Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 2:46 PM
Default Different Sleepwear
Has anyone made or found some sleepwear besides the gowns? Or maybe conversions of the TS3 underwear? I don't know, I just really don't like the gowns.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 12:54 AM
Not to mention the caps D: They're horrible! Of course, you can get out of those by using custom hair, but that's not always what I want to do.

Yes, other kind of sleepwear (or sleep nude) would definitely be appreciated.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 2:18 AM
I would have to agree with you guys
Field Researcher
#4 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 9:22 AM
Me too^^
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 9:52 AM
You'd think that nude sleepwear would almost be appropriate to the medieval theme. <_<
/justification

Is conversion for clothing even possible for TSM?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 3:16 PM
It would of course be nice to have different sleepwear for variation, but really people in medieval times always wore their shifts or undershirts, they wear it under all their daywear and then just the shirt for bed. It was very religious time and people didn't show much skin really.

But I'd love to see some different colours, like tan or beige shifts, so I could have the less noble heroes in "homespun wool" and royals in white linen.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 5:32 PM Last edited by garghuul : 25th Apr 2011 at 6:05 PM. Reason: Adding useful info
My admittedly faulty memory says there is/was a mod that removed the sleepwear, or turned it invisible. Something like that. Have you tried searching the forum?

Edit: Here you go, it's in here somewhere:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=439527
Field Researcher
#8 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by garghuul
My admittedly faulty memory says there is/was a mod that removed the sleepwear, or turned it invisible. Something like that. Have you tried searching the forum?

Edit: Here you go, it's in here somewhere:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=439527

That just leaves them in regular clothing when they go to bed, like their ball gowns or everyday armor, which looks stranger in my opinion.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mythica7
You'd think that nude sleepwear would almost be appropriate to the medieval theme. <_<
/justification

Is conversion for clothing even possible for TSM?

while it might be more realistic, the game would have to be rated M for nudity unless they put the mosaic on them when they are sleeping.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Test Subject
#10 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 9:00 PM
I guess you're right. Though in TS2 they did have the more outgoing sims go swimming in the nude. Maybe if one of the traits prompted TSM sims to sleep nude it would fit a little better.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rcranger9
while it might be more realistic, the game would have to be rated M for nudity unless they put the mosaic on them when they are sleeping.

That's what mods are for.

If something triggers them to change into sleepwear and the lack of clothing is a different outfit you'd think there would be a way to switch.

I'm unfortunately not very knowledgable at all with modding, and too busy to figure it out since I'm getting married in a few weeks. :D
Test Subject
#12 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kawaiipd
I'm unfortunately not very knowledgable at all with modding, and too busy to figure it out since I'm getting married in a few weeks. :D

Aw, congrats!

I, however, am the type who would put off marriage to get a mod done. If I knew how to mod, that is. If I did, there would be naked sims EVERYWHERE.
Test Subject
#13 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 4:18 PM
Not neccessarily true
Quote: Originally posted by kawaiipd
That just leaves them in regular clothing when they go to bed, like their ball gowns or everyday armor, which looks stranger in my opinion.

If you have the mod installed and to have a sim sleep in the nude, just click take bath and click go to bed. Then click on the bathing icon to cancel. The sim will leave the bath nude and change into nude clothing to sleep.

If you want the sim to stay nude, then cancel the go to bed action BEFORE the sim gets into bed and the sim will stay nude and do all acitivities nude.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 5:16 PM
I hope there is a varity of sleepware.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rojan
I hope there is a varity of sleepware.

I attempted to customize one of my Sim's sleepwear in CAS, but it keep turning it into their everyday clothes! I did notice while trying to do this that there are other styles of nightgowns for the ladies you can choose from, though they're not what you might call, uh..stylish! Could only select the doofus hat, though.
Test Subject
#16 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pcsbvba
If you have the mod installed and to have a sim sleep in the nude, just click take bath and click go to bed. Then click on the bathing icon to cancel. The sim will leave the bath nude and change into nude clothing to sleep.

If you want the sim to stay nude, then cancel the go to bed action BEFORE the sim gets into bed and the sim will stay nude and do all acitivities nude.

I didn't get a screen shot . but the other night I was down by the path to town , and as pretty as you please an npc girl sim came walking by naked . I was shocked to say the least. and happy hehe.. I do have the nude clothes package loaded fyi...

I have tried to make an npc sim come back from cas with no clothes but no luck yet, this just shows it can happen tho..
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 5:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mflaha55
I attempted to customize one of my Sim's sleepwear in CAS, but it keep turning it into their everyday clothes! I did notice while trying to do this that there are other styles of nightgowns for the ladies you can choose from, though they're not what you might call, uh..stylish! Could only select the doofus hat, though.

Now that sounds interesting ! Now we only need to find a way to be able to choose these styles. Maybe switching off this automatic change feature after getting up would help that cause as well. For some reason this sounds like the sort of undertaking SimPE is not yet capable of...
Mad Poster
#18 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 11:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aircondor
I didn't get a screen shot . but the other night I was down by the path to town , and as pretty as you please an npc girl sim came walking by naked . I was shocked to say the least. and happy hehe.. I do have the nude clothes package loaded fyi...

This happens now in my games all the time, it's definitely because of the Nude.package, supposedly to be used in CaS. The game spawns new sims out of the Village Shoppe place, and sometimes that clothing will be chosen for the ladies.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Field Researcher
#19 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pcsbvba

Seems like extra unnessicary steps.. and if I have that mod and I don't bother, wouldn't they go to bed with their sheaths and all that?

Ah well. Its not like its the end of the world.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 5:49 PM
I suppose what someone needs to find out is how to unlock the sleepwear configuration menu. If you could plan many different sets of sleepwear, you could also change sleepwear to lets say Sims 3 Custom Sleepwear
Field Researcher
#21 Old 27th Apr 2011 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by akbaa
Now that sounds interesting ! Now we only need to find a way to be able to choose these styles....

akbaa, You may be able to change the sleep outfits by clicking Change Outfit, select the Sleepwear, then Plan Outfit (I think those are the steps I took to get my sim into CAS in her night gown). When you click on the Clothes, you should get the various choices of sleepwear. I haven't tried this yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Just like changing their everyday outfit..hmmm?
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mflaha55
akbaa, You may be able to change the sleep outfits by clicking Change Outfit, select the Sleepwear, then Plan Outfit (I think those are the steps I took to get my sim into CAS in her night gown). When you click on the Clothes, you should get the various choices of sleepwear. I haven't tried this yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Just like changing their everyday outfit..hmmm?

I tried that but it just changed me back into my normal outfit before going into the outfit planning stage. I was able to see the nightwear menu by using Edit in CAS when wearing my sleepwear but when i tried to change the outfit it altered my profession 1 outfit to be sleepwear. It didn't change my night attire at all. There, unfortunately, isn't anything in the sleepwear menu other than two different style of nightgowns anyway.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Impatiens
I tried that but it just changed me back into my normal outfit before going into the outfit planning stage. I was able to see the nightwear menu by using Edit in CAS when wearing my sleepwear but when i tried to change the outfit it altered my profession 1 outfit to be sleepwear. It didn't change my night attire at all. There, unfortunately, isn't anything in the sleepwear menu other than two different style of nightgowns anyway.

I continue to have the same problem as well. Whatever I do with the sleepwear, the game always makes it the everyday wear (profession 1). I guess it isn't so bad to have sleepwear as your professional outfit...if you're Wee Willie Winky, that is! Maybe in a future patch....?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 11th May 2011 at 11:12 PM
Bump...

Sasquatch:"What on Earth are you talking about, human!? We eat berries and mushrooms!"

John Marston:"..........You eat babies!!!!!"
Test Subject
#25 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 12:46 AM
Default just wondering
are there mods that allow sims 2 people to change their own clothes like normal people