Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 17th May 2015 at 5:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by athardragon
SOLVED!!!

So, I don't know which of these three things solved my problem, I did all of them one after the other without testing my game. Here is what I did.

After discovering that my problem might have either been a problem with VIRTUAL memory, or a memory leak from the sims, I did some more research. First of all, I changed the amount of virtual memory my computer can access by doing this: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/...-virtual-memory

Then I rechecked to make sure my NVIDIA card was indeed activating for the sims, and found that it was only activated with the ts3.exe. When in the game I would minimize and check, my card was active but I wondered if maybe it was deactivating for some reason. So I added the ts3w.exe as well.

Lastly, I downloaded and installed a few mods meant to clean up and manage the game. ErrorTrap, Overwatch, Register, and Saver from this site: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ After opening a new game, I clicked on the City Hall and looked at each mods settings in turn. Read more on the website to understand what they do, but basically each morning at 3am it would purge the game of errors like stuck sims and too many vehicles. I love saver because it prompts you to save your game, you can decide how long the intervals are.

And like magic, I can now play for hours with no problems, on high settings. In the neighborhood, in CAS, I've tested it with everything I can think of. So it wasn't my computer specs after all! I think the biggest problem was the memory leak, because at one point I checked the task manager to see how much memory the game was using, it was just under 1GB. I checked several times, it stayed about the same in neighborhood and CAS. Then when I had a freeze that is always followed by a crash, I quickly checked the task manger and saw that it was using almost 4GB all of a sudden! That was my biggest clue.

Anywho, for those of you out there having similar issues, can't hurt to try! Good luck!

Thank you so much for this. My game was running at about 15FPS and was crashing every five minutes and now it is running perfectly!

Also I found my virtual memory was set way lower then it should have been so after resetting that a bunch of other problems on my computer(including one where it would crash every time I tried to burn a Bluray disc)have vanished. Thank you so much for sharing this fix. You have not only saved this game for me but you have also made my computer run better over all.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 5:07 AM
I've been running Sims 3, and for some reason it keeps freezing, though I found out the problem on my end. According to someone on the steam forums, there will sometimes be a bug where a sim somewhere in your neighborhood tries to do an action, and gets stuck. The game freezes up periodically to try and resolve the problem (even sometimes crashing). Whenever it starts freezing, I just enter the console command and type in "resetsim * " where * is used to indicate all sims. Everyone in your game stops whatever they're doing and boom, no more freezing up.
Test Subject
#28 Old 24th Mar 2016 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
Thanks for the Nvidia+ts3w.exe tip. And that having mods do help confirmation.

code: 0xc0000005 usually points to a DEP issue and especially the way Sims 3 handles memory.
Add to the info that you increased VM and that it helped, makes me think there's more to it. If using more VM eases the problems, means not using the physical RAM points to a possible RAM issue. You should run MemTest+86 on those RAMs. Too bad it is a laptop and you can't yank out sticks to test one at a time (if the laptop has a removable panel for the RAM for upgrade options then you should test RAM sticks individually). If you get BSODs (in the future), then this is also an indication of hardware RAM issue, and you should contact the laptop Support to get it checked or replaced while it is still under warranty.

Computers won't crash outright if the system can handle it, but not handle it well. Read Game Help:Your Computer is Like a Carwiki. The wear and tear would accumulate over time. That's why you have been able to play before, but now you start to get issues. Prolong playing on weaker machines is gonna escalate these issues.

I have 6GB RAM and I didn't have to tweak any VM settings to play. I also have no issues with mirrors and reflections (in one of the threads you posted in). All because my card is one of those with ALL Greens.

Weird i have 8 GB of ram on my laptop but sims 3 crashes like crazy. My graphic settings are mostly low too. Thanks for the article too.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 4:59 AM
SOLVED!!!

So, I don't know which of these three things solved my problem, I did all of them one after the other without testing my game. Here is what I did.

After discovering that my problem might have either been a problem with VIRTUAL memory, or a memory leak from the sims, I did some more research. First of all, I changed the amount of virtual memory my computer can access by doing this: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/...-virtual-memory

Then I rechecked to make sure my NVIDIA card was indeed activating for the sims, and found that it was only activated with the ts3.exe. When in the game I would minimize and check, my card was active but I wondered if maybe it was deactivating for some reason. So I added the ts3w.exe as well.

Lastly, I downloaded and installed a few mods meant to clean up and manage the game. ErrorTrap, Overwatch, Register, and Saver from this site: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ After opening a new game, I clicked on the City Hall and looked at each mods settings in turn. Read more on the website to understand what they do, but basically each morning at 3am it would purge the game of errors like stuck sims and too many vehicles. I love saver because it prompts you to save your game, you can decide how long the intervals are.

And like magic, I can now play for hours with no problems, on high settings. In the neighborhood, in CAS, I've tested it with everything I can think of. So it wasn't my computer specs after all! I think the biggest problem was the memory leak, because at one point I checked the task manager to see how much memory the game was using, it was just under 1GB. I checked several times, it stayed about the same in neighborhood and CAS. Then when I had a freeze that is always followed by a crash, I quickly checked the task manger and saw that it was using almost 4GB all of a sudden! That was my biggest clue.

Anywho, for those of you out there having similar issues, can't hurt to try! Good luck!

I have am issue where the CAW EIG mode crashes, and wonder if it's related. How did you add the TS3s.exe for the video card? The game runs, but the edit in game won't. I have an NVidia Quatro 600 myself, which the game also didn't recognize, but which works quite well in normal game mode. Know this is old, but hoping for some solution, thanks!
Test Subject
#31 Old 11th May 2016 at 5:41 PM

What are the numbers that you used for the initial and maximum size?
Test Subject
#32 Old 20th May 2016 at 3:48 PM
Im using a Dell Inspirion15 Laptop and although the ram is at 4gig which more than adequately meets the minimum requirements, the processor speed does not. However, my laptop has run Sims 3 + 8 expansion packs flawlessly for the last three years, which makes me think that most problems would be memory related or due to the performance of the laptop. Of the few problems I did have, it was mostly due to problems in the PC registry or a fragmented hard drive. Upgrading to windows 8.1 improved my game a lot as well, so I guess it would just depend on the laptop itself.
Test Subject
#33 Old 13th May 2023 at 5:21 PM
Default things to do in sims 3 not to do or it will error or crash
heres the main causes for world data file corruption or crashes
any time you use a lot item on a residential it will crash or error and wont save i know this because ive discovered this on my end its an routing issue of other sims when you use a lot item on residential it causes other sims to be routed there pluss any other items thats for lots can do same you cant have some plants on your lot to harvest a fix is place it from debug to a community lot same with a pond with fish these two causes other sims to come and collect the harvest or fish and will cause a route error that can corrupt your would data causing save error or cause it to crash same if you decide to make a grave yard residential home like a haunted house there is a lot like that to download century manor now that home causes crashes because it uses grave yard community lot items and has broken routes century manor then is fine its a nice sims home so these are my causes of woe but you can customize a community lot as a harvest fishing grounds and put a charger there and just send a bot there to harvest and fish the plants dont die permantly except for the death flowers you can use naras debug to revive those so i hope this info helps some one and one more thing be careful with store contents they will definitely cause woes if you get one thats bugged not all store contents are stabled best luck simmers
Page 2 of 2