Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#21201 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 8:51 AM Last edited by PandoraNYc1 : 5th Jul 2015 at 10:07 PM.
My sim was struck by lightening earlier today. How do I get rid the burnt appearance on her face? Or does it clear on its own?

Okay, I've given her several showers and her face is still burnt. What do I do?

PandoraNYC1
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21202 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 9:17 AM
Just send her for a shower.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#21203 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 9:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Just send her for a shower.

Okay. Thank you.

PandoraNYC1
Instructor
#21204 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 1:04 PM Last edited by Rinchan7 : 1st Jul 2015 at 1:34 PM.
Does another sim's awesome playing of a musical instrument influence a sim's wants? When she woke up the day after her sister displayed talent in the guitar and piano, my sim wished to buy both of those instruments. She didn't want to buy the drum set she was playing that day (could be because other sims thought her performance was so-so in comparison)

EDIT: When a sim checks out another sim and does the 'give it to me baby' dance, but then asks the same sim how they feel about her and she is given the hand, is the poor chemistry from sore ego since they thought that sim was hot but the other sim thought they were not?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21205 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 2:07 PM
Could be the sim being swooned after is romance aspiration.

The wants are probably from you buying the objects, but can arise from using it on any lot.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#21206 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 2:19 PM
The relationship may not be high enough for the flirt to work, and turn-ons and turn-offs can get complicated in the early stages. Relationship trumps everything! If you want to be sure of acceptance, make friends first before trying out erotic interactions.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#21207 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 2:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rinchan7
(1) Does another sim's awesome playing of a musical instrument influence a sim's wants? When she woke up the day after her sister displayed talent in the guitar and piano, my sim wished to buy both of those instruments. She didn't want to buy the drum set she was playing that day (could be because other sims thought her performance was so-so in comparison)

EDIT: (2) When a sim checks out another sim and does the 'give it to me baby' dance, but then asks the same sim how they feel about her and she is given the hand, is the poor chemistry from sore ego since they thought that sim was hot but the other sim thought they were not?

1. Some Sims will want some things when they see them, also when something happens to a sim another sim may want it to.

2. When you use the "If You Like What You See" interaction the first thing that is check is Turn-Off's, so this sim has something that turns off the other sim.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Instructor
#21208 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 2:57 PM
How much would you say the game relies on the player's interpretation of events?
Mad Poster
#21209 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 3:24 PM
Almost entirely! Without the player interpreting, consciously or not, and making decisions, it's just a bunch of animations behaving according to randomization protocols.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#21210 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
1. Some Sims will want some things when they see them, also when something happens to a sim another sim may want it to.

Some Sims see things the way they are and ask, why? Other Sims dream things that never were and ask, why not?

Theorist
#21211 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 6:36 AM
Some will get wants because some one else has an object or can do a specific action. My sims don't have cars and rarely will want for one, it's rare I see this roll, until another sim gets a car, there will be more wants. I never see supernatural wants. But, if a sim in their hood becomes a witch or vampire, I'll start to see the wants, or those who are not knowledge will have a fear against it. Mine don't see the npc witches and I didn't see the wants until there was a witch and a warlock in the hood. Now I see wants and fears for them. I don't have zombies, never will and don't see positive wants for them. I only see fears about zombie when a sim dies.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#21212 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 8:14 AM
All my knowledge sims roll wants to become werewolves and/or witches. Witches only after encountering one, werewolves as soon as a wolf walks by. Never vampires, though, I don't think the idea appeals to knowledge sims in general.

None of my Sims get cars - they have to walk everywhere whether they roll the want or not. Cars just don't suit my building or play style - I'd rather have a pool, orchard, big BBQ area or a pond instead of a garage/driveway. Before they could walk anywhere, some Sims had cars in a previous hood - I really do not miss cars at all. It is, imo, mostly fortune Sims who want cars. They want everything. Just like me, they cannot always get what they want
Field Researcher
#21213 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 2:24 PM
I have a question.
How to stop all the repetitive wants, such as "Talk about hobby" "Watch a movie" and "Read a novel" that nearly always come together?
They are just so annoying and they yield almost nothing.
Mad Poster
#21214 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 2:50 PM
There's a mod to suppress hobby wants, but if you don't want to do that, don't fill them. Go to a community lot or start a date to roll new wants, and fill the ones you want. The more often a want gets filled the more likely it is to be rolled again.

The entire wants panel is rerolled when the sim changes lots (including going to work); at set times of the day (on waking in the morning, for instance), when the sim throws a party, when a date starts, and when another sim asks "Do you like what you see?" Filling a blue-edged want will often scramble the entire panel, too. So any time you get stuck wants, look for the thing you can do that will reroll the panel.

The randomization of wants is fairly complex and involves "want trees." Filling certain wants makes other wants more likely to be rolled. A sim who fills her want to learn to cook baked alaska has an increased likelihood of wanting to eat baked alaska; a sim who fills a want to buy a garden plot has an increased likelihood of rolling a want to plant a seed; a sim who fills a makeout want is more likely to roll a woohoo want, etc. These for the most part make perfect sense and experience will teach you when to expect it to happen, and which wants have strong trees.

Also, hobby wants get into a positive feedback loop - the more you engage in a hobby, the more enthusiasm the sim has for it, so the more wants he rolls for the hobby, which when filled builds his enthusiasm, and so on.

Mad Poster
#21215 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 3:46 PM
Talk about hobby - of course they want to do that. Look how we talk about our Sims 2 hobby
Mad Poster
#21216 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
There's a mod to suppress hobby wants, but if you don't want to do that, don't fill them.

Which mod is that? I spent years searching for one, and the only one I know that suppresses hobby wants suppress the entire hobby system. A while back I got a random PM from someone who showed me how to edit the installation files in order to remove that want tree completely, but if there is an actual mod that would be even better.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#21217 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 5:00 PM
I believe that's the one I was thinking of - sorry! I should have been more specific. I don't mind them (and make good use of them) so I don't keep close track of mods dealing with them.

Mad Poster
#21218 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 5:21 PM
I figured it would be that one, but it was worth a shot I really wish I could share the installation-file method, since I know I'm not alone in loathing hobby wants (I never filled them, and they never went away for me), but the person who showed me hasn't logged in for almost a year, and it feels wrong to share something that I didn't think of and didn't create.

Field Researcher
#21219 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I figured it would be that one, but it was worth a shot I really wish I could share the installation-file method, since I know I'm not alone in loathing hobby wants (I never filled them, and they never went away for me), but the person who showed me hasn't logged in for almost a year, and it feels wrong to share something that I didn't think of and didn't create.

I don't think it's wrong. It's not like he created the method nor is it a secret of his.
I mean, my maths teacher didn't think of the quadratic equation, yet she's teaching us that to make us smarter and lead better lives.
While you can copyright a book that includes knowledge, you can't copyright knowledge.
So please, if you do not mind, tell me how to get rid of them
Mad Poster
#21220 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 6:11 PM
Sharing the knowledge should be all right, but make sure you give credit. Since no one can get paid for sim stuff (except by working for the company), intellectual property rights hinge on allocation of credit.

Mad Poster
#21221 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 6:17 PM
I'll look into what MTS thinks about that kind of thing, and get back to you

Mad Poster
#21222 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 10:43 PM
Yes, it will. The only safe method of transferring Sims is to extract their appearance with SimPE, re-cloning it in Bodyshop, and re-creating them in CAS.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21223 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 10:59 PM
Both hoods will be corrupted.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#21224 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TumaSims
Q: If I move my sims to a new hood (by family binning them) and delete the old one will the new hood get corrupted?

By putting sims in the "Family Bin" is ok to do and is safe for your game.

Putting Sims in a house and putting the house into the "House Bin" Is bad and will corrupt the hood you took them out of and will corrupt any hood you put them in including the hood you took them out of in the first place.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21225 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 2:03 AM
She wants to move them from the family bin across to a new hood, that will corrupt the hoods.

TumaSims, it isn't difficult to extract and clone the sims you would like to be in another hood.

~Call me Jo~
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 849 of 1000