Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 8:09 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time
Default Sims 2 Lag when Switching Sims?
Has anybody gotten this lag? I read from somewhere that it is caused by Securom. I did everything I could find in the tutorials by downloading the removal, and making sure it is off the registry and whatnot.. but they said that I had to download a No CD.exe. I have Sims 2 Double Deluxe, and I tried doing that but it didn't work at all.. I don't really understand what they meant by that.. I pasted and overwrote the application.. there were other applications too in my folder, and I have no idea if I have to remove them too.. can someone give me a tutorial on how to put the no-CD.exe as I don't want it to disrupt my game if I make a mistake? I appreciate it, thanks.. couldn't find any tutorial anywhere and I'm so confused at this point as to what to do.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 8:36 AM
I have all expansion packs.. my most recent one is sims 2 apartment life.. but it keeps telling me to launch double deluxe? so I tried downloading the no-cd.exe applications and tried launching the game with Sims 2 Apartment life.exe but it tells me to launch Double Deluxe.. so I tried doing that but it told me to launch Apartment Life? I don't get it.. also, when I downloaded the no-CD.exe, it told me to replace the application of the base, nightlife, and celebrations.. but I don't know which one to launch..? I'm so confused.. i'm about to give up right now.. sorry, so stressed out.. I finally removed the securom, and I got it off the registry and all, that part I got, but it's this NO-CD.exe that I don't get, and I see no tutorial anywhere and no one is elaborating on how to do this.. i'm a lost cause
and now securom keeps coming back to lag my game
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 8:44 AM
You can't talk about this here, it's against site rules. Have you tried getting the UC from origin?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 8:57 AM
I already have the game.. that's the thing.. I think you're misreading it.. anyway, I tried to run the game compatible for Win7 to see if it would boost performance.. and I just lost everything on my game.. I think it's safe to say that I'm gonna put the Sims 2 down for good.. T_T
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 9:28 AM
No, it's simply part of the sites rules, doesn't matter if you own it or not. The UC is free. Running your game in compatibility mode should not do anything to your game. Remember to always have a recent backup before making any significant changes.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 10:26 AM
not sure but running it in compatibility mode seemed to have reset everything.. and lost all my progress. sigh