Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 9:34 PM Last edited by SolidGoldFunk84 : 19th Dec 2009 at 1:21 PM.
Default Make Me A Model: ROUND 1 CLOSED & ROUND 2 POSTED
Beauty Contest
Make Me a Model Contest

Introduction:
I'm former supermodel Anziel and I'm your host for Make Me A Model. We scoured the streets of New York, looking for the perfect face to be given the perfect opportunity to be a model. After weeks of searching, we finally found that perfect face. Meet 20 year old, Christina Bergwitz!

Christina is an aspiring fashion designer attending the infamous Fashion Institute of Technology. She has decided to allow 10 lucky finalists to use her as a canvas. There will be an application round from which the 10 finalists will be chosen. Each round after that will reveal something about our beautiful, fun-loving Christina. Before we get to all of the fun here are a few rules and guidelines...

Rules:
1. You may not change Christina's facial structure, skin or eyes but, you may use contacts.
2. You may not use special body type meshes, such as Rio Girl, Athletic Girl, 34C Mesh, etc. Christina still wants to be herself when this is all over.
3. You can change Christina's hair however you'd like.
4. Any gender can enter but only young adult to Elder.
5. Photoshopping IS allowed! You must however, start with an in-game pose and hair. This means that you cannot draw a completely different hair style and you cannot piece the model together. If you have any questions regarding this, please feel free to ask.
6. Keep the high-fashion aspect in mind when doing your photoshoots and be creative!
7. Maximum Image size is 800x800.

Judges:
1. SolidGoldFunk(Me) (Anziel)

2. Keyesha(Catarina)

3. Missroxor(Ren Jua)

Emergency Judges
1. Ringzterritory
2. DollyRot
3. Luvyuyu

Prizes:
If you would like to donate prizes please PM me with the prize you would like to offer.

ALL PARTICIPANTS (INCLUDING JUDGES):
MAKE ME A MODEL T-SHIRTS FOR MEN AND WOMEN

MORE PICTURES COMING SOON!

TOP 10 FINALISTS: TO BE DETERMINED

TOP 3 FINALISTS: MAKE-UP KIT AND CONTACTS

MORE PICTURES COMING SOON!

WINNER: TO BE DETERMINED

JUDGES: The Judging Panel (Sims)

NOTE: ALL PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED AT THE END OF THE CONTEST!

Contest Time Line:

CLICK EACH ROUND TO VIEW IT
APPLICATIONS: 02DECEMBER09 - 13DECEMBER09(10 Will Compete)
JUDGING: 09DECEMBER09 - 11DECEMBER09 (Scores Will Be Posted on 12DECEMBER09)
SCORES: POSTED HERE

ROUND 1: 10DECEMBER09 - 16DECEMBER09 (No Eliminations)
JUDGING: 16DECEMBER09 - 17DECEMBER09 (Scores Will Be Posted on 18DECEMBER09)
SCORES: LINK TO BE DETERMINED

ROUND 2: 16DECEMBER09 - 22DECEMBER09 (1 Elimination)
JUDGING: 22DECEMBER09 - 24DECEMBER09 (Scores Will Be Posted on 25DECEMBER2009)

ROUND 3: 22DECEMBER09 - 28DECEMBER09 (4 Eliminations)
JUDGING: 28DECEMBER09 - 30DECEMBER09 (Scores Will Be Posted on 31DECEMBER09)

ROUND 4: 28DECEMBER09 - 02JANUARY10 (Top 3 Compete)
JUDGING: 02JANUARY09 - 04JANUARY10 (Scores Will Be Posted on 05JANUARY10)

NOTE:
BECAUSE THE TIMELINE IS SO SHORT, EXTENSIONS WILL BE GRANTED ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS.

Application:
Explanation: There is no limit to the amount of people who enter. However, as the contest intro states, there will only be 10 contestants competing in the actual rounds. The contestants will be chosen among the applicants. The chosen contestants will be sent a PM with the download link to Christina.

PART I: This part is all about you! We want to see the person who will be making Christina a model. We need to know your name, age, occupation, your main interests and something you think is unique about you. We would also like to see a head shot of you and YOUR best model pose. There should be 2 pictures for this part.

PART II: You should have 3 pictures for this part
Show us your best work! We would like to see 3 projects that you've completed. (These may be images from previous modeling contests. If you've never participated in a modeling contest then you may submit new work.)

PART III: Give us a short paragraph on why you think you deserve to be a finalist.

CONTESTANTS:
1. Freelala - Eden Sawyer - Application | Round 1
2. aba23 - Loredana Fletcher - Application | Round 1
3. noteardrops - Marisol Johnson - Application | Round 1
4. Meeka - Francine Claymore - Application | Round 1

DROP OUTS
1. christmas fear - Lily Sanderas - Application
2. Raindrops757 - Valetta Howard - Application
3. military.fashionshow - Audrey Green - Application
4. Deatherella - Deborah Johnson - Application

Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 9:34 PM
Contest Approved
Begins 12.2.09
Ends 1.2.10
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 11:08 PM
I'm checking in! :D

I need judges so if you would like to judge please let me know either here or via PM.
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 11:11 PM
Can I be a judge?
The other one
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 11:32 PM
Finally! I've been waiting for the new contests to start rolling in

Can I be a judge please? I can't see me having any major conflicts but I will check my work schedule and let you know if there's gonna be any days I can't do it.

The only possible problem I can see right now is that I'm visiting family from around 04 Jan 10 so if the contest runs over I probably won't be able to do the last round.

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 11:38 PM
Ok thanks Keyesha and Missroxor, I will add you two immediately!

The last round judging will start on the second so, will that be a problem for you missroxor?
The other one
#7 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 11:54 PM
I think, if everything goes according to plan I will be able to do it but with the holidays coming up I imagine there will be delays. I can still still get online when I'm at my families but I wouldn't have the time or inclination to use the precious little time I get with them on sims stuff, no offense So if the contest runs over I won't be able to participate after 04 Jan.

If this is an issue I totally understand and would be willing to drop to EJ so you could get someone that can cover the extra time at the end. Just let me know.

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 12:16 AM
Oh, everything should go according to plan. If it looks like it isn't going to I will shoot you a PM to let you know. Thanks so much!

I hope to see some applications up in here soon. :D
#9 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 12:17 AM
If it's okay (and allowed) I can be a judge if you like ^^ I have been in two contest here, and only finished one. I think that means I can judge right?? =S
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 12:17 AM
Ok let m see if I understood that right - our application should be one Sim we would like to enter who shows what he or she can bring to the plate nd how good he or she is as a model? Then virtually this Sim we entered has to transform Christina, who is very pretty by the way, into a model? Is that right?

The application is in total 5 pics? Just makng sure I understood well...:-)

Currently contestant in picturePERFECT; cycle three
Contest results so far:
3rd in Para Anoma and 3rd in Rising Star
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 12:21 AM
Glad you like Christina. You have worded it perfectly aba23, I get confused with words sometimes so I was unsure if people would understand lol. But yes that is EXACTLY correct!

Ringz, would you like to be an EJ? It looks like missroxor will be able to be a judge afterall.
#12 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 1:02 AM
Sure! ^^
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 1:43 AM
Ok, I'm adding you now.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 3:27 AM
Just a question about the Part II pictures: It should show our Sim modelling in whatever settings we decide - is that correct?

Contest results so far:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 3:32 AM
Yup, the application is pretty much whatever you want it to be. For Part II of the application round, there is no limit to the amount of photo-shopping because this is from previous contests and I would just like to see your picture taking/editing abilities. The only thing specific is the head shot. This should be from AT LEAST the shoulders up.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 5:24 AM
But I can also take a Sim I have not had in a contest so far? I would otherwise only have two to chose from

Contest results so far:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 5:54 AM
Yes aba23. If you have never participated in a modeling contest then it is ok to create new pictures and new sims. If you have been in a modeling contest so far then you can give us any 3 pictures for any modeling contest. It does not have to be a different model in each picture. Just 3 different pictures...
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 12:03 PM
Awww SolidGold, this looks like a wonderful contest! However, I'm still trying to recuperate from the one I just finished! Give it some time, they will come. You have plenty of people asking to judge, now you need people to enter! Your sim is very beautiful also.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 12:30 PM
That's sweet Michele D! Thank you. I hope you're right, this will be the second time I'm trying to host this thing.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 6:44 PM
*peeks in*

Can an applicant from the first time you tried to host maybe join the party this time around, perhaps?

*skitters*

"Passion makes no accommodation for self-preservation."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 6:48 PM
Of course Free! :D

I was actually about to see if you still wanted to join. If not, I was going to ask your permission to post your application as an example. I'm so glad you're back though. :D
Scholar
#22 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 7:13 PM
Solid, for the 3 part II pics, do you want any kind of pic from a former contest or all 3 straight pose of some sort, or can we toss in photoshopped ones that were for ads and such?

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 7:31 PM
Just think of the part II pictures as your portfolio because that's really what it's supposed to represent. You can have anything you want in your portfolio but, the only stipulation here is that you are showcasing a model. However you have done that is not going to be an issue. You can have as much photoshop as you'd like for these pictures. The judging process for the application isn't going to be very extensive. It will pretty much be the judges deciding which entries they like best out of them all. You will be given an overall score (and comments) to represent how much or how little the judges liked your entry. I hope that makes sense.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 7:40 PM
Default Application
Hooray!! Here's my contestant.

--------------------

Part One

My name is Eden Sawyer, and I am 30 years old. I'm a former model, now a scout and freelance fashion columnist - when I feel like working, that is. My husband is an engineer and we don't really need the extra income, so anything I make goes to our university's scholarship fund. An interesting fact about me is I used to be a Texas rodeo queen! It's actually how I got my start in modeling.

This is one of the finest, and certain one of my favorite, shots from my personal portfolio.

Part Two

Here are some pictures from models I've recruited for my employer, Freelancer.

Model: Circe Lassater

Model: Fei Yen Lao

Model: Scottie Hernandez

Part Three

Why do I deserve to be selected? As you can see from my portfolio, I have a knack for interpretation and execution of a variety of scenes. My models can work a runway, pose, and approach any task with confidence and pose. I assure you that Christina will be in good hands. My employer has taken me places, and she won't let you down, either!

"Passion makes no accommodation for self-preservation."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 7:42 PM
I'm so glad you posted Free! I will add you immediately! *does happy dance*

Page 1 of 5