Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 12:13 AM Last edited by Zuperbuu : 25th Jan 2015 at 3:31 PM. Reason: Problem Solved (At least it seems to be!)

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Sim that doesn't exist causing Errors - how to delete it?
Hello all; my game runs fine, my computer is handling it well, and I have played the game previously with CC (this time I only installed MasterController, Overwatch and ErrorTrap in my new play-through). But I have run into an annoying bug; a sim has been created (how, I do not know) that ErrorTrap grabs and OW keeps "bringing back" into my game. This Sim has no name at all, and when I check under my townies list using MasterController they are -72 days old (yes, negative 72 days). I was wondering if there is a way to remove this no-name annoyance from my game completely, since they appear to vanish from the game but OW keeps bringing them back which causes errors.
I have tried finding this no-name rogue physically by checking every house, but they do not exist. OW is set to clear out homeless Sims and rogue cars, but clearly this sim isn't homeless since OW keeps bringing them back.

I run a HP laptop, IntelCore i5 processor, 8GB RAM, 1.5TB Hard Drive with Iris Graphics. This machine is also 1 month old, so it's brand new and has played a heavily CC Sims 3 previously without fault. I have read tutorials for removing Sims for 3 but they only indicate removal of housed families, and I have tried to find a solution for this bug on my own for the past few hours but I have found nothing like this reported before so any help would be appreciated.

Because I drabble here's a short version: I have a Sim with no name or home that I want to delete from my game, to stop it causing errors. Please help in any way you can, it would be appreciated.
Advertisement
#3 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 8:44 AM
I wonder if you used the mailbox cheat to let your sim know everyone would the nameless sim show up in your relationships panel? If so you could manipulate your sims's relationship with this rogue creature and possibly get it to come to you, then what you do with it the is up to you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 9:35 AM Last edited by Zuperbuu : 25th Jan 2015 at 10:14 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Never seen that before, however you can try.

Mastercontroller:

Town - total annihilation --> try to find that sim. (if you don't find him, click cancel, not continue.)

or

Sim - Advanced - total annihilation - homeworld --> pick your homeworld and then try to find him (if you don't find him, click cancel, not continue.)

I tried both but OverWatch keeps bringing them back, since they are then listed as "Missing". Thanks anyway, I haven't fully explored Mastercontroller yet and didn't know about that feature. :/

Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
I wonder if you used the mailbox cheat to let your sim know everyone would the nameless sim show up in your relationships panel? If so you could manipulate your sims's relationship with this rogue creature and possibly get it to come to you, then what you do with it the is up to you.

I haven't tried this yet and will give it a go now. I'll reply with any results. Thanks!

EDIT: I used the mailbox cheat for my sim to know everyone, but nobody without a name or face showed up (or anyone I didn't recognise). I messed with MasterController again and kicked the homeless out of town manually but nobody was removed, so I closed my game and cleared all my cache files since they were rather bloated anyway. I have yet to see any more errors regarding this rogue, but if they rear their non-existent face again I'll be sure to update about it.
#5 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 10:59 AM
Fingers crossed the rogue is gone for good
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 3:30 PM
I've played for a solid 4 hours and they haven't shown up again, neither have any errors relating to them. Guess all I can say to anyone else who may get this really unusual bug is to clear the cache. Thanks for the tips you guys!