Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 6:48 PM Last edited by werismyki : 21st Apr 2011 at 2:30 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 3491026, 3493862

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Hey. I'm an experienced Simmer and I know that to get your Sims to propose marriage they have to be in the 'extremely irresistable' phase of a romantic interaction to get the option to propose marriage. The thing is, I've done that plenty of times and it just won't show up. My sim proposed going steady a while back and that worked but now he (or she) can't get the option to propose marriage to the other. I've been playing this couple the whole time; I know no one's in a weird relationship with someone else. I was okay with them just being bf and gf and having a family but after they had their first kid (yeah they can woohoo but not propose. dumb? yes.) they both wanted to get married. I want to fulfill their wishes but it WON'T show up. The other couple living with them had no problem though and they got married and everything. Any ideas how to fix it?

If it helps in anyway he is a vampire and he recently died from thirst but his best friend won a chess match with the Grim Reaper and brought him back to life. I wouldn't think that would mean anything but whenever I want them to throw a party there's still the option for a funeral. Awkward. lol

But yeah...any ideas? I want them to be married.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 4:44 AM
Well, it sounds like the problem is the lack of certainty about whether your sim is alive or not! But I don't know how to fix it. I'm wondering if Twallan's MasterController mod would help - perhaps you could remove the vampirism from your sim and see if that lets them get engaged? Then add it back again, once they're engaged. I know that MasterController can be used to edit family relationships, but I can only see options there for editing Parent/Child and Sibling relationships.

It could also be that your sim is corrupted somehow. Twallan has various mods that can clear up corruption, including Overwatch and ErrorTrap. Twallan's mods, and forum, are at NRaas Industries.

The third possibility is that if your sims travelled in World Adventures, they got corrupted by the bug that randomly messes up the family tree. I believe that only Awesomemod can clean this up.

(Ancient) Sims 2 stories | Adventurous, Bookworm, Eco-Friendly, Genius, Over-Emotional
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 2:07 AM
You could always use the "TestingCheatsEnabled True" cheat, shift click one of the sims, change one of the traits to hopeless romantic or family orientated.. Select the sim you changed traits on, from that sim click their mate, then do special> Hopless romantic or family orientated > Propose marriage (After that you can do private marriage or make a party, but just incase I wouldn't reccomend changing the old trait back til after.)
If that doesn't work then Baratron's idea would probably be another good thing to try.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 10:01 PM Last edited by werismyki : 30th Apr 2011 at 5:00 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 3500678, 3510353
okay thanks. i'll give those a try. yeah...it probably has something to do with the computer being confused on his life status. i dont have world adventures so....

ya no it didnt work...
Test Subject
#5 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 6:50 AM
I found that if i remove the teen pregnancy or whatever mod I had, which i can't remember the name, i was able to propose and get married!