Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Buyable Insect Spawners

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 1,399 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 74,774 Views
Uploaded: 24th Jul 2009 at 9:31 PM
Updated: 26th Jul 2009 at 7:22 PM
Now your sims can collect insects at home!

Simply go into Build mode and find all the butterfly and beetle spawners under the 'Rocks' category (there are no miscellaneous or insect categories, so I simply chose rocks.) And place them wherever you like.

When these are placed, they are placed underground. So if after placing a spawner, you decide you no longer want it, you can dig a deep pond underneath it, then move your pointer around until you find it. Then you can move/delete it. But they are still invisible, so you'll have to remember where you placed them.

The titles are a little vague. Each spawner is labeled differently. Some clarify as to which insects will spawn, but some simply say "low", "med", "high, or "epic". I'm ASSUMING that low=common, med=uncommon, high=rare and epic=extraordinarily unusual, but this has not been proven.

For a list of rarities, click here.

They are free to place.

They do NOT replace any original content, I simply created a clone of each spawner and enabled them in build mode under the rocks category.

The spawners run on a timer, so once placed it may take a few sim days for them to show up. The timer seems to reset after catching/collecting them.

I've tested these and found no problems, but if you find something I haven't, please let me know.

Thanks to Srikandi for ideas, testing, carifications, etc.