Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#2301 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eduseo
"So are you here to raise your social bar or your hunger bar?"

Both, now sit down and chat with me about paranormal while I eat.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2302 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 12:44 AM
When you hear Sims 1 music being used as elevator music in a a video and have to skip back several times just to make sure you hear it right:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m81ZTHk9eT8&t=7m40s

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#2303 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 7:53 AM
When you dream about sims. I know there is a thread about it. But it is freaking scary when you wake up. I had a dream that my hood was corrupted in strange and evil ways. Nothing to do about it, just start something new. Preferably after reinstalling it all.
Link Ninja
#2304 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 11:14 PM
When someone at the office meeting asks how they know how big a folder is (we're discussing moving files to a new server) and I piped up immediately "Right click on the folder and select 'info' and it will show you" and everyone is really impressed until you admit that you have to do it all the time to make sure you're sims 2 custom content isn't out of control.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#2305 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 11:23 PM
Mad Poster
#2306 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 8:35 AM
In RL woman with black hair and red dress is walking by.
Me noticing: "Bella is walking by."
Mad Poster
#2307 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 3:08 AM
You're playing a tabletop RPG with your friends and you want a food-related battlecry for your hobbit to give as she attacks, and what comes out of your mouth is: "Grilled cheese for everyone!"
(I know, I know, they're halflings not hobbits. When I play 'em, they're hobbits.)

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#2308 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 5:13 AM
When you're working on a word puzzle and, for a five-letter word beginning with an "L" your first choice is always llama.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#2309 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 9:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You're playing a tabletop RPG with your friends and you want a food-related battlecry for your hobbit to give as she attacks, and what comes out of your mouth is: "Grilled cheese for everyone!"
(I know, I know, they're halflings not hobbits. When I play 'em, they're hobbits.)

I'm not sure that's going to scare any enemies away. XD In fact they might join you for dinner instead lol.
Mad Poster
#2310 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 1:17 PM
Charity, that, too, would be victory. I had a hobbit monk once who insisted on taking minions prisoner instead of killing wholesale, and we would interrogate them, very politely, while she was cooking dinner, with the understanding that the more satisfactory their answers, the more of that delicious-smelling stuff they could eat. I don't think she failed to turn a single minion, and some of them became our staunch allies.

Battlecries aren't necessarily about intimidating the enemy. They can also be used to rally the troops. And Peony did, in fact, make grilled cheese for everyone (in her cast iron skillet, Snakebane, which does d6 damage, +2 when hot) at the end of the day. I'll have to come up with different dishes for different days, since no one in our party has a grilled cheese aspiration and it won't be as inspiring two days in a row.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#2311 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 1:23 PM
I had a party once that liked to kill every cute woodland animal we came across. We did eat well lol.
Field Researcher
#2312 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 6:39 PM
I keep finding myself looking at real life clothes with English writing on, and thinking "that's nice, it's a shame I only use Simlish things"
Test Subject
#2313 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 4:16 AM
I keep making weird sim noises, get the songs that play during the loading screens stuck in my head, and I spell load like "lode" now.
Mad Poster
#2314 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 4:26 PM
When you realized that more and more people started using a brown treated wood for their porch, instead of the boring green kind and you say out loud : I really like this new Default Replacement!
Strange thing is, my roommate walking by my side at that moment, to this replied : 'Yeah..I guess it's the new "trend"..'
I've been understood!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#2315 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 4:28 PM
When you start to dream in Simlish. And actually understand it (to the extent that Simlish can be understood, anyways).

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2316 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 6:15 PM
When you buy clothes that look like ones in the game so you and your sim can dress alike.
Mad Poster
#2317 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 6:17 PM
lol! Imagine if you have a sewing machine, how things can go downhill...

Mad Poster
#2318 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 6:18 PM
How is learning how to design clothes going downhill? That's a difficult and useful skill, and it would be yet another example of how games are good for us!

Forum Resident
#2319 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 6:25 PM
When a waitress sets a plate in front of you and your first thought is to say, "Vadish."

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#2320 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
How is learning how to design clothes going downhill? That's a difficult and useful skill, and it would be yet another example of how games are good for us!

Because making your own everything, based off of TS2 clothing..*might*, just might be a tad obsessive.---->In that sense, Peni.
I do own a few sewing machines, made all my children's clothing when they were babies etc. There is nothing wrong with that.

Lab Assistant
#2321 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 7:09 PM Last edited by Shadow214 : 16th Sep 2017 at 12:20 PM.
When you start putting your favorite sims into other games you play. I added Olive Specter,Bella Goth and Ophelia Nigmos to my Tomodachi life. I also put Bella as party member in Miitopia.
Mad Poster
#2322 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 5:19 PM
You stayed up till 3am and a dream wakes you up at 9am (the time where I am now), and I'm still upset by it. A guy slapped me & a crowd gathered as we fought in a cloud of dust = fire! and some nice old men with long white beards came to put out the fire - by peeing on us..and everyone else. And everyone they "peeded" on starting getting baby bumps... POP POP POP! And then they all delivered ... POPCORN! no, it was rice/maggots/baby burritos. An nice mommy cats came to clean the spaghetti sauce off the rice/babies/kittens. And I was trying to help by picking them up very carefully because they were the size of rice but they were all over the ground and people were panicked and running all over and doing the smusel and squishing the babies and in the back of my mind I'm thinking why aren't I PREGNENT (because I'm too old) and how could those old men make everyone pregnant! (male chauvinist Maxis men!)

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#2323 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 5:55 PM
And I thought my dreams were weird...

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2324 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 6:04 PM
Inventor
#2325 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 7:03 PM
When you realize you have a serious addiction and can't stop thinking about the game when it's not running, or at least your Sims. In other words when you're doing something that requires the game closed, like when you have SimPE open while modifying a few .package files.

Yesterday I was only away from the game for a few minutes while tweaking some files on SimPe, and that's when I admitted my sheer commitment to it.
Page 93 of 115