Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 5:27 AM
will 1.66 mods work with 1.67?
ive never posted on the forums so im a noob and i dont know where to put nothing

but i need to know will 1.66 mods work with 1.67
i dont know how downgrade my game so uh..
..yeh

help plx
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 5:37 AM
Not unless it specifically says so. Overrides /should/ be fine. The core mods, no.
I just updated my game, as well. Now I'm stuffed, waiting for awesomemod and twallans mods to get updated.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 5:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ohthatsimschick
Not unless it specifically says so. Overrides /should/ be fine. The core mods, no.
I just updated my game, as well. Now I'm stuffed, waiting for awesomemod and twallans mods to get updated.

will i be able to install the teen pregnancy mod? (its twallan)

...of course right after i update my game i actually want to install mods...

i read that its just a small update but still amggg D:
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 6:25 AM
Quote:
2014-JAN-24 "101 Ways To Be Vague"

*horrified face* EA did it again. Another patch. This one even more useless than the last one. I bet you didn't think that was possible, did you? Hmm? Yes, well. The good news is you have nothing to worry about. The only mods that needed an update were ErrorTrap and UntranslatedKey. 1.67 versions can be found on the Update History Testing page.

Taken from http://nraas.wikispaces.com/News+Of+The+Day

So from my understanding of that, the 1.66 version of all mods other than ErrorTrap and UntranslatedKey will work. I'm confident enough in this assumption to go throw them back into my game, but if you want to wait for a second opinion, I totally get that; I only have a very basic understanding of how modding works!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 10:10 AM
Hi I wanted to ask : do patches break "hider" mods ? I have hat hiders for all EPs in my Overrides folder, but the hats are still there :/
Does this kind of mod needs updating ?
Alchemist
#6 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 11:07 AM
It's very unlikely that the patch modifies any CASP resources, which deal with clothing hiders. Do you have AwesomeMod or MasterController? I think either mod unhides all the hidden hats in CAS. Or maybe it was testingcheatsenabled that caused it? I've always had this problem, but I just ignored it.

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 12:11 PM
just one thing please i still have my game on 1.63 and i cant use awesome mod anymore would updating my game to 1.66 or 1.67 affect my current installed worlds clothes mods etc..... i only use nrass and awesome mod other stuff are mostly sliders and you know cool mods for cas do i have to update everything i have now because if so i will stop using awesome mod and stick with 1.63
btw im so afraid that my saves would crash or i would have bugs because my game is smooth these days and i hate having to deal with new bugs
Instructor
#8 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 1:40 AM
I'm pretty sure you can "roll over" Awesomemod in S3PE so as to make it not whinge about updating it, allowing you to continue playing with the current patch level.
Don't ask me *how*, as I haven't used Awesome since 2010 - I just know you can.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 1:46 AM
Mods that work for 1.66 should work for 1.67.
Exception are core mods which might still work.

Changes between 1.66 and 1.67 are almost undetectable

Find my Mods: Here at MTS, over at Simlogical
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 3:50 PM
i just updated the game to 1.67 and i have faced no problems at all my mods were running all the same that i left them i didnt see any changing in game play and pretty much everything works the way it used to cool it didnt bug my game at all i wonder why some people have problems ?.?
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ohthatsimschick

I have a warning for you that you're not gonna like hearing... NRAAS mods are no longer being updated. There was an announcement on the 5th! Click Here I am hoping, and sincerely believe, some of those who were following and tweaking his work for their own use will come forward and keep everything updated accordingly if they haven't done so already.

Also, what you say to answer their question is what I was gonna say!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 4:22 PM
I wonder if I really need any patches higher than 1.57 (which is what I'm up to) since I don't have Into the Future and I don't plan on getting it any time soon (for one thing I have to renew my license plates AND driver's license next month--priorities).

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 7:07 PM
That would be up to you depending upon what you would like to have in your game but please keep in mind most modders and creators will more than likely be creating at the current patch level so if you find something in the future you want to include in your game you might need to patch depending upon what type of mod it is. Nona has an excellent explanation of the types of Mods and their impact within the game here: http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...hp?topic=1551.0 Scroll down to Mods and CC Conflicts.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 9:41 PM
i regret what i just said in that comment yes the game did run fine but today i downloaded two outdated mods a one for 1.57 and the other for 1.63 and gusse what even though i removed them i cant run my game in anyway it stucks on a black screen right after i open the game unless i remove the package folder from my document folder i dont think its from them its from the new patch did somebody have the same problem after patching ? oh man i was really having fun today ugh -.- stupid patch
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 9:52 PM
Did you delete your cache files John1995? Did you check with the creators of the other mods you have to make sure they were updated or the creator advised no updating was necessary?
For myself, I have had not problems with 1.67 and really have not seen any posts with people having issues with the patch itself. They generally discover they had an old mod remaining they forgot they even had.
Did you install the incremental patch or the superpatch?
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 10:00 PM
the super one and i did remove the cache but no luck and well the game worked fine right after i installed the patch nothing was wrong but now idk why is this happening from where did this come from?
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 10:59 PM
What folder are you removing from your documents folder? You referred to a "package folder" do you mean the mods folder itself? Did you remove the Mods folder and try to play? It is unlikely the patch has caused this issue. Sounds like something is conflicting or has become corrupted. You might need to do a Clean Folder as a start to see what is causing this.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 11:09 PM
thanks i think its only the package folder in the mods folder and im trying to find what mod is causing this i wonder why they started today and now they are causing this why they didnt cause this right after the patch why now -.-
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 11:17 PM Last edited by john-1995 : 29th Jan 2014 at 12:05 AM.
found it i used dashboard and it fixed everything i just need to find updates for the stuff it just disabled
and i didnt know i have a sims2 mod in my mods and its a road replacement!!!!!! from where did that come from !!!!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 1:03 AM
Awesome! That Dashboard is wonderful. LOL, the sims2 mod.. who knows but one wrong click will do it. Anyway, glad you're all set.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
It's very unlikely that the patch modifies any CASP resources, which deal with clothing hiders. Do you have AwesomeMod or MasterController? I think either mod unhides all the hidden hats in CAS. Or maybe it was testingcheatsenabled that caused it? I've always had this problem, but I just ignored it.

Yep I have MasterController, I don't know this mod well because I started using it recently (and because all the detailed info is in english and when you're not native technical language can be tricky to master).
Perhaps you know how to re-hide the hats ?
I'm not sure about testingcheatsenabled even though I play with the "auto cheats" mod, I think I already played with both this mod and the hider mods and the hats were hidden (but I'm not 100% sure)...
Anyway thanks for putting me in the right direction
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lacare
I have a warning for you that you're not gonna like hearing... NRAAS mods are no longer being updated. There was an announcement on the 5th! Click Here I am hoping, and sincerely believe, some of those who were following and tweaking his work for their own use will come forward and keep everything updated accordingly if they haven't done so already.

Twallan's amazing work is being updated by some wonderful folks over at the NRAAS site, and the site is being looked after and managed by a team who are keeping his legacy going.

"I read because one life isn't enough, and in the page of a book I can be anybody...I read because the words that build the story become mine, to build my life...I read not for happy endings but for new beginnings; I'm just beginning myself, and I wouldn't mind a map..."
Richard Peck
Site Helper
#23 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 4:17 PM
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/News+Of+The+Day is where you get updated information on Twallan's mods now/

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#24 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 7:15 AM
I have to reinstall everything with a new computer!! I heard twaian and a few others are no longer updating their mods past 1.66 and I love the career mods that are at 1.63.
With reinstalling, am I stuck patching up to 1.67 automatically or is there a way I can patch ONLY up to 1.63 or 1.66?
Alchemist
#25 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 9:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by martiniolive88
I have to reinstall everything with a new computer!! I heard twaian and a few others are no longer updating their mods past 1.66 and I love the career mods that are at 1.63.
With reinstalling, am I stuck patching up to 1.67 automatically or is there a way I can patch ONLY up to 1.63 or 1.66?

If you read the post just above you, you'll figure out Twallan is retired but his mods are being updated by other people.

You can download the superpatcher for 1.63 here or 1.66 here.

Just call me Nikel