Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 7:42 AM
Is there a Mod that does this at a sim wedding?
Hey all! I'm getting really annoyed that all my wedding guests crowd around the couple in such an awkward way and get in the way of otherwise lovely pictures, and I'm looking for a Mod which makes all your guests sit down at a wedding party when you select the "Get Married" option. Does anybody know of a Mod that does this? Happy simming!

Ps, I'm not sure if this is allowed in this thread, forum rules always trip me out! Delete if I'm posting in the wrong place
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 4:57 PM
I have noticed after creating many wedding venues, if the seating is far away from the wedding arch they will stand around it. I start the seating about 3 tiles away from the wedding arch and they will sit down. Just something I noticed.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Alchemist
#3 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 5:14 PM
Yep, they sit in my game, as well. The guests seems to want to be up close and personal with the happy couple.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 4:15 AM
Wait, if you put down chairs there is a possibility that they won't crowd around the bride and groom? Usually I try to get the Sims in the backyard so at least there's room for them all to clump together.

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Scholar
#5 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 4:19 AM
I always make wedding venues with chairs but sims never use them. I keep them relatively close, too. Hmm... Would you guys mind sharing a screenshot?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 7:49 AM
Been a long time since I had a wedding in my game, have to search my pictures in my external HD. Give me a bit of time, I will post them.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#7 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 2:08 PM
dont forget the wedding arch needs to be facing the right way for the close chairs to work...
Test Subject
#8 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 9:00 AM
Umm if all else fails you can use the move objects cheat
Forum Resident
#9 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 9:07 AM
maybe for that occasion i would not use the cheat cause if the sims guests cannot reach the chairs then...they still stand around. or worse make annoying animations. doesnt look too celebratory on the photos then when people make dissapointed faces and fiddle with thir arms LOL

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 12:36 PM
Can the wedding experts share any more tips that might help? Eg, how many chairs wide should a row be, how closely can rows be spaced together...

Another tip: I've also read that the chairs have to be dining chairs, not the benches.

Back to Sims after a 2-year hiatus!

Blogs, to be resurrected once I get a new graphics card load TS3 on my new computer:
STEALIE NICKS Klepto King Challenge (updated 9/16/14)
THE HOUSE OF MOODICI (the Altos' Renaissance in Riverview)

my EA forums page
Forum Resident
#11 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 12:50 PM
dining chairs of course! i never had problems with my guests sitting down when in normal -not cheaty mode that betrays you - and then putting the chairs facing the wedding arch and the first line of chairs being 2-3 tiles away from the arch. for the further ranks/lines/rows there must be enough place they can actually sit so one space left between them and additionally not placing every chair next to the other. so they can reach them from more sides.
also i dont fiddle around with placing of grid, cause my experience showed me that sims then actually not sit down (if the chairs appear wee bit too whatever e.p. close, not facing the arch...) yes its a bit tricky with weddings

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Scholar
#12 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 3:20 PM
i just did this last night...