Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 6:29 PM
Default Studio Ghibli Movies
Who here likes Studio Ghibli movies and if you do, what's your favorite?

Ghibli movies include Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Castle in the Sky, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service, Porco Rosso, Princess Mononoke, Grave of the Fireflies, Whisper of the Heart, The Cat Returns, Tales from Earthsea, Ponyo, From Up On Poppy Hill, The Wind Rises, The Tale of Princess Kaguya, and When Marnie Was There.

My top 5 in order are:

1) Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
2) Kiki's Delivery Service
3) My Neighbor Totoro
4) Whisper of the Heart
5) Princess Mononoke

Though it's hard to pick just five. They're all so amazing and inspirational. :lovestruc

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 6:50 PM
Can't really say that I have a favourite, since I've only seen Spirited Away! To my knowledge they are supposed to be really good, both story and animation. Some day in the future I will watch the other Ghibli movies (they look super sweet).
You know, I'm not entirely sure if I watched Spirited Away in English. I know I've seen it in French and strangely, German too (I have little to no German skills); and I'm pretty sure I've watched it at least twice
Theorist
#3 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 8:21 PM
Grave of the Fireflies should be required viewing as part of people's regular education.
#4 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 10:21 PM
I saw Princess Mononoke at a friend's place. It's really good. The love story part of it isn't very good, but it's better than the Twilight series.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 7:08 PM
1. My Neighbor Totoro
2. Spirited Away
3. Porco Rosso
4. Whisper of the Heart
5. Howl's Moving Castle

They're all so good though! Except for Tales from Earthsea, that sucked.