Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 3:16 PM Last edited by Encloped : 4th Sep 2010 at 5:50 AM. Reason: Adding more info
Default Twinbrook Items in CAW
Original Post:
Quote:
Hi, I have a theory (thanks to Fresh-Prince and his discovery), if one was to get the files that make up the objects from the FullBuild_po4.package, Is it possible to merge them into a clone of an object that works in CAW?

I would like to test this but I haven't the slightest idea on how to do just that. I've exported the files (that I know of) and now lost on what to do. For the first thing I am testing, I was going to do the water tower that is near the ruined house/station (follow the track from the military base to find it). The files I have exported are:
-FOOTPRINT
-OBJECT
-LIGHT
-OBJKEY
-DDS
So I guess the real question would be how would you get these to replace the ones in the original water tower.

P.S. Sorry if this is really confusing, I never dealt with this stuff before so it sounds really weird in my head + the fact that I might of posted this in the wrong spot, oh well

Now:
Instead of new viewers having to go through all the posts, I'm just going to sum everything up. The case of the missing objects has been solved and now I'm currently in the process of getting all the objects into CAW for you peeps to use

List of objects, completed or not:
Train Track - Broken - Done
Train Track - Straight Medium - Done
Train Track - Subtle Curve - Done
Train Track - Straight Large - Done
Train Track - Ninety° Degree - Done
Train Track - Small - Done
Train Track - S Curve - Done
Train Track - Switch - Done

Fence Chain Link - Medium - Done
Fence Chain Link - Done
Fence Chain Link - Post - Done
Fence Chain Link - Long - Done
Fence Chain Link - Half Span - Done

Spillway - Small
Seawall
Seawall Medium
Seawall Lage
Spillway - Large
Factory Drain Pipes

Signal Hanging Caution
Industrial Water Tower
Wooden Base Water Tank - Done
Faux Jackalope
Launch Assembly
Station Ruins
The Streetbrite - No Flag
Wooden Barn
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 3:36 PM
Sorry for that, I can be a bit confusing at times. I guess I meant to create a clone of an object that works in CAW but change its structure to have the stuff for the left out Twinbrook items. Couldn't you import the package into TSRW then export as sims3pack?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 4:00 PM
Well I'll try that probably tomorrow, or at least when Mc. Afee wants to finish scanning my laptop. Well you helped in giving an opinion on how I could go at changing the meshes which is really useful as I was clueless at the start.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 12:51 PM
Progress Report 1:
When cloning I noticed that the Water Tower did appear on the list so I tested that. First I imported it into TSRW to change into sims3pack. After that I installed it into the game however it still didn't show up in CAW , however it does load in the game but yet the whole structure is all brown so . To sum things up exporting the item straight into sims3pack does not work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 2:23 PM
Like I mentioned, this is the first time I've done this stuff so any info is helpful. Well when I opened up S3OC to clone the water tower, I noticed that the objects were organised via expansion pack so I decided to see if the objects that I'm trying to bring into CAW were there, which they were. After I found the new version of the water tower (Wood Base) I exported it as package. then opened that up into TSRW and exported again as sims3package.

The object however doesn't come up in the metadata list but does come up in the community section in Build Mode, Edit-in-Game and as I said, the object appeared brown in colour. I'm still going to test my original theory but I haven't had long enough time to focus on that rather then seeing if something quick could work
Theorist
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 9:15 PM
On some objects (basically all the unrecolorable ones) you have to edit the textures by going to the mesh tab and pressing material

Hi I'm Paul!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 8:09 AM
Woo ^^, you got the stuff into CAW. Thank you so much for trying it and succeeding at this. I guess the question now should be should these objects be uploaded or just create a tutorial and post that instead.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#8 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 9:27 AM
I'd really like to find out what bit/s of data define an object as being available in CAW! Ideally it would be nice to clone other things and set them up for it.

So let me recap... just cloning something that is already a CAW item doesn't make a new CAW item automatically? It has to be either the windmill or the water tower? Seems weird.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 2:08 PM
Only problem bout the .dbc cache is the folder needs to be deleted every now and again to fix a certain issue so there might be a problem with that. Also I seem to be having some problems with the MLODs and MODL. I've exported them and put them into the object tool thing and decompressed them and have loaded them in MilkShape and exported but the problem I'm having is in TSRW as I can't load the meshes. Was there something that I was supposed to do in MilkShape first before I extracted? cause knowing me, I probably forgot.
#10 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 2:26 PM
When you use TSRW, it insists you have the same number of groups in the imported mesh as you had in the original project mesh.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 2:40 PM
Okay then. Is their anyway to add or remove groups?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 3:05 PM
Well you said that you cloned the windmill, but I couldn't find it so I opted out for the Water Tower.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 3:43 PM
Water Tower
0x00000000 = 3
0x00010000 = 1
0x00010002 = 1

Wooden Base
0x18000000 = 1
0x18010000 = 2
0x18010001 = 3

Plus I can't import the MODL and IMG file as well
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 9:37 PM
Please write a tutorial. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 11:27 AM
Lol thanks for that It'll definitely be helpful
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 9:04 PM
I certainly hope you can find a place to upload these things. I am willing to try but I do not have milkshape and I have never used anything remotely like milkshape. I have found S3PE easy to use and have been able to modify some mods and make package files but anything beyond that is completely out of my range. Yet, as a world builder, it would be wonderful to have some of these things available. That water tower would be awesome in my world! Also, the two poles with the traffic light...I can get that using the cheat mod but it has to go on a lot, which is silly. I need to be able to place it over a road. There are countless other items in Twinbrook that would be great for CAW and items not even in the game. For example, I would love to have some simple Saguaro cactus for my desert world but while I found some made for lots, I cannot pepper them across the landscape. The things we could do if we had access to more world items!! It boggles my mind!
Instructor
#17 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 2:24 AM Last edited by Sims MX : 26th Aug 2010 at 2:57 AM.
I used S3OC to clone the Ambitions No Fishing Sign and it showed up in the in-game World Edit. I don't have CAW so I don't know if it shows up there.

BTW it is a package file, so I guess it doesn't have to be a Sims3Pack, at least for World Edit.

Edit:
I just discovered how to make objects available in World Edit! Take a look at the screenshot I attached, it is the basegame billboard! I cloned it using S3OC and it is now a default replacement.

I don't know if my procedure has disabled the object for CAW because I don't have it installed. I'll download it and let you know.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 10:39 AM
Well I'm half way through adding all the objects into CAW. I never figured it would be this easy, I might start making my own stuff for CAW afterwards :D. In the meantime I think we should actually test what happens when you transfer the worlds with these items in them otherwise it could get ugly.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 2:35 PM
Well in the end I guess EA wanted us to get to this stuff because there is a bridge template ......
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 3:59 PM
So true, EA should release a free pack that contains a whole lot of stuff that the world builders could use to have a lot more customization. You know who's neighbourhood stuff I miss, Criquette's. I loved all the things that he made, I wonder if he will come back for Sims 3, especially now since we can get CC in CAW.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 4:39 PM
Maybe all of the IMGs are for different sections so like 1 is for the road and another for side walk, etc.
#22 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 5:00 PM
You surfaced the road with glass

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 5:04 PM
O.o, its all pink and transparent. Well if someone wanted to make a kind of virtual/Tron world, that bridge could fit.
The other one
#24 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 7:32 AM
Not sure if it's what you're looking for but I just accidentally stumbled upon somebody who seems to know how to extract the missing items, here he's done the spillway and asks if anyone would be interested in seeing any more missing items): http://www.flyingacres.com/Neighbor...ad.php?tid=1711 He says it's on a 10x10 lot I don't know enough about it to know if it's better or worse than what you guys have discovered (great work btw, looking forward to seeing final results )

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 9:44 AM
I just tried and downloaded the spillway, but even though it shows up in CAW on the lot where I had put it, I cannot move it, and it disappears when I delete the lot. So it's not really useful for world editing, I think... or did I handle it wrong?
Page 1 of 3