Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 1:21 AM Last edited by scribblingTiresias : 26th Jul 2017 at 1:22 AM. Reason: added info

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How do I fix mod order conflicts?
Hey! Just reinstalled TS2 Ultimate Collection on my new computer and I've run into a flamingly stupid mess.

I'm running Windows 10 and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the HCDU running. I've tried doing what the internet has said to do- making a new The Sims 2 folder inside your EA Games folder and putting your Downloads folder in there, with and without the (TM) symbol. But it hasn't worked.

So I'm going ballistic- I'd like to use a lot of hacks in my game at the same time. (Pescado's Director's Cut hacks, InTeen, ACR, the Sim Blender, and some of SimLogical's stuff are the ones I can't play without; I'd also like to use Monique's computers and Almighty Hat's aging hack.) But I can't for the LIFE of me get the Hack Detection Program working, and a casual google doesn't show another mod organizer.

Is there any way to sort mods/detect mod conflicts for TS2 that DOESN'T require you to be running XP, or am I just blind/stupid?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 1:57 AM
When you say it hasn't worked, what do you mean exactly? Is there an error? Or the program simply doesn't see the folder?

I'm running Windows 10 with the UC installed and I was able to get the HCDU working. Strange it's not playing nice.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 2:04 AM
"TS2 Data Path not found" is the error in question.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 2:50 AM
And just to be sure you've tried this?

And in that folder there's a Downloads folder with a capital D?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 2:54 AM
Running XP?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 2:54 AM
...You know, everywhere said I needed to use the (TM)?

Thank you. That was an easy fix. >_>
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scribblingTiresias
...You know, everywhere said I needed to use the (TM)?

Thank you. That was an easy fix. >_>

Hah, it's okay. I've had the problem when I first installed UC and the (tm) never worked, either. Glad I could help.

Mad Poster
#8 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 12:07 PM
If you ever wonder which path to use, open the correct folder, then click once in the file path bar (where you find the path that looks something like this: "Documents --> EA Games --> The Sims 2 --> Downloads"). The text will light up in blue, and change to C:\Users\USER\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads. When marked blue, it can be copied (ctrl+C or right-click/copy).

Very handy if you're saving something from the internet and can't bother clicking your way into a folder layered very deep, or have files split between two folders, or (like in your case) have the UC and need the correct path for a program such as SimPE or the HDCU.

This works for certain on Vista and above, probably also XP and below, but I can't test that.