Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 12:54 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Problem Using and Deleting a Door Recolor
I have a problem with a specific recolor package.

It recolors the value door. However, it seems to overwrite the value door almost like a default. The thumbnail always shows up with this door, and it is always the recolor that shows up when I place the door. When I remove other value door recolors outside the game, this is the door that the game reverts to instead of the Maxis door. I've had it in my game for years, and it's always been a source of irritation.

Since I'm going through my cc, I decided to finally tackle it. I found and removed the package. The value door showed up normally. Then I moved my mods and hacks folder back into the downloads folder.

The game crashed. I tried it several times, loading the game with only the door recolor, with the door recolor and other build items, etc. It always crashed. I did not use the 50/50 method on the mod/hacks files since Insim specifically crashes, and that's a dealbreaker. I'll put the recolor back in rather than lose Insim.

What could be the problem? I've never had a recolor crash other things with its absence, nor have I ever had one that changed the behavior of the Maxis objects the way this recolor does. The package is called mcbayoudoor.package.

Thank you for your help.
Advertisement
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 1:11 PM
Please upload a copy of this file to this thread. Thank you.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 1:34 PM
Thank you. Here is the door recolor package. This is the first time I've uploaded something, so I hope I'm doing it right.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Door Recolor.zip (61.8 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 1:41 PM
File is attached correctly so yay. Yes, it looks like that is an override. What you can try - is going to all the lots that have the value door and swapping it. Then remove this package and the real door should be back.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 2:22 PM Last edited by eliset : 30th Nov 2013 at 12:53 PM.
Thank you! I have many lots with that door, but I'll do them one at a time. I'll replace the Insim with something else that works.

Again, thanks!