Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 12:31 AM
Default Select home for female Hero marrying NPC?
So my female merchant married Trader Andrew...thought it would be a good match. But now, they keep trying to go to the village where he has his "home". Obviously I'd like for her to stay at her home. I've tried having them sleep at her home and woohoo there, but eventually they keep heading back to the village.

Is there a mod or some way to select the merchant home as their "base"? I don't want to have to keep chasing them back to her home.

And rather than bump the old thread....I'm still looking for a way to make twins or triplets if there is a mod out there for that.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 1:28 AM
If you did not save after they were married then you can revert and marry them again. When they got married you should have been asked where to set their home.. you need to pay careful attention to this as it will be set after that. I know of no mod to change this, so if you can not revert to a previous time in the game and marry them again (you can try replacing the worldcastle.nhd file found in saves/"folder named same as your kingdom".tsm with the one found in "folder named same as your kingdom".tsm.backup - be sure to save the worldcastle.nhd file you are replacing somewhere so you can get back to where you currently are if things do not work as planned.)
Should this method fail you then you have but one recourse, divorce them and remarry if you like.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 2:01 PM
That's just it Silverprinz, I was never asked where I wanted them to live. ...however, this was not my quest Sim, but one I had shift-clicked to play while my physician was making potions. Could that be the reason why I wasn't asked?
Scholar
#4 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nataliecv
That's just it Silverprinz, I was never asked where I wanted them to live. ...however, this was not my quest Sim, but one I had shift-clicked to play while my physician was making potions. Could that be the reason why I wasn't asked?

You only get the option to select a house if it's 2 hero sims getting married.
I'd imagine your shift-clicking to make the sim active has caused the glitch, perhaps on a shift clicked sim it's internally recognized as an npc since it's not marked as active on a quest?, if that were the case, it would explain why they ended up in the village.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 4:41 PM
Well actually you answered it right there ChickieTeeta. If you only get asked where you want them to live if it's 2 heros Sims, then that's why. Trader Andrew was/is an NPC.

I guess I'm just a bit confused. Why would they make it so that female Sims can only marry other hero Sims? That isn't a problem for male Sims, it always chooses his home. That's rather irritating that female Sims can't keep their home.
Scholar
#6 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nataliecv
Well actually you answered it right there ChickieTeeta. If you only get asked where you want them to live if it's 2 heros Sims, then that's why. Trader Andrew was/is an NPC.

I guess I'm just a bit confused. Why would they make it so that female Sims can only marry other hero Sims? That isn't a problem for male Sims, it always chooses his home. That's rather irritating that female Sims can't keep their home.

My female merchant always marries male npc's and always stays in her own home with her NPC husband....as do all my female heroes if they happen to marry an NPC, my spy is the most recent one to marry an NPC.
I meant since you shift clicked her and she wasn't actually a part of the quest then the game might have viewed her as an NPC and not as a hero. A good way to check this out would be to do the exact same thing again with another hero. Save before you try it though, incase you get 2 heroes rabbit-holed.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 4:53 AM
I tested this one out, by having two wizards who were both npc's reassigned get married in the jacoban cathedral... it asked me if they were to live in the village (her home) or down by the docks (his home). I selected the docks, they had their nuptials and she got pg, and had the baby right by the shore next to the docks. It was cool though, because the baby got all kinds of attention from the folks that hang around there. After the usual crib time the baby became a child in the normal way too. Just for info on this.
Scholar
#8 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Silverprinz
I tested this one out, by having two wizards who were both npc's reassigned get married in the jacoban cathedral... it asked me if they were to live in the village (her home) or down by the docks (his home). I selected the docks, they had their nuptials and she got pg, and had the baby right by the shore next to the docks. It was cool though, because the baby got all kinds of attention from the folks that hang around there. After the usual crib time the baby became a child in the normal way too. Just for info on this.

It's not really testing it out since the circumstances aren't the same as the ones that led up to Nataliecv's couple becoming rabbit-holed.

I laughed at the baby being born by the docks. Cute =}
Field Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 2:10 AM
Yeah the baby at the docks actually worked out pretty well, I was not too sure of it going in.. next time I know however. I am happy that I was able to amuse someone besides myself.