Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#226 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 5:42 PM
I too have not heard yet. Would like to read the feedback before submitting round 4. Thanks so much!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#227 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 6:06 PM
Sorry guys, I've been woefully busy this week and haven't had time to send out the comments yet - I've hardly been on my computer! I'll try and get them out tomorrow, but I'll extend the final round for a few days to allow for this! Sorry this is the first you've heard about it!

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Lab Assistant
#228 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 5:37 PM Last edited by lipe2k : 15th Apr 2012 at 5:37 PM. Reason: Typo =D
Default Lipe2k's Round 4 Entry
I've finally found the time to build my Entry 4 lot! This is inhabited by my last available family: The Gravel Family - Tyler Gravel is a romantic, fitness fanatic and rising athlete. He wants his house to have a modern feel, and the wow factor that will impress all the ladies. A home-gym is a must, and a swimming pool outside would be his idea of perfection. Tyler also wants a guest bedroom for when his family fly in to town to watch his matches.

This is the front of the house.

The living room.

The kitchen with dining area.

Tyler's room.

The guest room.

The backyard, with a long swimming pool, soccer goal and a BBQ area.

First level layout.

Second level layout.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#229 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 1:06 AM
All the Round 3 feedback messages have been sent out! Round 4 will now close on Sunday 22nd April. If you can't meet this deadline, PM me as soon as possible, and I'll see if there's enough demand to extend the round further!

Field Researcher
#230 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 4:43 AM
Default Jaguwar - Round 4 - Tyler Gravel
Quote:
Tyler Gravel is a romantic, fitness fanatic and rising athlete. He wants his house to have a modern feel, and the wow factor that will impress all the ladies. A home-gym is a must, and a swimming pool outside would be his idea of perfection. Tyler also wants a guest bedroom for when his family fly in to town to watch his matches.

Well all righty then! Tyler, how about this house? It's a 2 bedroom 2 bath with an open concept living area, loads of outdoor play area, a pool and hot tub, a semi-private workout room attached to your top floor master suite, and a rooftop garden around two sides of the bedroom which creates a sense of intimacy in spite of the big windows.

Speaking of big windows, you will NOT want for lack of natural lighting: they're everywhere! Take a look:

From above, it looks like this:

See where it looks like there's a break in the roof? That's your garden, with lush plants.

Top floor. (You can see some of the main floor too. That's because that area on the left of the rooftop garden uses a frieze, allowing for a raised ceiling in that area without breaking the rules.)

The main floor. Yes, those are planters in the alcoves on either side of the entry. This is where you find the open living area, as well as a small guest bedroom and a three piece bathroom.

From the bar area, you have a commanding view of the entire living space so that you can interact with your guests, or prepare a quick drink for the lady friends.

Here's where you work out, but also where you bring the ladies... Stunning views on two sides are mitigated by lush plantings just outside your room.

Access to your bedroom and workout room is via this spiral staircase, tucked out of the way so as to not distract the attention when you're entertaining.

Water. Fire. Pool, hot tub and did I mention the fire pit? all kinds of ways to get ... relaxed.

That's it! If you want to see more, you'll want to visit the house for yourself! My name's Jaguwar, President and CEO of JDCSims. Contact me when you're ready for the full tour.
I hope no one minds, I had a lot of fun with this one, in spite of the relatively small size, so I decided to have fun with the presentation too. Weeee!!!! foundation contest is over for me. Thank you!
Field Researcher
#231 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 4:48 AM Last edited by Jaguwar : 16th Apr 2012 at 4:59 AM. Reason: Corrected the link to the new, contest-only album.
Default About picture sizes...
Oh btw, these pics are supposed to be 800 wide. I did my best to frame them well. The original pics are 1360 wide (WAAAAYYYY to big for here), but I don't know how to make them bigger from Picasa. However if you go to the album (link here ) you can go fullscreen for better views, just press the magnifying glass or, better yet, go fullscreen. I promise, from that picture on is ONLY the 8 pics I entered here.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#232 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 11:23 AM
Default Round 4: The Lewis Family
Here is my entry for the last round. It is not finished, and it will not be finished, but I would feel bad if I didn't post it at all.
(Why it's not finished? --> Check my profile if are interested)

The Lewis house:

I'm aware that I will lose points on the finished-ness of the house, and if a description was required, this post is really lacking on one. CC was minimaly used, the required pics are up, and in decent size - no photoshopping what so ever used. The pictures, some are dark cause they are all process pictures.

That's about it. Thank you for the host for this awesome contest
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#233 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 12:19 PM Last edited by armiel : 17th Apr 2012 at 5:55 PM. Reason: Did I really make so many typos and did not notice, lol
Sorry for the double post, but since you can't edit your entries

The foundation is the shape required even though it looks like it's missing a piece where the chimney is. The wall makes the hole, foundation is intact. This is due to the way the lighting acts in game, so if I had made the wall so that it goes inside the chimney, it would have appeared ridiculously dark. So yeh, just wanted to explain. (Excuses!!!)
Alchemist
#234 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 10:27 PM
Default Mike and Meadow's Cabin, Sweet Cabin

and rear view:

Living room with beautiful fireplace and homey decor including flowers by Macarossi:

Kitchen with breakfast bar and dining room: (quilt tapestry lovingly made by Meadow)

Loft bedroom with beautiful handmade quilt by aixlachaise:

Study where Mike and Meadow research, classify, and organize their bug collection:

Floor plans of both floors:

So there you have the new home of the Barkworth's. I hope they love it!
Scholar
#235 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 1:09 AM
Default Round 4 - GRAVEL
Sorry, my life just sort of exploded in the last week, so I am too exhausted to come up with a backstory of any kind... Here's the pictures before I face-plant into my keyboard.

The master bedroom is actually done with a roof, I just didn't put ceiling tiles in.

Thanks for hosting the contest! Can't wait to see who wins!
Lab Assistant
#236 Old 19th Apr 2012 at 4:58 PM
Default Round 4 Barkworth
I've recently gotten a copy of TS3 base game so the Barkworth family has found they needed to immigrate. Their log cabin was built with base game content in lovely Sunset Valley. The house is waiting for it's new owners to unpack the last of their knick knacks and officially move in.

Test Subject
#237 Old 19th Apr 2012 at 5:18 PM
amsome
that looks awsum
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#238 Old 19th Apr 2012 at 7:14 PM
Um, didn't White ask about switching between the two games and get told that it wasn't allowed?
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#239 Old 19th Apr 2012 at 8:50 PM
She did, and was not allowed, no.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#240 Old 19th Apr 2012 at 10:23 PM
Yeah, unfortunately... Rosebud1773, I can't accept a Sims 3 entry for your last round as you've submitted all the rest in Sims 2! If you still want to submit a Sims 2 entry, there is still a good 3 days left and we'll accept that entry! Sorry!

Field Researcher
#241 Old 20th Apr 2012 at 4:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wgroome
Yeah, unfortunately... Rosebud1773, I can't accept a Sims 3 entry for your last round as you've submitted all the rest in Sims 2! If you still want to submit a Sims 2 entry, there is still a good 3 days left and we'll accept that entry! Sorry!

Cute entry Rosebud, just rebuild it in TS2. You can do it!
Lab Assistant
#242 Old 20th Apr 2012 at 5:11 PM
Default Re-Post Round 4 Barkworth
As I did not see anything in the rules regarding switching between games, I did not think it would be an issue. Given the fact that I had very little time to reconstruct this due to my current class load, it is far from my best house. There were also structural issues and other limitations while rebuilding between games.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#243 Old 20th Apr 2012 at 11:58 PM
It's a bit late now, but maybe next time it'd be a good idea to add all the rule-related QAs to the first post, so no-one misses out on any restrictions/clarifications.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#244 Old 21st Apr 2012 at 10:53 AM
whirerider... That's definitely something to remember for next time (I just sort of assume everybody reads all the posts in the thread! )

Lab Assistant
#245 Old 21st Apr 2012 at 10:28 PM Last edited by Sulyuki : 24th Apr 2012 at 10:32 PM.
Round 4 - The Gravel Family

I don't like modern, but I really wanted a log cabin so thank you for that one.

Front view.

Guest bedroom that also doubles as an office.

Living room.

Kitchen.

Gym.

Backyard with a pool.

First floor.

Second floor.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#246 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 4:02 AM Last edited by jones7659 : 23rd Apr 2012 at 1:19 AM. Reason: The graciousness of Wgroome allowed me to fix some idiotic oversights I made...lol
Default Round 4: Montenegro
*This has been an extremely fun contest! Thanks Wgroome for hosting it! When I finally settled on this New Orleans style home (after several other "starts" as with the Lewis family) I realized it's kind of difficult to add in Mardi Gras decor for a girl who hates purple!!! lol. *

Rain was drawn to the diverse culture of Faux Orleans, so when she moved out of her parents to pursue art, she headed straight for Faux Orleans. This beautiful home grabbed her attention right away.

The brick exterior walls were already painted green, so that was a plus for Rain.

The first floor features a living room, kitchen, laundry and half bath.

Second floor: Bedroom, studio, full bath and open landing space Rain has converted to a reading area

The living room is decorated with Rain's artwork, including some things she painted directly on the walls. It's also a favorite napping place of Dali (dog) and Escher (cat)

The reading area also feature some wall art by Rain and some Mardi Gras masks

Over her bed Rain hung a piece of art she did in high school that has always been a favorite.

Most of the time Rain can be found in her studio painting or sculpting or sketching (can't see the sculpting station or draft table in this pic, but you can in the overhead)

Her back yard menagerie are poised by her haphazard garden.

*Thanks again Wgroome. And thanks to everyone else who participated! I've really enjoyed myself and have loved seeing all the other wonderful entries! everyone! And yes, I just realized I somehow forgot to give her a stool for her drafting table *

*EDIT* Thanks to Wgroome allowing us to edit our final entries, Rain now has a stool for her drafting table and a dining table indoors. And thanks to Jaguwar's help, the ground floor shutters are back! :D
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#247 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 4:11 AM
Also I would like to add, but didn't want to edit my entry, the ground floor does have shutters also, but for some reason when I go up a floor they disappear. This always happens in my game, I don't know if others have the same problem, but I promise they are there! lol
Instructor
#248 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 9:33 AM
Default Round Four entry - Gravel
Our last home offered by SimCity Realty is for one Tyler Gravel, up-and-coming football star and ladies' man extraordinaire. This house has a modern flair to reflect Tyler's status as a young, popular athlete famous throughout Sim City.

The main floor of Tyler's new home features a two-story fountain in the entryway, a spacious open living/dining area, and a home gym with a private shower room.

The large backyard offers a pool perfect for cross-training and a jacuzzi to soothe sore muscles, as well as plenty of space to sunbathe or host a barbeque.

The second floor is equipped with two large bedrooms and two baths. The open hallway is brightly lit and contains a stylish reading nook.

The master bedroom is perfect for Tyler, decorated to his taste in seductive tones of red, black, and white. The room's front alcove, decked out with candles and an impressive leopard-skin rug, is perfect for more intimate conversations with guests; while the small, sunny workspace near the bathroom allows Tyler room to indulge in his serious side when in private.

The second bedroom (also with its own adjoining bath) is reserved for Tyler's parents, whenever they come to see his games. This room is done in more reserved tones than the rest of the upstairs so as not to offend their sensibilities, but still retains the same modern feel as the rest of the house.

(Build notes: yes, there is a roof. It kept disappearing when I dropped the camera to street level. The weird pixelation along the roofline is a byproduct of having floor tiles against the wall-windows--there was nothing I could do about it. Also, there *is* deco in the master BR on the wall/floor near the doorway, but due to the angle and the black paint you can't really see it.)

Thank you to wgroome for hosting this challenge. It's been a lot of fun! And thanks to everyone who has been judging!
Field Researcher
#249 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jones7659
Also I would like to add, but didn't want to edit my entry, the ground floor does have shutters also, but for some reason when I go up a floor they disappear. This always happens in my game, I don't know if others have the same problem, but I promise they are there! lol

Yes, that's a setting under "options", something about hiding objects on other floors. I discovered the problem the first time I tried using the TAB camera to make sure I got a proper view of my ceilings: furniture disappeared on lower floors! Changing the setting solved the problem... but increased lag a bit because the house was pretty big and loaded with *stuff*.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#250 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jaguwar
Yes, that's a setting under "options", something about hiding objects on other floors. I discovered the problem the first time I tried using the TAB camera to make sure I got a proper view of my ceilings: furniture disappeared on lower floors! Changing the setting solved the problem... but increased lag a bit because the house was pretty big and loaded with *stuff*.

Thanks! I didn't know that. It's always irritated me.

Page 10 of 11