Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#1301 Old 14th Apr 2016 at 7:00 AM
Within the last 24 hours:

"Please hurry up and just die already."
"Go check him out while he still has a stench cloud!!!"
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1302 Old 15th Apr 2016 at 5:47 AM
"Juliet, you idiot!"

And no, it had nothing to do with Romeo. Consort took the teens and kids to Twikkii. They're camping on the beach. Miranda and Tybalt had beaten Juliet to waking up and grabbing the toilet bushes. She really needed to go! So she walked down to the beach, with build sandcastle in her queue, and there was no way, with that little tiny sliver of not-quite-peed-her-pants-yet left that she ever would've made it back to the bush in time.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
#1303 Old 15th Apr 2016 at 8:45 PM
"No! Don't talk about her! She's dead!!" A deleted sim, a non-sim if you will, appeared in someone's speech bubble.

I am Error.
Theorist
#1304 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 10:18 AM
"Seriously?!" when I saw Elladora and Bruce autonomously dance-kissing.
Both were asked to teach their twins to walk by me!
Scholar
#1305 Old 16th Apr 2016 at 12:07 PM
"Of course you're coming back pregnant!"

A few hours after Beatrice grew into a teenager she was abducted by aliens.
Scholar
#1306 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 10:55 AM
"Whose biological kid are you again?"

(My mind is convinced that Leia Lyndhurst is Meadow Marshalls' bio daughter. No, Leia is Daniella Vanderpol's bio daughter. Elena Lawrence is Meadow's bio daughter. Thankfully I keep notes and alter the relationships once a kid is adopted so even if I forget, the game doesn't.)
Mad Poster
#1307 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 6:59 PM
"No Andrew! I'm not going to gamble with Death for your soul! And the reason is that I love you too much. As does your mum! As does Julian! And what about all your friends? We all want you alive. That's why I do all I can to protect you from death; never mind trying to save you when it's already too late. I don't ever want to see the Grim Reaper anywhere near you. If you want to learn about near-death experiences, get a book out of the bookcase and read about them.

"You're not stupid Andrew. You've got the potential to do a lot for Veronaville. So please don't risk getting yourself killed with silly ideas about being saved from Death. We love you far too much for that. Now go and think up some sensible Wants that I can actually give you."

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#1308 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 11:01 PM
@AndrewGloria
Forum Resident
#1309 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 3:46 AM
"So you don't wanna fall out of love with Phil. Hmm..." --Checks relationship status. Phil is missing.--
"Omg. I lost my sim... Is this possible? Where the hell did I put Phil? I had to kick him out. The jerk wouldn't commit."
--Searches apartments for Phil--
--Can't find anything--
--Goes to straighten up graves in Cemetery--
"OH! Phil I was looking for you everywhere!"

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Forum Resident
#1310 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 7:51 AM
"Aww, Gulsen, you really are a lesbian!!!"

"...Gulsen stop rolling wants to ask your heavily-pregnant step-mom out on a date. That's weird. Gulsen stop."

"Gulsen no. You are not going to suck your step-mom's face. Gulsen stopppppp!"

"Oh thank goodness for pretty lesbian dormies. Gulsen go suck her face, maybe that'll get you off your step-mom."

"Leif, Nyx, why are you two making out in the corner? That's adorable."

"Toby! Stop picking on your daughter's girlfriend! You have all of the nice points! Be nice!"

"NADAV. Stop trying to make out with your half-sister's mother!!! That's just as weird as Gulsen! Bad!"

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth."

- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

My Simblr | Hadi Family Tree
Scholar
#1311 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 11:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ather
"Aww, Gulsen, you really are a lesbian!!!"

...<snip>...

"NADAV. Stop trying to make out with your half-sister's mother!!! That's just as weird as Gulsen! Bad!"

I was like and at all of those...
Lab Assistant
#1312 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 11:47 AM
"God damn it, Catherine! Stop acting like a diva!"
"Where the hell did Catherine go?!"
"Why is Catherine stuck in the shower?!"
"Catherine, be nice to your sister!"
"What the hell are you doing, Catherine?!"
"Oh great, Catherine's invisible. What have I done wrong this time?!"
"Don't you die on me, Catherine!"

"Keira! You have to go to work!"
"I know you're a vampire, but you have to go outside, Keira!"
"Keira, you're so damn lazy!"
"Now Keira's invisible too! Crap!"
"No, don't go away, Keira!"
"Keira is so rude!"
"Where is Keira?!"

Oh yeah...I always have a lot of fun with these two... :D
Mad Poster
#1313 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 7:43 PM
You idiot - I think I may turn you into a townie soon...
Forum Resident
#1314 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 10:16 PM
"Get a life!" To three sims surrounding a fourth one playing on the computer, complaining that they couldn't turn it off.

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#1315 Old 1st May 2016 at 4:46 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 1st May 2016 at 5:45 PM. Reason: Punctuation Typo
Quote: Originally posted by Kligma
"Get a life!"
That's what my Sim Andrew says to me, vis-à-vis me spending quite so much time playing a certain computer game. (As well as being in my game, Andrew also serves as my "imaginary friend", and I regularly talk things over with him. Except he's not really imaginary, because I know where he lives, and I only have to open up Veronaville to see him.)

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I read that far too quickly the first time, I really thought you were going to let him do it for a minute! *Phew*
Yes, the start of my post is definitely open to misinterpretation. I was merely complaining about Andrew's want "To be saved from Death". For all his reading and 10 logic points and effortless A+ school grades, he does come up with the most ridiculous and hard to satisfy wants. (The only sure way to make him happy is to send him on a date with Julian. Julian does know what to do to satisfy him! )

If Andrew was really in immediate danger of dying, I think I'd do anything in my power to try to save him -- up to and including jumping into a burning hot tub to pull him out. He is after all my best friend.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#1316 Old 1st May 2016 at 5:22 PM
"Ah! Abiah quick go greet that Sim! You and his daughter would be perfect together!!"
Playing the Goldie's farm and their grandson should be becoming a teen soonish, and then William Williamson walks past. He has three daughters, including twins the same age as Abiah. The Williamson/Moonbeams live off the land and one would be a perfect wife to Abiah. I'm thinking he marries Harmony, because I already have someone lined up for Peewee, and their older sister Moonbeam. Although I might change my mind.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#1317 Old 1st May 2016 at 6:01 PM
Andrew - typical Knowledge Sim again, that's all
Forum Resident
#1318 Old 2nd May 2016 at 5:02 AM Last edited by natboopsie : 6th May 2016 at 12:43 PM.
What? You DO? You want to marry her? Oh my GOODNESS, of course you can!
Yes, right, finish making out. Whatever, but you are proposing to her right after. The poor woman has waited for you long enough. And goodness knows, she's not getting any younger. (Sorry, Alexandra. But I think you know it too.)
OMG, you want to MARRY her! I thought I'd never see the day. You guys! I'm so happy for you. Awww.

(Tybalt Capp, newly graduated from college, finally rolled up a want to marry much older Alexandra Teatherton, who had been his love since his freshman year.)

Mad Poster
#1319 Old 2nd May 2016 at 8:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Yes, the start of my post is definitely open to misinterpretation. I was merely complaining about Andrew's want "To be saved from Death". For all his reading and 10 logic points and effortless A+ school grades, he does come up with the most ridiculous and hard to satisfy wants. (The only sure way to make him happy is to send him on a date with Julian. Julian does know what to do to satisfy him! )

If Andrew was really in immediate danger of dying, I think I'd do anything in my power to try to save him -- up to and including jumping into a burning hot tub to pull him out. He is after all my best friend.

You might be interested in this.

wfsanity.package

Tons of sanity and personality checks added to wants, including:
1. No longer will want to play/etc. with people who aren't here. (Talk OK)
2. Knowledge sims no longer obsessed with attempted suicide unless low ASP.
3. Supernatural creatures no longer want to cure others of type.
4. Flirting with ugly and inappropriate people discouraged.
5. Cannot fear being caught cheating unless actually cheating.
6. Extremely implausible events with no history not feared.
Ex: Death of non-elder in neighborhood with no history of unnatural death.
Becoming enemies with best friends with no history of best friend loss.
7. No obsession with unaccessible pets.
8. Skating no longer valid want unless rink actually present.
9. Only kids and silly non-neat people want to balloon/snowball fight.
10. Very mean sims no longer actually WANT to give gifts.
11. Snow activities require presence of actual snow!

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=8273.0
Forum Resident
#1320 Old 2nd May 2016 at 1:03 PM Last edited by natboopsie : 3rd May 2016 at 10:44 AM.
I agree with Charity---that is a useful mod and does most of what it says; the fix for that knowledge-sim Cheat Death want definitely does seem to work right out of the box.

In case anyone's using it for other wants too (you know, the kind that cause players to say other funny things), Cyjon has a Want Changes suite that complements wfsanity. Cyjon's must load after wfsanity. I've tried most of Cyjon's packages in that suite and they work as advertised; I also appreciate that he broke them up into components, so you can just use the ones you need.

I do not find Pescado's mod works sufficiently for pet-interaction wants, so I have also added TJ's No Pet Obsession, which works well when it loads after wfsanity too. And today I'm going to test an apparently obscure mod by Monique from Insimenator that aims to stop most sims from getting wants for werewolves they know to be cured, because I also do not find that Pescado's mod works consistently on those---with it in, even some of my werewolves want other werewolves to be cured.
(Edited to add: werewolf-cure want-spam mod by Monique works great! Load it after wfsanity---find a link to the download here .)

Back on topic: "Is anyone going to graduate from this dorm?"

(I edited each of the dorms at Quadington University to create three hobby-based ones. Tinkering, Film/Lit, and Music; Sports, Fitness, and Games [Science usually gets lumped in there too because it's the biggest]; and Arts, Nature, and Cuisine. I suppose because of the personality types that are drawn to each set of hobbies, each dorm has a certain feel to it. So far, ANC dwellers are notably uninterested in academics; not one sim living there has made it past sophomore year before being expelled. Romeo Monty, Ripp Grunt, and Emily Lee all just met that fate, nor were they ANC's first group to do so.)
Mad Poster
#1321 Old 2nd May 2016 at 1:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by natboopsie
. Even on community lots, neither particularly flirted with anyone else, not seriously. In fact, Alexandra soon decided to replace her engagement want with a stubborn marriage want for Tybalt instead, which I eventually locked. Tybalt often rolled wants to talk to her, and anytime they were on the same lot [they did have a number of friends in common] they were inseparable.

They're inseperable in my game too. It's quite sad because I really loved Tybalt with Lilith Pleasant. They have a lovely son together, and Ajay Loner with Alex, have 2 beautiful daughters together. They both seemed quite happy until they met each other at a party; and now they don't stop flirting and cheating on their significant others. It breaks my heart that I'll either have to keep them apart or destroy their families.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Forum Resident
#1322 Old 2nd May 2016 at 2:13 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, bigsimsfan12.

For what it's worth, before my Alexandra met Tybalt, she'd also dated Ajay. And on her last date with Tybalt before he graduated, she rolled up a want to marry Ajay, which I interpreted as her starting to feel desperate and lonely, since Ajay currently is engaged to Cleo Shikibu, with a child they're raising together. This date with Tybalt after he graduated was, I told myself and her, the last time she was going to see him if he still didn't want to commit, because she clearly did want to settle down.

So it's interesting to hear your take. I mean, I was thinking for some time that she and Tybalt each would match with someone more age-appropriate. And I guess now I know it's better that she just waited for him, if it would have ended up with hurting two other people, as you've experienced. Best of luck to your sims.
Forum Resident
#1323 Old 7th May 2016 at 5:08 AM
"What are you two doing to my poor couch?!?!"

"God created dinosaurs. God destroyed dinosaurs. God created Man. Man destroyed God. Man created dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs eat man...Woman inherits the earth."

- Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

My Simblr | Hadi Family Tree
Mad Poster
#1324 Old 7th May 2016 at 5:26 AM
"What is it with the fires!?!"

I just finished Trent Hart's sixth semester at University and there has been an average of one fire per semester on his lot every semester. (To be fair, last semester had four in one day...) plus multiple fires on other lots. It's about half and half lightning strikes and kitchen fires. And he's got pretty good cooking skill, too.

So after today's fire, which was started by his brother Geoff just for variety, I had him pounce on the firefighter and tip her $100. Whatever she's paid, it's not enough!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#1325 Old 7th May 2016 at 6:55 AM
If it's the same firefighter every time, have you considered that she might be the reason for all the fires? He might be into her
Page 53 of 169