Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2013 at 6:49 PM
Default Populating world. Relationships and marriages not saving?
Hi. I've been working on my world now for a few months and I'm now populating it. However, every time I set relationships with the Nraas master controller they are lost when I leave EIG. Everything else including jobs, job level, job progress and moodlets are being saved, it's just the relationships that are being lost. I'm running caw with game version 1.55

Any help would be appreciated so thanks

Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 11th Aug 2013 at 6:06 AM
Hmm, I really don't know. I've never had the patience to set relationships with MC. Hopefully someone with more insight will be around to help out.
dodgy builder
#3 Old 12th Aug 2013 at 2:35 PM
This probably belongs on Twallans forums
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Aug 2013 at 11:40 PM
I don't think it has anything to do with the master controller though as even using testing cheats to drag the relationship bars doesn't work. It seems to be a caw problem.
dodgy builder
#5 Old 13th Aug 2013 at 11:12 AM
I just tested porting for Stranda last week, and didn't notice anything. I will have to keep this in mind then. The only families I have is in a household. I guess you're talking about families not in a household?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Aug 2013 at 3:52 PM
It's affecting households too. Their relationships are at 0 and married sims are showing up as unrelated.

If you manage to import sims into your world and keep their relationships I'd love to know how you did it.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 13th Aug 2013 at 8:10 PM
I've been able to set relationships without problems, though I haven't tried in the latest patch.

All my families and future-townie groups are saved to the bin after relationships and other details were set, so whenever I need to repopulate, I just plop 'em and evict 'em where necessary. Maybe binning them and pulling them from there makes the information stick? Worth a try, if you haven't been doing it that way.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Aug 2013 at 8:24 PM
So did you place your sims onto a lot edit their skills, jobs etc then put them back into the library?

Also, if I have a sim who's far in their career how would I set their bosses and co-workers relationships?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 042nrogera2
So did you place your sims onto a lot edit their skills, jobs etc then put them back into the library?

Also, if I have a sim who's far in their career how would I set their bosses and co-workers relationships?
I haven't bothered with relationships between people on different lots, but it should be possible. With overpopulation mods, you can put big groups on the same lot (keeping it paused), set their relationships, split out the families into their own lots, and then bin them. Their funds will probably need to be adjusted when you repopulate.

Binning them also makes it much easier to set more details over time. The first time I tried an export, all I had patience for was family relationships and jobs. Later, I added skills, books read, edited outerwear post-Seasons, handed out instruments and picnic baskets, etc., binning each time. If I ever decide the world is actually finished, they'll be a pretty well-rounded group. Just remember to bin before evicting townies or setting NPC status so you don't lose all that hard work... I've done that once or ten times.