Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 7:22 AM
Default The Rosewood School for the Gifted and Talented (Story Telling School)
I've been getting really into story telling lately and thought I might like to do something that involved sending a kid off to boarding school. So, naturally, i had to make a humongous, playable boarding school. This is probably my biggest build ever (not just the lot size, but also the enormity of the building) so I'd really love some feedback before i share it.

Front

Top View

Courtyard

Field

Inside:

Entry
http://i.imgur.com/sfaUxIm.jpg
The foyer is really blah, but I wasn't sure what to do with it, since you don't really want to clutter up a space that (in the real world) would be filled with students. On either side of the front door by the stairs is a rest room.

Front Office:

Reception

Principal's Office

The office has a private bathroom.

Break Area

Additional Office

There's a second office, but they look pretty much the same, so I only included a pic of one.

Nurse

The nursing suite also has a bathroom and a room where a student could rest or I guess where a live-in nurse could sleep.

School Kitchen

Cafeteria

Classrooms

The Science/Math room

This is the speech room. The podium functions as a mirror.

The English room

Study Hall, since I had another classroom but nothing to do with it.

Library

Computer Lab

Art Room

Includes two showers in case your students catch their butts on fire while sculpting with metal.

Music Room

Shop Class

Also has several showers in case of fire.

Science Lab

Behind the science stations in the middle is the machine that raises one skill one point at a time (can't remember the name off the top of my head).

Gym

Locker Room

There are two locker rooms/bathrooms.

Rec Room 1

This one could easily be converted for a school dance.

Rec Room 2

Residential

An example of what the residential hallways look like. Rooms are only on the right; the left side faces the courtyard and has hidden room markers.

One of the student rooms. I probably went over-board by making and furnishing all of them, but I couldn't help myself. Almost all of them have two closets and they all have a bathroom.

Supervisor suite. There are two of these (one for the boys, one for the girls). They could be for teachers or "senior" students, whatever you like.

I stocked the library with all the skill books that don't require traveling to China, France, or Egypt. I didn't see a good way to include a pond, so you'd just have to read books or leave the school (on the weekends!) to build fishing skill. Are there any skills I've missed adding to the school?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 6:03 PM
First of all, I like the idea of a place where you can train ALL your skills. Maybe you could add some kind of "classic" gyms with normal equipment to train cardio and muscles (treadmill etc.). I think a small pound for fishing would look really nice in the courtyard and some plants would be nice as well.
The entrance could be a bit more imposing, you could add some columns, a bigger portal and so on, I think a similar architectural style like TS2's Academie Le Tour would fit your school perfectly. You should try different window styles for the front as well - at the moment it looks quite homogeneous. And maybe some friendly plants?
To fill your foyer, just place some vending machines, gaming machines or some other items from University.