Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 12:02 PM
Game review: Wii Sports Resort
It gets my seal of approval. It's thoroughly addictive, I played it ALL night, I stopped when I heard the clock ringing 6 am. But it's SO much fun, I recommend it to anyone. Easily (at least for me) the most fun ones are the fencing and flying sports, though golf and ping pong are really fun as well. they've really improved the motion sensing abilities with the WiiMotion Plus add on, and it's really precise now. they've improved the whole motion thing since they first came out with Wii Sports, and the added bonus of adventure (flyover) mode just makes the game perfect. There's so much to do and try, it's got really great play value.

***** out of ***** stars.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 12:31 AM
So ya liked it? I haven't been able to try it.
Theorist
#3 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 12:38 AM
Use the Wiimote, Raps...

~~~The Official Nintendork Island~~~
"I cannot love you like this anymore..... Alejandro"
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 6:23 AM
yeah...it uses the wiimote, why....?

Ri: yeah, it's SO much fun, well worth the money. The fencing mode has a showdown mode where you fight off ninjas!

Typical
#5 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 4:24 PM
I just baught it, I'll try it out in a couple of minutes.
Typical
#6 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 4:54 PM
Theorist
#7 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 8:51 PM Last edited by Captain THPS4 : 19th Aug 2009 at 9:23 PM.
I'll throw in my opinions too, got this game a few weeks ago.

If you have a Wii, get this game. Wii Sports Resort has a lot more depth than the first Wii Sports even if you're playing by yourself, and the WiiMotionplus really enhances the experience. My favorites are swordfighting, bowling, flyover, and basketball. I don't find the cycling to be nearly as bad as the critics say it is. If you have other people to play with and enough Motionplus accessories, try doing the co-op speed challenge in canoeing! I can guarantee you'll have fun with it, I tried it with my dad and he loved it.

The Island flyover is special because you get to see all the places that the other sports take place in. Nintendo definitely makes you want to feel like you are on a real island with many ins and outs instead of just playing a bunch of mini-games separated by menu screens, and I highly applaud Nintendo for this. Hopefully Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games will accomplish something similar.

This game gets more awesome if you've downloaded Miis from the Check Mii Out Channel! I usually play as Borat in ping-pong, Obi-Wan in swordfighting, Fred Flinstone in bowling, Mario in basketball, and Peter Griffin in cycling. It's so cool, there's even a feature for the random Miis that pop up in-game to be imported from the Check Mii Out Channel as well.

There are also some neat secrets in this game. In bowling hold down a direction on the d-pad during the loading screen to get a different coloured bowling ball. After you beat the champion in swordfighting (his name is Matt), hold down the 1 button during the loading screen to get a purple sword. If you collect enough of the i points in flyover you can unlock more features including a 2 seater plane and different times of day. Get enough experience points in cycling to unlock a few more courses. These are just a few of the hidden features.

What are the weak points of this game? For me there are very few. Online play would have been cool even though this game is obviously made for local multiplayer. Also, dogfighting should be for more than just 2 players. There is also no general area to check all the stamps you have. That's really it, very minor flaws. In short...go pick up this game now and slam that cash down on the counter, you won't be disappointed.

Rating: 9.7/10
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 4:09 PM
Yay, got the game few days ago - Loving it - Really good game

actually, the name is camille & this username is very, very old
Field Researcher
#9 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 8:40 PM
I just bought it a couple days ago. Very fun game! My favourites so far are the fencing, ping-pong and the fly-over.

"When it melts, what does snow become?"
"It becomes...spring!" -Fruits Basket
Theorist
#10 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 9:08 PM
I don't like Wiis.
I don't understand the hype about them. Graphics fail, to start.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 9:09 PM
I was unsure about getting this game, but after seeing gameplay footage and reading reviews i'm gonna be getting it.

I no longer make sims, if you wish to contact me through this site it is highly unlikely that you will receive a reply.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 1:08 AM
If graphics are all you want in a game, you'll hate anything to ever come form nintendo, because they invest their money in gameplay experience because they know that it makes a long-lasting game. They also like to be innovative (notice most real "new" things were first done by nintendo) hence the wiimote.

Now don't get me wrong, I like the way the graphics look on the xBox360, but i also like the rather simple ones of the wii, mainly because they're kinda, well, comforting in a way. They're simple and easy to look at. personally, I kinda like seeing the individual polygons once in a while because I like seeing how they actually made something (the 3D modeler in me, i guess).

Mad Poster
#13 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 1:10 AM
Personally, I hate 360 and PS3 graphics. Too real, it's kinda disturbing.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 1:18 AM Last edited by ooga booga : 22nd Aug 2009 at 2:45 AM.
well, video game history has shown, that whenever game companies compete for better graphics, one will fall flat in the end due to too much focus on graphics and almost no focus on gameplay and functionality. last time it was Atari (look up Atari Jaguar), this time my moneys on Xbox since they somehow didn't catch the red ring of death until they'd released the console.

I no longer make sims, if you wish to contact me through this site it is highly unlikely that you will receive a reply.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 3:28 AM
Yeah, I'm actually betting that xBox will be bought out. They just seem to be causing too much trouble, that and they're twice as expensive as a wii. Literally.

Forum Resident
#16 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 5:37 AM
that or the playstation4 will fail epically due to being overly complicated and little focus on gameplay. but I bet the next Xbox will do poorly and microsoft will either sell or discontinue the line.

Theorist
#17 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 8:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rapsheba555
If graphics are all you want in a game, you'll hate anything to ever come form nintendo, because they invest their money in gameplay experience because they know that it makes a long-lasting game. They also like to be innovative (notice most real "new" things were first done by nintendo) hence the wiimote.

Now don't get me wrong, I like the way the graphics look on the xBox360, but i also like the rather simple ones of the wii, mainly because they're kinda, well, comforting in a way. They're simple and easy to look at. personally, I kinda like seeing the individual polygons once in a while because I like seeing how they actually made something (the 3D modeler in me, i guess).

I have PS1 games with better graphics than the Wii. If Nintendo can't even be bothered to up their graphics even slightly for a console then it's not worth the fuss. Even the DS had better graphics.
Time has moved on past angular shape people, but it's like Nintendo went a step back for the Wii, rather than a step forward.

Oh, and 360s are awful contraptions. They base themselves on buying out games to force them to just release them for 360 in order to gain people desperate enough to pay the huge price tag. I have a PS3. Mainly because it has free internet and I'm just a playstation kinda girl. Makes me think back to the days when I was playing Capcom fighters on my PS1, and then later my PS2.
And btw, could I get any decent amount of money for a good condition Resident Evil for PS1 with no scratches on the disc and the original book? xD

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Theorist
#18 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 8:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ooga booga
that or the playstation4 will fail epically due to being overly complicated and little focus on gameplay. but I bet the next Xbox will do poorly and microsoft will either sell or discontinue the line.

Then I think I'll probably be liking the PS4, especially if they take a step in the right direction and putting a Little Big Planet 2 in the package. One thing Nintendo is really pissing me off with right now is they've stopped releasing their awesome normal console games just to focus on the Wii. The Wii is getting a little old in console terms now. You'd think they'd consider releasing a new one soon, or at least starting on it and getting a hype up. But then again, the PS1 was successful for a good long amount of time. That was, until the GAME shop started putting some good quality PS1 games in their bargain bin for a £1 a pop.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 8:42 AM
umm, it's only 3 years old.

Theorist
#20 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 8:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rapsheba555
umm, it's only 3 years old.

The DS is only 4 years old, and that has 2 different versions - the DSi and the DSLite. The DSi is a great improvement, though I still have my boxy DS. It's about time the Wii upped itself to doing something similar, or people will get bored.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 12:49 PM
i don't think so...The whole concept is quite open-ended because it has the ability to re-invent itself over and over again.

Forum Resident
#22 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zinthos
The DS is only 4 years old, and that has 2 different versions - the DSi and the DSLite. The DSi is a great improvement, though I still have my boxy DS. It's about time the Wii upped itself to doing something similar, or people will get bored.

NO! I have played a Dsi, and I personally say, it is not enough of an improvement to be worth it. consoles don't need pointless updates every couple years (especially if the update should've been released as a game). and in case you didn't notice, Nintendo is working on a wii2, they're hush-hush about it but it's in the works. but the wii has alot of life in it, Nintendo knows that, so they're not gonna make an improvement (that should've been made later so it could actually reach it's full potential) and sell it for 600 dollars (Playstation). I pity you if you actually believe the words you are typing, because you're making yourself sound like a graphics loving moron. I try to be nice, but sometimes I need to be honest. and this is one of those times.

Field Researcher
#23 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 4:40 PM
I usually prefer if a company doesn't release a new console version too quickly, myself. If I already have the system, I don't like to have to shell out hundreds of dollars every year for a new one. I have one of the PSP 2000, and it seems that every year Sony is releasing a new model for a higher price.

I actually like the graphics on the wii. I've been gaming ever since the days of the SNES, and I even still play it sometimes, just because the games are so good, even though the graphics aren't perfect. They were amazing at the time, and I still like them in some of the games. Sometimes nice simple graphics are good. I have a wii, and I also have an Xbox 360. I didn't get the Xbox 360 for its graphics. I got it for a few RPGs I wanted to play, and I have to say that while the graphics are nice, I still prefer most of the games on my wii and my older systems.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 4:43 PM
evidently the Wii 2 will be HD. Me likey. THAT i would spend another $250 on, because I have a 1080 screen.

Field Researcher
#25 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 5:46 PM
Oooooh, that would be cool! I actually only have an older 20 inch tv right now, but I'm hoping to buy a new tv in the next year. Now I have another reason to get a new one.

Page 1 of 2