Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 3:25 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons
Default Sim Can't Go to Classes
The first time I loaded up Uni my sim was able to go to her classes and view her schedule normally, it was working perfectly fine. I closed it and later opened up the game again, and now my sim cannot attend classes. In the tab it will tell her that she's "skipping class" but when I click the button to send her off a little notification appears and tells me that it's not her class time, even though it's a few minutes after her class is supposed to start. I've Googled this and nothing has come up /: I cleared my caches and decrapified my saves but she's still having the same problem.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 5:58 AM
Are you playing with or without custom content? If you have any, remove it, then test your game - DON'T SAVE. Or start a new game, pick a random sim from town and send them to University, see if that sim can attend classes or not. Try to determine if this is cc related, sim related, or global issue.
Test Subject
#3 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 12:23 PM
Hi there,

I have been having the same problem too. Only, my sim has not been able to attend classes from the very first time I loaded the save. My sim was also not able to attend the meet and greet the very first day. The message popped up for him to attend and for a split second the action appeared in his queue but then every sim on the lot reset and I was given a bunch of popups from error trap. These two events seem to be related - it couldn't possibly be a coincidence.

I have tried removing my mods (I double checked that they were all updated to the appropriate patch). As most of my mods are Nraas, they were updated rather quickly (for reference I use Master Controller, SP and its add ons, Error Trap, Overwatch, Porter, Woohooer, Portrait Panel and Decensor). I also ran my save vanilla and that had no effect. I tried sending my sim back home and then back to uni but once again, no effect.

The very last thing I tried was sending a sim from a fresh save to university. And it worked! I'm happy I got this much figured out but it's kind of lame that I won't be able to send my legacy family to university unless this problem is sorted.

My computer is more than capable of running The Sims and all of the expansions, so I doubt it's a problem with performance. I have all EPs and SPs to date.

At this stage, I can only imagine that this bug has to do with EA.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 10:55 PM
Well I managed to sort of get around it, she just skips that class and I'll have her study instead. Also, I get tons of Error Trap notifications too, literally hundreds in about 1 hour of game play. I removed all of my mods (not CC) other than the base Master Controller, Error Trap & Overwatch.
Test Subject
#5 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 5:57 AM
It's good to know you can still get your sim through university without sending them to class but unfortunately it kills the fun for me when large aspects of the game aren't working for me. I'll report back here if I find a solution in the meantime.
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 5:21 PM
first time happening to me... im not really happy.
Test Subject
#7 Old 18th Sep 2023 at 7:43 PM Last edited by Dwanii : 18th Sep 2023 at 7:46 PM. Reason: forgot someting
I know im late to the party but im having the same problem as the one that started this one.
Never happend before but since the last 2 times after the first class they don't go anymore and the "It's not your time" pops up.
Anyone found a solution? (Besides the ovi) Much appreciated *Ps it happends to all the Uni-townies