Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 12:46 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Error Code 12. Is there any way to fix this?
I have recently had this problem, and I have seen a few other people have to.. I think it was recently with the new patch update. Whenever I try to save, I get 'Error Code 12' which makes it unable to save. I've tried doing 'Save As..', and that's no different.

How can I fix this without losing any of my saves?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 3:38 PM
Forum Resident
#3 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 11:22 AM
Sometimes using Reset Everything in Master Controller, pause the game, go to Map View, Save As... help you save for that time. But once it went wrong, it's going to be more and more painful if you insist to keep that save. I had to porter half of my town to a new world, maybe the save got bloated after a while, or CC, mods... went corrupted after a patch... Take a look at these suggestions:
http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/s...abel/Error%2012
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 6:37 AM
Install 64bit system. the ultimate solution I can assure you that.
Other walkarounds are just temporary, you will ending getting error 12 eventually under 32bit system as you play along.

I was desperate once.....but after installing 64bit win7....never occoured to me ever...
Inventor
#5 Old 13th Aug 2011 at 1:52 PM
The only thing that worked for me is pause the game before saving each time. Weird but it's working for me
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 13th Aug 2011 at 8:18 PM
I had to download a mod to disable memories to make it go away. My saves were getting too large and error 12 was popping up every other save only a few weeks in any save game due to the memories.