Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 10:44 PM
Default Window Problem
Hi, I have a problem when converting a sims 2 window to sims 3. One side appears fine, but other one is mostly invisible.

I checked out the other threads on windows for this problem and tried their solutions but they didn't seem to work. :/
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 11:57 AM
you have to modify the alpha channel
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 1:22 PM
The sims2 windows were a bit weird, in that the two halves (inner and outer wall) of the mesh weren't in the same place, and they were not the same subset. They were put together in-game by the CRES resource moving their position. If you moved one to the wrong place by mistake, or didn't notice it, it would produce exactly the effect you illustrate. Check again that you brought all parts of the sims2 mesh over into your project and have assembled them into a more suitable juxtaposition.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 1:41 PM
Hello,

I had exactly the same problem with my window (new mesh) ; I'd tried some few things, if it could help you I've posted them in thread in this forum and the more important named "Important for making windowsmesh". But I'm french so I hope all I write is understandable ...

Good luck :p

Créa Sims 3

If you find I'm talking strange, don't forget I'm frenchy ... ;o)