Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Uber-Megahood: All Maxis Neighborhoods in One (Megahood + Belladonna Cove)

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 13th Sep 2008 at 9:11 PM - Updated 29th May 2015 at 2:33 PM by Nysha

383 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 322 Feedback Posts, 60 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 16
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 7:00 PM Last edited by BrEaKsYsTeM : 16th Mar 2009 at 7:06 PM. Reason: It's a thanks AND a question!
Yo! HP!!
Hey HP! Love your work! =D
Quick question: When I download this, do you think it's safe to delete the other neighborhoods, y'know, to save space?

Have a nice day?

Maximus Laboratories: We do what must because we can.
Test Subject
#127 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 8:34 PM
This is great! Although, I don't really like the sims in Desiderata Valley, and I wonder if it is possible for me to simply delete it, without causing any problems? Or do I need to start from the beginning and make one of these myself?

Eat more veggies. Don't have a cow.
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 24th Mar 2009 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mario125
I have a question why can't you more shoppping district? Because when I added another everything was okay .

This was explained earlier in the thread in severe technicaleese. The translation is roughly "Any new shopping district may or will have the same ID number as a sub-neighborhood. This will cause the game to crash and/or borky things to happen".
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 24th Mar 2009 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BrEaKsYsTeM
Hey HP! Love your work! =D
Quick question: When I download this, do you think it's safe to delete the other neighborhoods, y'know, to save space?

Have a nice day?

I've done this myself, and haven't had any problems.
Instructor
#130 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 10:58 PM Last edited by rosesforme17 : 31st Mar 2009 at 5:26 PM.
HP, I have to say that this is the most amazingly, wonderful download I have come across. I truly appreciate the time and effort you put in to this and look forward to the endless possibilities it now brings to my game. Thank you so much!!! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#131 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 5:14 PM
All I can say is thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! I officially love you, I never played the other neighborhoods because I didn't want scattered families, thanks so much I really appreciate it. I LOVE YOU :D

I'm back, trying make a name for myself in the sims community. I'm going to try to match up the meshes with the content I previously made so I can share it with everyone :]. I wish my username didn't suck so much, I think I'll make a new one for the sims 3 :]
Field Researcher
#132 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 8:31 AM
this is really cool. so, because the townies/characters are listed in downtown/shopping district or wherever, they're all in one neighborhood, and that means say juliet capp can walk by dina calientes house? and they're completely associated w/ each other?
i've sort of avoided this all together, just because i thought well it might go 'really slow' and/or bork my game because of the whole 'mega hood' concept, but now i understand it better and i know it won't affect my already made pleasantview, strangetown, etc. so i'd like to try this. thank you.

"Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day - accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day." - Don Vito Corleone [Godfather]
Alchemist
#133 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 2:08 PM
HP - Am I okay to re-name this hood something other than Plesant view?

Thanks for such a brilliant download :D
Test Subject
#134 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 7:01 AM
It Is Absolutely Amazing...... BUT, I Can't Download It Because I don't Have Free Time And Open For Business.... Could you make on megahood without Freetime or open for business?
Anyway Thank You Soooo Much
You're Amazing, I love All of Your Work
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#135 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 10:45 AM
technolover - I answered that in the first post... under "expansion packs required" - the last bit.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#136 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 4:30 PM
:') This is... is... why don't we have enough words to describe how amazing this truely is? WHY!

Oh, and thank you for making it (by the by, one thank you isn't enough)
Test Subject
#137 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 6:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
jet2r0cks - Well, it sounds like you're not using this, so your shopping district being added has nothing to do with the shopping districts for the Uber-Megahood. You can have other shopping districts in -other- neighborhoods, just not in the Pleasantview + everything else that is this download. You play whatever other neighborhoods however you like - the whole "don't create more shopping districts" is ONLY for this.

However, moving sims from Strangetown into another nighborhood is a Very Bad Idea and unless you did it right, you've messed up the neighborhood you moved them into, so you should probably just delete that whole neighborhood entirely.

Where are the graves from olive specters back yard? Visible in neighborhood view. Non-existent on the lot. And no, I'm not planning on resurrecting any of the maxis screwed characters.
Test Subject
#138 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 4:42 AM
I have honestly been trying to download this for the past 5 hours, no joke. My wireless connection is extremely unstable, and I'm very sad that I'm having such a hard time downloading this, even in seperate parts!

Sims 3 story is here http://petalpaths.wordpress.com
Test Subject
#139 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 5:03 PM
Fantastic I can now do an alternate reality story I've been thinking about big hugs!!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#141 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 7:37 PM
duck74 - To make it, it took me about 6 false starts over the course of maybe an hour each, and then finally another hour to get it working again. The Uber-Megahood took less time to do the main part, as I actually knew what I was doing, and didn't have to start from scratch, but it ended up actually taking at least another hour and a half to fix all the apartment dwellers.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
#143 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 11:37 AM
I really love this download, and I'm about to install it into my game ^^ The only other neighbourhood I currently have is Strangetown, so when I put this into the game I'm going to try deleting Strangetown from this because I'm not interested in playing those sims on 2 neighbourhoods. If it breaks though I'll just play with, no prob~

Thanks HP <3
Test Subject
#144 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 1:50 PM
this megahood was soooo much fun to play in and i loved being able to move all my sims there and have them ALL know one another. thank you sooo much for this creative idea
Lab Assistant
#145 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 10:23 PM
Quote:
4. Play: Now you can begin playing with the combined hood. If you already have a Pleasantview, it will be the second Pleasantview listed. If you already have my Megahood and a regular Pleasantview, it will be the third Pleasantview listed. You can play them all separately just fine.

This may be a completely stupid question, but, is it possible to have two of these neighborhoods in your game? My sister and I share a game but do not like to share a neighborhood and we both would like this. Sorry again if this is a lame question, I'm not really sure how these things work.
Test Subject
#146 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 8:59 AM
Your headache being my gain, I still must put forth my thank you for adding belladonna cove to the megahood. *hadn't gotten around to dling the original yet* I'll enjoy putting my legacy family in this neighborhood, methinks.

edit: HP can shoot me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be as easy as incrementing the number up by one when you paste the second copy into your neighborhoods folder? (at least...maybe...?)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#147 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 9:54 AM
You cannot just rename the folder number. You have to rename the folder number and -every single file inside the folder and all subfolders to match-. A program called Bulk Renamer makes that easy, and is something I used to create this in the first place.

Lab Assistant
#148 Old 1st May 2009 at 8:26 PM
So, if I have this right I use the bulk renamer to change the neighborhood and all it's folders up a number i.e. changing them from N373 to N374?
Field Researcher
#149 Old 2nd May 2009 at 4:39 AM
Great neighborhood! I'll definitely be playing this. Thanks!

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Test Subject
#150 Old 4th May 2009 at 11:58 AM
I am forever greatful that you did this.

For ages I attempted to roll all of my neighbourhoods into one; however, my lack of skill prevented me from achieving this.

One problem, not sure if it's the hood or something I have since downloaded.

My Baldwin's in Belladonna Cove have a Jasmine Rai infestation....
By this I mean that outside my apartment block, I have 50+ Jasmine Rais all milling around slowing my lot down.

Is there anyway to fix this?
Page 6 of 16