Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 11:32 PM Last edited by CoopaKid : 11th Aug 2019 at 1:01 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Controller Apartment error
Hi, first I'd like to apologize in advance if I messed up with the attachments (I never used the forums here before)

So recently I've been getting this "controller - apartment" error on 2 out of 3 families living in an apartment I made, clicking cancel does nothing since it will reappear, reset will work and take me to the lot normally, and delete will make everything flash pink
It's been about a month since I checked on any of these families so I thought it may have been a new CC I got within that time.

I tried removing most of my CC which made the error stop appearing upon loading into the lot, but it still appeared while saving, and so I click reset and it saves normally, but once I leave and come back (Yes the error will appear again when loading in, clicked reset) I start seeing a at least 1 or 2 things in pink.

So I repeat the steps, save the lot, click reset on the error, and re-enter the lot, and strangely, I find nothing in pink. I keep repeating this with the 2 families but nothing seems to show up, until I alt-tabbed and all hell broke loose and everything started flashing in pink.

When I would try removing all my CC, my game would get stuck on loading (Either startup loading screen or neighborhood loading screen) I took out the maxis hoods because I didn't need them, but I tried to re-add them to test apartments there but the loading got stuck again.
My game normally loads fairly fast, about 5 minutes for startup + neighborhood, and I have about 6GB worth of CC, plus, since I removed my CC, the loading time was extremely fast but then it stopped at the end.

Also I'd like to add that I do delete groups & accessory cache files and neighborhoodmanager every now and then, and yes I make backups of my hood.
I don't know what made the loading function properly again, but now I'm worried that moving large amounts of CC or hoods will just result in it getting stuck again.

So basically, does anyone know what this error means and how to get rid of it? At this point I'm wondering if I can save it by just moving the families out of the apartment and ditching it, although I didn't want to lose my pictures taken by the career reward camera.

Thanks for your time.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ObjectError_N004_t277144.rar (41.6 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 11:40 PM
You have nothing attached. make sure it has a valid file extension: 7z gif jpeg jpg png rar txt zip Select your file and click upload.

Did you make a full backup before removing your CC? You should do that first. Place that somewhere safe and only then test your game. Certain issues can be created when you pull your download folder which is why you want to make that backup first.

Pink flashing is a common issue. Do you have the 4 gb patch and the graphic rules done?

Welcome to the board.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 1:04 AM
Okay, I got the attachments on, I hope it's okay I put the txt file in a rar, because it said the txt file was too big to upload.
I managed to try taking out all my CC and I still got the error.
And yes I have the 4GB patch and graphic rules (But I tweaked the graphic rules abit because some of my fences were looking invisible in the shadows)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 5:51 PM
Oh hey, I get this error with apartments, although for me, hitting delete doesn't give me flashing pink, it makes the game think my sim doesn't live there. I even took a screencap yesterday thinking 'I've worked so hard getting my game clean and tidy, I really should fix this!' but tbh, as hitting reset seems to work, it's very low on my list of priorities. So uh, in conclusion, no idea what's causing it, but you're not alone and if you figure it out, do let us know!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 1:58 AM
@Chris Hatch can probably read and know what that error is.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 7:30 AM
I believe the error has something to do with my apartment neighbors' furniture. (Hence the "Update object copies")
When I first moved in the apartment, I could see my neighbors' furniture just fine when I visited them, but when I further progressed in decorating, only half the furniture would show up when I visited.
Eventually this escalated into only seeing half the furniture but they were completely messed up (such as the toilet being in the kitchen), but now it's just completely empty when I visit.

Not sure if this is related, but I realized I haven't seen the townie sim that's living in the unoccupied apartment in awhile, and when I checked his door, the door just says "unique separator", it was the townie Makoto St. Julien.
So I tried moving in another family to occupy the last unit, but ended up getting the error shortly after loading in.

I also tried moving out 2 families, then I went into the last family and strangely, the sims from the families that moved out were still standing in their apartments, and I could see in their apartments despite not visiting them, and I couldn't say goodbye to them and they just stood there.
I could also see their furniture but it was rewinded back to a point where I wasn't done with them. (I tried to steal the pictures I didn't want to lose by using aptsublotspecifictoolsdisabled false but turns out this family also gets the error while saving)

Then I tried moving all the families out and go into the unoccupied apartment and it still gave me the error.
So I placed it in the bin then replaced it and tried moving families in, I was no longer getting the error and everything looked fine, but by the time I moved the 4th family in, I started seeing pink flashing again.

Unfortunately I think I'm out of ideas, I guess I'll just give them houses instead of apartments.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 9:54 AM
I don't think I've ever visited many of the neighbours, but now I'm thinking I might see what happens when I visit an apartment lot that's full of playables vs an apartment lot with NPC residents. I wonder if the mod to make the apartment residents townies might have something to do with it too.
Scholar
#8 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 3:34 PM
Unfortunately I can't work out errors on lua scripts, the error log gives no indication of what line or value caused the error.
I have seen that error happen at least once before and I have an empty download folder so I can tell you it's probably not cc and the pink flashing is not related, for me it was a one off glitch.

The error log shows a lot token of GUID 341847269 (0x14602CE5) which is 'Token - Apartment - Object Copies'. It has 3558 properties some of which are zero so perhaps that is related, but I really don't know.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 10:47 PM
Thanks for trying to help, I decided to give up the apartment and make fenced up houses inspired by the apartment and place them side by side so they feel apartment-ish.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 6th Oct 2020 at 1:20 PM
Bump, because I'm having the exact same issue and AFAIK MTS rules, It'd be better to bump a thread with the same error than creating a new one. Here's my Object Error Log:
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ObjectError_SPNG_t258014.txt (65.4 KB, 17 downloads)
Mad Poster
#11 Old 7th Oct 2020 at 8:06 AM
I've had glitchy apartment lots before when I started Apartment Life and tried to use a few of EA's apartment lots and things would glitch out like sims not be able to go to work or to school in those apartment lots and I didn't get the acutal error messages because I didn't turn BPTCE on and don't make a habit of using it and use Mods that unlock things spawned from that cheat.It's a common issue from leaving that cheat on for too long as it was only meant to be used and turned off once you were done with it.I also haven't even played any EA built apartment lots in years and don't usually get that on my custom built apartment lots unless I installed a glitchy Mod.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 7th Oct 2020 at 8:41 AM
Debug mode doesn't cause errors, it just reports them when they occur. IMO, everyone who uses mods regularly should have it on all the time so they can generate error logs, it wasn't "meant" to only be used for cheats.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 7th Oct 2020 at 5:01 PM
I just reported what's been said before and it's acutally common for EA's builds to be the ones that have the errors and BPTCE shouldn't be always left on for other reasons like the fact that too many interactions are available on objects that can be clicked on by accident that can mess the game up.It's fine to turn it on as needed if you're seeing something not looking right in the game.It's also glitchy Mods that can cause errors or Mods that need another file to work properly like Job Stoppinator.I would check that the errors aren't because that was installed without the smarter Ep check file also being inatalled.
I've never been in the habit of turining that code on and just leaving it on because others report that it should be turned on as needed for either using the cheats or for testing for errors.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 7th Oct 2020 at 7:37 PM
I haven't had the error in a while now and I'm beginning to think it was because I was using cheats to make changes to apartments, primarily replacing interior walls with no-cutaway ones. But recently I moved everybody out so I could do the same thing with the neighbour apartments and since then, it's all been fine, so I guess maybe it was because the apartment copy didn't match the original layout. Of course, that doesn't mean my problem will be the same as everybody else.
As for boolprop, I always leave it on by default, mostly because when I did have this problem with my apartments, getting the error pop-up and hitting Reset was the only way to actually get in. Now I just see no reason to turn it off.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 7th Oct 2020 at 11:04 PM
To access debug interactions on objects, you have to press shift. If you don't press shift, you don't get those interactions. There's absolutely no harm in leaving debug mode on.