paper and so much time around each other that we have no leisure time to pursue romantic relationships, and so every year, an "anti-prom" party is held. We watch movies, play Scrabble, and other such sleepover-esque activities. It's much more low-key, and I'd rather spend an evening playing games and watching movies in the company of people that I actually like than spend an evening packed into a loud, dark room with people that I can hardly stand.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 12:32 AM
I hate school dances with a passion. They're pointlessly dark, too crowded, and, like Rabid said, horribly and deafeningly loud. I tend to be very self-conscious, and I feel silly swaying awkwardly while my friends have a great time dancing around me. I generally don't like going out Friday nights anyway because I'm so tired from the week, and dances are far too long and too late to be fun for me.

Call me a curmudgeon, I guess.

Mad Poster
#6 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 12:51 AM
That makes two grouchy curmudgeons, Daisie . I don't like to dance, either, and like you said, I feel incredibly uncomfortable swaying with the music when everyone else dances spasmodically with no inhibition whatsoever as though it were a tribal ritual. It's not fun- it's stressful.

A dance with evening gowns (as opposed to horridly neon, rhinestone-bespectacled prom dresses) and candlelight and soft jazz piano, now that I could get into. However, it seems far more like a wild dream than a reality.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Instructor
#7 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 12:56 AM
LoL no dances for me... I even missed my graduation x3

I had a bad hangover that day so me and my ex-bf just skiped it and stayed home watching crapy horror films xD

All and all, no good.
Alchemist
#8 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 4:20 PM
Weve got a school disco on Thurs. Im not goin with any1. Unless some1 asks me which I hope will happen. Ive got 2 boys on my eye :D

Like, whatever.
My nickname is Eve
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 5:07 PM
We don't have those things at my school, which I am thankful for. Except the graduation party and the freshman ball, but the latter doesn't really count since noone goes to the official party anyway.

Don't you wanna fly so high above the clouds and trees,
Learn a thing from birds and bees ,
See the morning rise over the ocean up ahead?

tumblr|lastfm