Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#4751 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 1:36 PM Last edited by miarell : 30th Aug 2014 at 3:23 PM.
Is there anyway you can have an influence on what kinda of names your townies "give" their children? Since of Nraas SP my townies have finally started having kids, but the names they give them are just too ridiculous.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#4752 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miarell
Is there anyway you can an influence on what kinda of names your townies "give" their children? Since of Nraas SP my townies have finally started having kids, but the names they give them are just too ridiculous.

You mean something like these: http://modthesims.info/d/499946 & http://modthesims.info/d/482047
Scholar
#4753 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 4:33 PM
I was thinking about trying my hand at a Sims story. Anyone know any good tutorials? Not for writing, but for taking pictures and controlling/posing the sims and lighting and the sets, etc.

All of the ones in the links here are broken or have been deleted.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Lab Assistant
#4755 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 6:56 AM
NRaas Story Progression has an option like that, that lets you rename each kid that's born in town, but it might only come with one of the extra module things
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4757 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StupidFlanders
I feel like I'm really nagging everyone about my computer being a dick and forcing me to reinstall everything, but yeah, I reinstalled my sims-games leaving the save files intact. The issue is that I currently don't have some of the games which kind of makes my favorite save glitch out a little. One of my sims and his entire family just disappeared only to be found in the relationship-panel of a random townie, the odd thing being that I don't have world adventures or university installed right now, so my question is: Where the fuck is he? I can't find him or his family with Master Controller, my sim can not invite him over or interact in any way with him except from the "long distance calls".

I had this entire back-story thought up and I even made him a creepy little sister and hes gone.

edit: Hey, this is kind of like when Bella disappeared... remember those good old days?

another edit: Is there any mod or something that can help me locate and bring back him and his family? This is pretty important to me, this guy killed the Grim Reaper five times so I know hes a keeper.

If he is still in relationship panels he should be searchable with MasterController. I'd check his Status first but with a very wide filter, like 'Gender:Male' only. It will probably list him as Out Of Towner and MasterController can also be used to invite him over. The worst case scenario would be if he actually got deleted but remains in the game as a Mini Sim. You can also search for Mini Sims with MasterController. If he is listed among these you cannot get him back, because except for his name, thumbnail and some character data like traits etc. the game has removed everything else and even MasterController cannot bring him back anymore.
Inventor
#4758 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
If he is still in relationship panels he should be searchable with MasterController. I'd check his Status first but with a very wide filter, like 'Gender:Male' only. It will probably list him as Out Of Towner and MasterController can also be used to invite him over. The worst case scenario would be if he actually got deleted but remains in the game as a Mini Sim. You can also search for Mini Sims with MasterController. If he is listed among these you cannot get him back, because except for his name, thumbnail and some character data like traits etc. the game has removed everything else and even MasterController cannot bring him back anymore.

Hes gone forever then, I've searched that status-thing in MC and neither he or his family can be found, I also discovered that a lot of sims from that save are missing in the same way.

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
#4759 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 4:14 PM
Hes gone forever then, I've searched that status-thing in MC and neither he or his family can be found, I also discovered that a lot of sims from that save are missing in the same way.
He is still in the relationship panel, so he must be found somewhere.

Try the following routes from either City Hall or a computer:
NRaas/MasterController/Sim/Status/Personal/Gender:Male
or
.../Personal/Type of Sim/and then choose all possible filters there (LocalMiniSims, Alive, Dead, Human, Non Selectable etc.)
or
.../Personal/and any filter that you cancel then though. This will bring up ALL Sims that are registered in your save.
Top Secret Researcher
#4760 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 4:37 PM
Aren't butt babies supposed to be green? I'm playing one for the first time but it's rather dark-skinned (not green) while the father is fairly pale. The "mother" is green.

The eyes are alien black. I don't really mind, but I was wondering.

Is this a glitch or a feature?
Inventor
#4761 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 5:57 PM Last edited by StupidFlanders : 1st Sep 2014 at 5:58 PM. Reason: Hurr Durr I like editing my posts just so that I can edit this text.
He is still in the relationship panel, so he must be found somewhere.

Try the following routes from either City Hall or a computer:
NRaas/MasterController/Sim/Status/Personal/Gender:Male
or
.../Personal/Type of Sim/and then choose all possible filters there (LocalMiniSims, Alive, Dead, Human, Non Selectable etc.)
or
.../Personal/and any filter that you cancel then though. This will bring up ALL Sims that are registered in your save.

Ok, I found him and two of his children but for some reason his wife is gone... It's ok though, hes a handsome fella so he'll find someone new.

Eh... how do I bring him back now again?
Screenshots

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
#4762 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 9:57 PM
Ok, I found him and two of his children but for some reason his wife is gone... It's ok though, hes a handsome fella so he'll find someone new.

Eh... how do I bring him back now again?
What does his Status say?
Instructor
#4763 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 4:33 AM
Is there any specific reason as to why my mastercontroller CAS settings won't take? I changed the slider multiplier up to 5 and went into CAS, but nothing had changed. I went back into Live Mode, saved, went to the main menu, and tried CAS again, but still nothing. I quit the game entirely and went back in. Still nothing. Is it because I've already altered the slider multiplier with AwesomeMod?
#4764 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 8:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheRedRaven
Is there any specific reason as to why my mastercontroller CAS settings won't take? I changed the slider multiplier up to 5 and went into CAS, but nothing had changed. I went back into Live Mode, saved, went to the main menu, and tried CAS again, but still nothing. I quit the game entirely and went back in. Still nothing. Is it because I've already altered the slider multiplier with AwesomeMod?
Most probably, yes. Go into MC's settings and then set "Override Custom Core Sliders" to 'true' and see whether this changes anything.
Alchemist
#4765 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 8:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheRedRaven

Do you have MasterController Integration? I think you need that for CAS thingy.

Just call me Nikel
#4766 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 10:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
Do you have MasterController Integration? I think you need that for CAS thingy.
Ah yes, nikel23 is right, I totally forgot about that. Without Integration MC's CAS settings only work in MC's own CAS functions, like "Stylist" or "Edit in CAS". If you want them to be in regular CAS, too, you'll need the additional Integration module. (But still set it to override custom core sliders if you're using AwesomeMod together with MC.)
Instructor
#4767 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 12:13 AM
Most probably, yes. Go into MC's settings and then set "Override Custom Core Sliders" to 'true' and see whether this changes anything.

Ah, that fixed it. Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#4768 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 10:19 AM
Ok I have an invisible baby that I can't click on and I can't figure out a way to fix it. It was probably bad CC, since at first he was one of those stretched monster babies before he turned completely invisible, but I tried using the launcher to delete all CC and all sims/households I had downloaded (I don't have anything in the Mods/Packages folder except NRaas mods), and deleting the cache files and those "0x" files in DCBackup, and tried resetting the baby and the lot, but the baby is still invisible. Is there anything else I have to do to completely get rid of CC, or is this baby just stuck like this even if I did get rid of all the CC? I guess it could get better when he ages up, but how do I even age him up if I can't click on him? Or do I just have to use cheats to keep the invisible baby alive until he's old enough to age up
Inventor
#4769 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 10:25 AM
What does his Status say?

Yeah, feeling pretty awkward since I probably should have checked that. I'm reinstalling my game again (in French, because fancy names) and I'll get back to you with that.

Quote:

- poof gone -
Scholar
#4770 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 2:21 AM
So my ghost haunting the lot was glitching out and wouldn't return back to the grave. I used the reset cheat on them and noticed they didn't appear at midnight. Did I accidentally screw it up with using the cheat on them and make them disappear?

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
#4771 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
So my ghost haunting the lot was glitching out and wouldn't return back to the grave. I used the reset cheat on them and noticed they didn't appear at midnight. Did I accidentally screw it up with using the cheat on them and make them disappear?
How would you react if someone kicked you for doing what you're supposed to do?
No, usually resetting a ghost shouldn't have any permanent consequences and they should return after a few days.
Instructor
#4772 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 10:37 AM
Can you add floors to a premade penthouse appartment? Like, if the entrance to the appartment is on the top floor, is it possible to build stairs going dowstairs and have two storey appartment. Not on the ground level.
Scholar
#4773 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 12:55 PM
How would you react if someone kicked you for doing what you're supposed to do?
No, usually resetting a ghost shouldn't have any permanent consequences and they should return after a few days.

Bruh, I'm studying to be a pharmacist. Being yelled at by codeine addicts is part of my life. Just wasn't sure with ghosts, I always figured they were meant to be like zombies and go back to where they came from when the sun came up. Mine is passed out from exhaustion in the garden.

Thanks though. Was worried I might have deleted it. Kept hearing a lot of conflicting stuff with using cheats to get rid of them when I Googled it and I didn't want it to be banished forever.

#4774 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 7:32 PM Last edited by Don_Babilon : 6th Sep 2014 at 9:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
Bruh, I'm studying to be a pharmacist. Being yelled at by codeine addicts is part of my life. Just wasn't sure with ghosts, I always figured they were meant to be like zombies and go back to where they came from when the sun came up. Mine is passed out from exhaustion in the garden.

Thanks though. Was worried I might have deleted it. Kept hearing a lot of conflicting stuff with using cheats to get rid of them when I Googled it and I didn't want it to be banished forever.
Yeah well, the ARE supposed to return to their graves once their haunting shift is over, but, being The Sims, this sometimes fails, either just because or when they cannot return because of where their urn is. Believe it or not, but returning to their grave is subject to certain route failure conditions. For example they cannot return when their urn is placed on a display pedestal or when it is in a room together with a tomb marker.
Alchemist
#4775 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 10:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by miarell
Can you add floors to a premade penthouse appartment? Like, if the entrance to the appartment is on the top floor, is it possible to build stairs going dowstairs and have two storey appartment. Not on the ground level.

You can edit a premade penthouse (shell building). You need to enable testingCheatsEnabled true, restrictBuildBuyBuildings off/false, and (optional) buyDebug on.

I'm not sure about the second question though. How do you make the entrance to be on the top floor? Some shell buildings, like the LN skyscrapers allow you to build several stories on the topmost floor because the shell is designed that way. Some shell buildings don't, such as the Private Venue shells from Showtime. They're designed to be decorated on the ground floor only. It will look weird if you try to add second floor, but it's barely noticeable anyway.

Also, due to the significant height difference in LN skyscrapers, I'm not sure if you could connect the top floor with the ground floor using stairs. That's why elevators exist so it would create immersion that you could reach the top floor.

Just call me Nikel
Page 191 of 385