Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 3:44 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations
Can't get custom music to play... what to do?
Hi guys, this is pretty straightforward. How do I get custom music to play in the game? I could swear I had it in the right folder, but it won't play.

It's under Program Files/EA/Sims 3/Game Data/Shared/NonPackaged/Custom Music.

I tried putting it in that AND the Documents folder simultaneously, no change. Also tried putting it in one and not the other, still no worky.

So where do I put it? Sorry if this has been posted before by someone else, but thanks for any help you can give me.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 7:34 AM
1. Custom Music folder to work is in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
(the same root as Saves folder/ Saved sims folder, the big 4 cache files....)
2. Your music must be in mp3 files

Try moving your custom music to the right root again and check if it works.

Cheers!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 4:15 PM
So... confused. I put them in the Custom Music file under Documents? I think I tried that before. I'll try it again though, and repost whether it works or not. Thanks!
Instructor
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 7:02 PM
When you play other stations such as kids or electronica, the music is on but when you play custom music nothing come out, right?

Pls don't forget, take out your Program Files/EA/Sims 3/Game Data/Shared/NonPackaged/Custom Music and left only My documents/Custom Music.
Make sure they are in mp3.

Cheers.
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 9:10 PM
doesn't work for me. before installing the newest patch, it was possible for custom music to play, but not anymore. yes, songs are in mp3 format. yes, they're in the right folder. i know few people out there have similar problem and i also know few that tried finding a solution to this one, haven't been able to find any. just to let you know it just doesn't play. not even with WA
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Dec 2009 at 2:54 PM
Thanks, LB, I tried that, still didn't work. It'll play the custom music that came with the game, but not my music. The songs came off my MP3 player, so yes, they're in MP3 format. Still won't play. Sigh.
Test Subject
#7 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 6:30 PM
I don't know if this is too late but I found a solution on my game. I, too, experienced the "no custom music" bug and couldn't understand why. It had worked previously without any trouble. The only thing I had done was to buy a more expensive stereo. I believe it is called the stacked or something like that. When I downgraded for another stereo the music was back. Perhaps it is the stereo in question that is causing the problems. Hope this helps.