Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 2:08 PM Last edited by whiterider : 18th Mar 2011 at 10:33 PM.
Default UPDATE: Game Mods Now Re-opened! - Restructuring of the Sims 3 Game Mods Area
Update at 2100-ish CET
Ok, the newly reorganised Game Mods section is now open! There may a few weirdnesses (such as uploads not showing correctly on profiles, upload edit screens being wrong) for a few hours while the caches catch up, so if that's the case, please be patient.

We now have a shiny new TS3 Game Mods section, all neatly organised and logical! For those of who you who are lost, confused, or nosy, the new structure is as follows:

Script & Core Mods - Mods that contain script replacements or new scripts.
-- Scripted Objects - aka object mods; new objects, with new, 100% modded features.
-- Pure Scripting Mods - "global" mods, created through a custom script, which affect gameplay generally and are not restricted to a particular object.
-- Core Mods - "global" mods which override the game's core DLLs.

Overrides - Mods that replace game resources other than the script core.
-- Tuning Mods - Mainly, but not solely, XML mods, which tweak a few values but don't add brand new functionality to the game.
-- Recategorizers & Hiders - Self-explanatory.
-- More Slot Mods - Mods to add extra slots to EA objects. This section may be expanded to include other similar things in future.
-- Camera & Lighting Mods - Also pretty self-explanatory.
-- Other Overrides

Miscellaneous - Mods that don't fit in any other category.
-- Sliders - CAS sliders.
-- Other

We hope you all find the new structure easy to use and simpler to navigate. If you have any questions or problems, please let us know!

Modders
The search parameters available in game mods have changed! Please check your uploads, and fix the params if necessary.

-----

Hi all,

Through the course of the day today, we're going to be restructuring the game mods section for TS3, to make it more logical - both for downloaders and for modders.

This means that over the day, the game mods will slowly disappear as we move them into super secret hidden areas, ready to be revealed anew tonight... so if something you know should be there goes missing, don't panic.

We hope that the new system will make MTS much easier and more intuitive to use for everyone. If you're used to the old system, don't worry - we'll be posting a clear explanation of what goes where in the new system once the switchover is finished.

TS2 game mods will also be restructured at some point in the near future, but we don't have dates for that as yet.

Have a great day!
whiterider

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
8 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 2:24 PM
I know something good will come of this.

1978 gallons of pancake batter
#3 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fway
I know something good will come of this.
Yes, my downfall.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 4:10 PM
Aaaaand the prize for shortest time as a moderator goes to BUZZZLERRRR.

Just kidding, I have seen how much work you guys have put into this so far, and I know it will work out fine

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
#5 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 6:12 AM
No wonder the site was down so long!

Yay it's back!

Also, I'd like to note that if anyone bookmarks a download page, they can still download from the site...strangely.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 11:19 AM
The site wasn't down at all for this . And yes - the threads were still there, just in a hidden forum, so if you knew the link you could still access them.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 11:23 AM
I see, you made it seem like the site was down, but in reality, it was up!

What a twist~