Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 3:43 PM
Default What mods must you absolutely have for the Sims 3?
What mods can you just not go without?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 3:58 PM
I have mods for same energy gain from all beds, faster painting, faster writing, teach toddler to talk, walk and potty faster, and let's not forget the no autonomous playing with sprinkler.
So generally I use mods for easier gameplay so I get more time for my sims to do fun stuff.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 3:55 PM
Awesomemod is, without question, an absolute must-have for me.

I also use Awesome's custom name file feature with my own list of names, since the Sims in my world have names like Tybalt Perilous and Absinthe le Fey, not Connor Frio and Judy Bunch.

CmarNYC's pointy ear sliders are pretty important too. Gotta always have some Sims with pointy ears.

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 4:01 PM
I have to have Auto romanitic socials, SuperComputer and, a censor remover.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 4:48 PM
Verily, Awesome and Twallan's Mods never leave my Downloads Folder. As well, I agree with the above poster that Pointy Ears is a must. Many and many an elven lady reside in my town (and a few elven gentlemen, as well), so these are of necessity!
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 9:39 PM
Really? 'cause I'd use a point-eared slider to make Vulcans... :D
Thanks for the tips - just got TS3!
Eminence Grise
#7 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 10:57 PM
Aside from Twallan's supercomputer, which provides basic housekeeping functions, and Rick's no-intro, which kills the opening ads and video, what mods are essential pretty much depends on what kind of family I'm playing at any given moment.

I gotta put in a plug for Dolphinz's Gardening Gnome, though. Any sim with a garden, including your cooks, winemakers, and anglers, will thank you

Also using Zaroba's Vacation Homes at a Lower Visa Level (he has some other WA mods as well), and rmrm's Shorter Toddler Stage/Longer Child Stage, which takes a few days off toddler and adds them to child. If you want to adjust life stage length, you have quite a few choices, but the "toddler is longer than child" thing was my main complaint. Children are MUCH more fun to play than toddlers
Scholar
#8 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 9:31 AM
Default Essential Hacks/Mods for Sims 3
Share the mods, fixes, hacks, etc that you must have in your game! :p
Mad Poster
#9 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 9:54 AM
This is probably the third or fourth such thread already, here is one at least.

My answer is simple, awesome + my own mods + the no intro. But awesome is the only one I really need. The rest are just nice to have.
Scholar
#10 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 12:20 PM
Speaking of mods --
Ani, whatever happened to that drunk mod you were working on?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 1:09 PM
In my game causing havoc and awkward situations. Did the last tunings on monday and more yesterday and will do the last bit of playtesting during this weekend and if neither me or my tester find anything horribly wrong with it, will be puting it to upload during the weekend, that and V2 of the bed mod.
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 7:45 PM
Twallans story progression mod,supercomputer,Dolphinz's Garderning Gnome and inteen
Test Subject
#13 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 8:14 PM
Delphys Breast Enhancing Mod Slider.

Gotta have the big chest for my lovely lady sims! :D

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'

Try not to call me SoulfulSammi, my nickname is
SouLi....
Scholar
#14 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 10:00 PM Last edited by suzetter : 16th Apr 2010 at 10:01 PM. Reason: typo
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
In my game causing havoc and awkward situations. Did the last tunings on monday and more yesterday and will do the last bit of playtesting during this weekend and if neither me or my tester find anything horribly wrong with it, will be puting it to upload during the weekend, that and V2 of the bed mod.

Yay! It sounded so fun in creator feedback and I'm all for a little sim havoc. I think I foresee a "Your funniest drunk sim moment" thread in the not too distant future.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 11:14 PM
Woah, a drunk mod sounds like a lot of fun :D

As for me, the only things I really need for my game are slider hacks and editsim function. They are basically the only reasons why I got AwesomeMod, lol.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#16 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 4:32 AM
That's what you THINK you only need. You also need the critical bug fixes that work under the hood.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 6:48 AM
AwesomeMod
NRaas StoryProgression
NRaas SuperComputer
SLAM v2
Marhis-Genetics-Mutation1percent (EA's 10% is a bit ridiculous)
BetterNames
Mad Poster
#18 Old 17th Apr 2010 at 9:59 AM
Awesomemod - for so many reasons.

No More Making Stupid Faces While Idle, No More Handy Sim Wrench-Tossing, No More Coughing/Choking While Eating (for WA) or Sim Cough Drop (for base game), and No Foot Tapping While Waiting for Clear Route - because I would find TS3 gameplay unbearable without them.

Good default replacement skins and eyes - for making TS3 sims less fugly/puddingy/cartoony.

And I'm also looking forward to ani's drunk mod - anything to add some actual FUN to TS3 is a must-have!