Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 5:12 PM
Default re categorizing as upper armband or necklace.
Is there an update to CTU that allows us to recat an accessory into upper armband and necklace? Or another program that does the same? I haven't been online for some time. I hope it is possible now.
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 6:17 PM
You could clone the file with TSRW, make the changes and delete the original?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 11:05 PM
Or you can do it in S3PE - I can't check the correct flags right now, but there are two options: either S3PE will list all the different categories when you open the .package file, select the CASP resource and hit Grid, in which case you just set the one you want to "True"; or it will just give you a number, in which case you'd need to find another item with that category, and copy the number across.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 2:49 AM
Hi whiterider, I opened a package file and selected its CASP resource, but at the bottom, the Grid button cannot be clicked.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 1:00 PM
I was just about to ask this same thing, so maybe I can get it cleared out for myself too. I've got this wiki list: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_3:0x034AEECB

So does that mean that if one wants the accessory as a Necklace then the clothing type ID: 0x00000009 is supposed to be copied over something in the CASP resource? Over type, group or instance? (or something else?)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 2:39 PM
Is there a tutorial on re categorizing using sim3pe? Please post a link.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#7 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 7:28 PM
Here's a quickie tutorial with pictures by Robodl:http://lookaplumbob.blogspot.com/20...tiptourial.html

Basically just highlight the CASP, click Grid, expand the ClothingCategory (Everyday, etc. and Valid for Random, Maternity, etc.) and/or AgeGender by clicking the + next to them, and set True or False for the options you want, click Commit, save - very easy. If you don't have a Grid option or it doesn't work for CASPs, you may have an older version of s3pe.

To categorize clothing or accessories as a necklace (or anything else) click the number next to Clothing in the listing in the grid and you'll get a dropdown list of types. s3pe's list of the clothing/accessory types isn't totally up to date, but you can manually change the number to 0x00000009 (necklace) or 0x00000020 (armband). I've done this to change one body hair location to another, so it should work. (If changing to an entirely different type with a different structure, possibly there could be other problems.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 3:48 PM Last edited by jeannie4414 : 16th Aug 2011 at 4:00 PM.
I did highlight the casp, but I still can't click grid. I think I may have an outdated version. Can you please post a link where to download the new version?

edit: found the link myself.

http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...kp0&topic=189.0
Screenshots
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 7:07 PM
I don't know why that would be. I would suggest asking Inge or Peter Jones, either over at their site (the link you posted) or via PM here, since that's certainly not how S3PE usually behaves.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Sockpuppet
#10 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 1:07 AM
Wat OS are you running Jeannie?
I have the same issue's on windows 7 64bit
Try installing the 64bit version, or switch to the 32bit if you already have the 64bit
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#11 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 12:09 PM
Hmm, I use S3PE on Win7 64-bit and have not seen this issue - but have had problems with other programs so who knows?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 7:55 PM
I have used an outdated version of s3pe, that's why I can't click grid when highlighting CASP. The new version works great. Thank you so much, this is very handy for recategorizing new accessories as upper armbands and necklaces.
Sockpuppet
#13 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 10:41 PM
If you ever going to upload stuff wich is categorized as necklace or upperbracelet keep in mind people need a particular EP for the items to showup.
I for one can not view the Egyptian necklace(or clones based on it) because i dont have WA.....
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#14 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 11:13 PM
Re: what Bloom said - IMO the problem is the EP/SP ID in the first byte of the Group ID. If you change the Group ID to start with hex 00 that should make the item base game compatible. However, you also have to change the Group IDs in all the CASP links and associated files which can be a giant pain in the butt.