Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#22276 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 12:18 PM
Elly, that's a tourist, she can't be aged like townies during birthdays, but she can be sent to college like townies.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#22277 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
That actually reminds me of a question. Is it possible to tell if a premade neighbourhood has sim references in it? Obviously not a neighbourhood that comes with sims, but can you check if an unoccupied neighbourhood has had sims played and deleted?

Yes you look at it in SimPE and look at the sim pages and the last page will have any that has been deleted. You can also look in the "Characters" folder and see if it show any sims.

Now it they also deleted the files from the "Characters" folder inside the hood folder then Hood Checker will go wild with a lot of unknowns.

You will have 1 family and some sim references because of the universal sims, so if you have more than one family or more than 7 sims references (I think) then you may have had sims deleted the wrong way and will cause corruption.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
#22278 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
Elly, that's a tourist, she can't be aged like townies during birthdays, but she can be sent to college like townies.

Thanks, mystery solved!
Field Researcher
#22279 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Perhaps I have misunderstood something here - but one does not need to install the CEP manually - it works perfectly otherwise.
If it does not, just uninstall it from your programs (control panel) and install it again. If you still have your previous download somewhere on your pc, you do not even have to download it again.

Uhh I can't download the automatic installer because last time I did it.. it gave me problems.. SERIOUS problems, I'm not going to mention it so I don't freak anyone out.

Thanks Marka
Mad Poster
#22280 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 6:14 PM
Of course if you had problems with it, it is a different story - I never experienced any, though.
Mad Poster
#22281 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 11:50 PM Last edited by gazania : 4th Sep 2015 at 9:38 PM.
I believe this is an easy answer ... and it's "Why not?"

I just made a tiny buiiding and made it a community lot. Shrank it and everything. It's a tiny coffee shop.

But now I'm wondering if I want to make a whole bunch of tiny-house residential lots (much like many players did years ago), shrink them so they appear to look almost like one lot and use this commercial lot as one of the houses. I did have the foresight (for once) to package the house unshrunk before playing it. (It was a PITA to create, though strangely, it doesn't look it.)

I do believe it won't throw the game into disarray if I decide to take the packaged unshrunk lot, load it into the game and convert it to residential, correct? The two lots will look alike, but with a bit of CC magic, I think this is not a problem.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Field Researcher
#22282 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 11:45 AM
Apart from backing up important files, is there anything I need to do before and after uninstalling a stuff pack (it's IKEA home stuff in this case and I have all the EP's including M&G).
Field Researcher
#22283 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 11:59 AM
Does the Teleporter Cat work at community lots?
Mad Poster
#22284 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 1:05 PM
Yes it does, PanAm! I've had to use it in the Uberhood Challenge to get that first acquaintance in the neighborhood met, and it's a lot more natural-seeming to force it at a community lot than at home.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#22285 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 1:46 PM
Does a mod exists to make us choose between a furnished or an unfurnished version of the house we want to buy ? Something like in TS4 ?
Mad Poster
#22286 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 1:53 PM
You can ask in WCIF, but I've never heard of one. You put the house down and make any changes you want to it, then move the sims in.

There's a cheat that lets you rent a furnished apartment, though.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#22287 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 2:37 PM
xmathyx

I don't know of one either, but if you do find one, could you let us know? I want that, too.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Lab Assistant
#22288 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 3:38 PM
Si I'm going to post in WCIF :-)
Lab Assistant
#22289 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 4:08 PM
why building is so haard? *dies*
Mad Poster
#22290 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 4:28 PM
Because you're still learning to do it. Keep at it. It gets easier with practice.

Mad Poster
#22291 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 4:30 PM
@Feestrang if you hate building then grab 1, 2 or all of my hoods without sims and use the houses out of them.

Riverside no sims: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=503756 a lot of nice houses in this one.
Old Town no sims: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=522506 maybe some of these will suit your style.
MooVille has 46 empty houses and there all made by Mootilda: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Each hood made by the Hood Building Group has no sims versions. http://modthesims.info/member.php?u=9293562

This is well over 150 different type of houses and community lots to enjoy.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#22292 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xmathyx
Does a mod exists to make us choose between a furnished or an unfurnished version of the house we want to buy ? Something like in TS4 ?

Not quite that, but the Clean Installer can now remove furniture from lots you install. So if it's a downloaded lot you could choose when installing it if you want the furniture to be there or not.

If you keep the lots as Sims2Packs instead of in your lot catalog, you could install it when you want it and decide in the situation. Remember that the game only has to restart for new CC to show up, so a lot without CC (or with CC you already have) can be installed with the game open and it'll appear if you reload the lot bin (anything that re-loads the neighbourhood screen works, so CAS/switch subhood/enter+leave lot/switch hood).

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
#22293 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 5:33 PM
Tuma, if you don't have a backup from before you added Just a SS, or don't want to use it, I suppose bulldozing one of the lots would work. For that, you would have to make it visible first using SimPE, do you have SimPE?
Space Pony
#22294 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 10:07 PM
Hi,

I once (when it was launched to seasons EP) played a lot sims2 , but during years that got forgotten, just when I saw that UC giveaway I downloaded it just in future case and only reasently had the time to get back to the game. Once upon a time I had an account here also, but I never posted anything and as it did not existed anymore I suppose it got deleted cause of inactivity

I have read this thread and the "What did you discover today while playing sims2"- thread (as I figured my my question just might have been answered with luck in that topic also) completely, I might of lost couple of pages tho. But still haven't found out an answer. So I suppose I have to ask this one, and I know it is dummy.

But here we go: I never had ACR, and not planned to start about learning to use it now, so is there any autonomous romantic interaction that sims may do without it? What could lead up to those hearts appear? Free will on, of course. The reason I ask is I started Asylum challence , and find it pretty boring, as all of my sims seemes to be good friends and enjoy cooking too much. I never play with free will on normally, so I really have no experience, that is why I ask.

I am sorry if I asked too dum question. Also sorry for my mistakes on grammar, english is not my native language.
Top Secret Researcher
#22295 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 10:55 PM
Welcome back then
Yes there is autonomous romance in the game, all the flirting and kissing and so on, but no autonomous woohoo.

However, the sims gender preferences have to be "initialized", if you want, and so if you put 8 sims from CAS in an Asylum, to have them perform autonomous actions (flirt...), you have to make them flirt with someone first, or someone has to flirt with them. It doesn't mean that they will then be interested in one gender only, but they will be "open" to romance.
If they have no visitors in the Asylum, you can just have some of them "check out" other sims, that should be enough ("flirt" menu).
Hopefully that made some sense :p
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22296 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 10:56 PM
@Kukamuukaanmuka This is the correct place and thread to ask on. Yes sims who have flirted can and will do things on there own-sometimes. The most likely sims to do so though are not romance sims but family sims. Generally they are far and away the more desperate for first kisses, fall in love and often they are the ones to make the first move. If the sims are fresh from CAS and have never flirted then you wont get anything as their romantic side has not be started or switched on. Free will does need to be on and without you miss out on a huge chunk of what the game has to offer as many things only happen with free will on.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Space Pony
#22297 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 11:09 PM
@Lili975 and joandsarah77 , Thank you for your reply

Yes I created the controllable sim on CAS and spawned the 7 others in actual lot ( as rolling their aspirations and starsings by dice in CAS would not be possible, I would of made my own choises anyway). And at the very start I did made the free will off and made all of them to check out all of them And then turned the free will back on.

I am relieft that they can do it on their own, maybe only just no matching chemistry there
Top Secret Researcher
#22298 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 11:17 PM
See, you haven't forgotten after all But yes,you can choose aspiration and astrology in CAS, you have to in fact!
You also have various randomizers that will choose for you, like this one .

Have fun with your Asylum!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22299 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 11:25 PM
Most asylum challengers were CAS sims and people used to just roll a real dice on their computer table using the legacy dice roll settings. There are randomizes but being old I prefer to use a real dice.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#22300 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 11:30 PM
You know who never spontaneously apologizes for their English? Those who are really bad at it. Non-native speakers who apologize always surprise me because I haven't noticed any errors. If we can understand what you say you're cool. Native English speakers don't always write clearly, so even if someone gets confused it's not like it's a big deal - anyone can be confusing and English is a complicated language.

When a sim has never flirted or been flirted with, the only options you'll get under "flirt" are "Check out" and "Wolf whistle." Check out another sim who has never been flirted, and both will be romantically activated with a slight gender preference suitable for the pair. This gender preference can be altered by actions over time; it's a pretty binary mechanic but it allows a certain amount of fluidity; more than most media recognize.

The action "scope room" will become available after that first flirt, allowing a sim to look around and pick out the sims they find most attractive - they will light up, you'll get a pop-up about the one the active sim thinks is the most hot, and there's a high probability that the wants panel will scramble with wants to talk to and/or ask out one or more of the attractive sims. This can lead to pairings you never would have thought of yourself.

Once activated, and under free will, some sims will become very focused and intent romantically while others are more passive or promiscuous - and not always in line with your expectations of the aspirations, either. I like to do free will in large gatherings both because it's less work for me and because it's more amusing. Romance sims with more than one lover in a group are often very slick about not being caught by either of them. Sims will also glom onto people they want and make it crystal clear who they want to spend their lives, or the night; with; and rivalries can develop independently. Just the other night I saw two girls (Knowledge and Family) competing for the attention of a Family boy while his Romance brother stood by trying to get their attention - it was hilarious! Another teen girl got spontaneously flirted by a teen boy she isn't friends with yet - she accepted the flirt, but then deftly turned the conversation to neutral subjects. If he wants her he's going to have to work for her! I was proud of her.

If in a group containing one or two of his lovers and his old friend Dixie Land, Woody Weiss was consistently spending more time playing with and exchanging dirty jokes with Dixie than doing anything at all with his lovers. But she was his best friend's sister and he seemed hesitant to do more. So I told him to fill a slow dance want on her, bringing on love and an engagement. Shortly after, one of his lovers moved into a new place and he called her for the first night outing. This is always fun and fateful with Romance sims, so I had her accept the outing - not without some trepidation, as he could as easily blow up his engagement (Dixie is one of my own favorites and I was invested in the engagement) as his other relationships. But Dixie was not in the string of lovers who came along on his outing, and he began systematically blowing up each and every one of them by flirting with all the others - without getting caught cheating by the relative of Dixie's who was also on the outing. It was masterfully done and left me in awe as well as in stitches. No matter how many wants he rolls to fall back in love with those other girls, I will never forget the commitment he displayed that night. That marriage is forever!

Free will is where they become individuals. And also where they make you fall off your chair laughing.

Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 892 of 1000