Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#301 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 4:37 AM
Great thread. I'll have to take some time and read through all 12 pages. I'd like to find a new world to play.

Maybe I'm really picky because I've only ever found one world that looked interesting enough to download. Niua Simoa by Kiwi_Tea
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#302 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 6:15 AM Last edited by tiffyandthewall : 16th Nov 2011 at 1:30 AM.
I've just downloaded a custom world for the first time ever. After reading everything on here so far, I was deciding between Harmony, Redcliffs, Moon Base Delta, and Grey Meadow Island. I ended up downloading Redcliffs only because that was one of the first custom worlds I'd ever seen, and always said that if I were to download one, it would be that one.
I haven't gotten around to playing it in earnest yet, but I have started it, and it does look wonderful. My computer is a rickety old piece of junk though, and I'm having some lagging issues. However, I suspect that if my computer were a bit better (or maybe I had less CC in general?) it would would work very well. The townies are cute, too. Sadly no back stories, but very cute nonetheless.

I'm absolutely loving this post. I've been meaning to start one to ask for recommendations, but I'm a grade A procrastinator, so I'm quite grateful that this one exists.

Right now, I'm crossing my fingers in hopes of someone posting a steampunk themed world. I imagine the lag would be ridiculous (on my computer), but it's something to dream of for sure.
Forum Resident
#303 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 11:58 AM
This Korean creator Lyu have many tiny, cute islands for download, I have been very open about downloading custom worlds lately, I think I could blame Twallan Traveller for my sim's million simoleons debt with those too frequent exotic vacations.
http://blog.naver.com/PostList.nhn?...06&categoryNo=9
Instructor
#304 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 5:52 PM
Queenstown is lovely, but there are two problems: it has way too many icons in map view and is really crowded, and living in the valley makes it super hard to do anything in the city. However, both Disko Island and Jericho (on the Creator Feedback thread) look like good worlds that I will download.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Field Researcher
#305 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 7:55 PM
Red Desert, hands down. There are only a few houses and one community lot to start off with, but it's great if you want to mess around with putting whatever you want in your neighborhood.
Plus I love Southwestern Deserts.
Lab Assistant
#306 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 12:54 PM
Anyone recommend a new world for me? My favorite pre-made world is Riverview but it's way to small for my tastes, I also like the new one that came with Pets but it's to rural for me. While I want a neighborhood with a rural feel I also want some skyscraper apartments and for a run-down industrial area where they won't feel to out of place. Lately I've been playing a version of Longview II but it's starting to get old. I haven't played sense Pets came out because I haven't felt like removing and/or re-dling my CC that Pets broke and the fix I did (followed the steps here) didn't fix everything. Thinking about doing it now and playing again but want a new hood. I've been waiting for Simnium Arx to be released but it's been in the works for a while. Anyone... requirements: Large world, rural area/feel (for farmers and horse racing), city feel, large, not an island, has atleast the basic spawners in place already. I'd like one that's pre-populated, but it's not a requirement.
Theorist
#307 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 1:00 PM
^^ Sounds like Seacrest, which should be out quite soon.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Forum Resident
#308 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 1:14 PM
I downloaded Everything Island which seemed beautiful but it LAGGED like I don't know what. I really want a new neighbourhood that is on the small side with some night life; not necessarily high-rises, but just bars and clubs. Can anyone recommend anything?
Field Researcher
#309 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 1:52 PM
Downloaded recently Shearwater from Simsample and Modern Tale City from Kooll. Also downloaded Sunset Valley second edition and Fresh Prince's Vice City, although it's a beta.
Shearwater and Modern Tale seems quite good.
Theorist
#310 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 3:11 PM
Anne Arbor from MySimsRealty is my favorite.
Field Researcher
#311 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 2:15 PM
Great thread, thanks! I love playing custom worlds and are always looking for new ones.

The one I find myself playing most is Aspen Islands by Muiki.
Initially it seemed a bit intimidating as it is humongous, but it runs beautifully, it has lots of space, different areas and it is really easy to place extra lots.
I have it populated with my own sims now and I love playing it!

I also downloaded Jericho by Simsample recently and I think it is wonderfull.
It is a more manageable size and I like the new Jericho/ old Jericho contrast.
Sadly since I've downloaded it I've had house guests so I've only spent about a sim week playing the town, so far it is great!
Instructor
#312 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 6:25 PM
So far I am totally LOVING Glendalough over at GOS!

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Eminence Grise
#313 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 9:18 PM
Jericho is fantastic, IMO. Tons of detail, tons of depth... lots of hidden surprises and implied stories. And it has more interesting weather/skies than any other world I've seen.
Field Researcher
#314 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 1:20 PM Last edited by opiumgirl : 8th Jan 2012 at 9:24 PM.
So I got curious enough to download Moon Base Delta and Coconut Isle.
Both look great and it is quite a change for me to play small worlds so I'm very exited.
I loaded Coconut Isle, made a family and moved them in and two minutes into my game it quits to desktop

I know it is a Beta but I really could cry! This has never happened to me ever!
For now I'm going to choose to think of it as a one time error and try loading it again, since I have absolutely no idea what might be causing my game to die on me

* It is fixed! I'm so happy!
I have been playing Coconut Isle and boy, do I love it!

It is such an amazing world, the laid back vibe, the natural beauty the interesting secrets, everything really.
I find myself putting the camera on follow and just strolling down the street.
Apart from the eyecandy, my favourite thing about the island is the pace, everything happens slowly and leisurely.

It really feels like a beach town. My sims don't even own shoes.
I love it! Thank you so much for the suggestion and the link!
Lab Assistant
#315 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 2:03 PM
Sad news. KayPapagei confirmed, over on the sims3 forums, that Simnium Arx is dead. I don't know about anyone else, but that was the one world I was most looking forward to playing in.
Field Researcher
#316 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 10:11 PM
Currently I'm playing DryGulch by richdre (http://s4.zetaboards.com/Worlds_by_...opic/9352160/1/)

I adore it; there's no lag, I can see sims running around everywhere, and it really feels western. It's my favorite world by far right now.

Despite richdre saying he was unable to put down more lots in edit town mode, I was able to put down more lots, so I added a few more houses. I also reworked some of the main street lots a bit, and added a few of the Rabbithole Doors here and there. Finally, I added ani_'s The Working SIm Bed mod to the hotel, and turned it into a combination brothel/night club.

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Forum Resident
#317 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tilarium
Sad news. KayPapagei confirmed, over on the sims3 forums, that Simnium Arx is dead. I don't know about anyone else, but that was the one world I was most looking forward to playing in.

It's really really sad to hear that, I have been waiting for it since I saw that thread on the forum, I was hoping he could release at least the beta. The part he has done is already very amazing...so disappointing that they are all wiped out...
Theorist
#318 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 6:43 PM
Has anyone tried Mount Saint Michel yet?
I didn't even know this was in production. It's gorgeous, apart from the mainland coast being a bit sparse, but I'm working on that right now.

http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/201...-ggoyamcom.html

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Instructor
#319 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 6:52 PM
I am loving Mount Saint Michel! It is gorgeous, although the colors are a bit austere. Has anyone tried Winchester Farming Community from MySimsRealty? It is beautiful, although the one complaint I would have is that the houses look very similar to houses in other SimsRealty neighborhoods. No lag though, and beautiful landscaping!

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Scholar
#320 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Has anyone tried Mount Saint Michel yet?
I didn't even know this was in production. It's gorgeous, apart from the mainland coast being a bit sparse, but I'm working on that right now.

http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/201...-ggoyamcom.html

Surprisingly accurate, too, from the look of it.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Mad Poster
#321 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 5:12 AM
Great Bear is also very nice. I've been using it as a travel destination, and it's great for outdoor Sims who want to camp. It also have some real nice bars.
Scholar
#322 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 1:52 AM
I like Jericho alot. Real nice.
Forum Resident
#323 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 2:51 AM
Setra Setra Setra has become one of my favorite worlds, it's so beautiful and it has everything.
Scholar
#324 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 4:32 AM
Aspen Islands is the perfect Sims 3 world. PERFECT, I tell you.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Test Subject
#325 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 7:08 PM
I like Setra (large world),but I prefer medium worlds rather than large worlds for my PC Spec.
Legacy Island is my favorite world.
This world is very useful for me.
Page 13 of 42