Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 4:05 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Lot began crashed after placing a swimming pool and now crashes each time the lot is un-paused
Hello guys,

I hope someone can help. One of my families who I have been playing for quite a while with no problems was given a swimming pool (I have other lots with swimming pools that all run fine) and when I entered live mode it crashes to the desktop with the error message: "The application has crashed. The application will now terminate."

I can't think what is causing the crash. I don't see how it could be custom content because everything was working correctly until I placed the pool and now (with no pool as it did not save) it will not even enter live mode.
I have tried to see if there is a source of the corruption in the lot but I actually have no idea what to look for or how to check. Sorry!

Lemme know if there's anything I should provide further. I've provided my system specs but, again, not sure how helpful they will be.

Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 4:55 AM
The crash may have corrupted the lot or a sim/s on the lot. First try moving the sims out, do they load up on a blank lot? Try loading their lot without them, does it load? Soemetimes moving out and back in can fix an issue. Did you check the Bat Box?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 12:56 PM
I will try that later today and get back to you. I have considered the Bat Box but the number of options overwhelmed me! I will take another look. Thank you.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 7:46 PM
See if there's something under fix - especially something that wasn't there before.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 9:40 PM
Thanks for both responding. I downloaded the Bat Box and systematically went through all the safe seeming ones for wiping corruption. I couldn't tell you what worked but something worked. In case anyone else has this issue in the future I wiped the following:

- Stuck bills
- Work state
- Stuck diners
- Dangling furiousness
- Clear trash
- Clear gossip
- Nuke attraction markers.

ONE of those or a combination of those worked after I saved the lot and reentered. So it seems peachy... for now. Thanks again. Going forward I'll make sure I regularly wipe the gossip and junk memories.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 12:35 AM
I doubt any of those would have stopped the lot from loading, but they are good things to clear.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 2:49 PM
There may have been a corrupted piece of gossip in there. No telling what that might do. As long as it works, that's the main thing.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 9:33 PM
Dangling furiousness? I hardly ever see that one. It's one that only appears if you have the problem. The others I see regularly - oh except stuck diners but that wouldn't be a thing on a residential lot. So my guess is that. Anyway, the good thing is it worked. Batbox can be good for that sort of thing.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc