Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 2:12 PM
Default Is it possible to set up textures/colors by manual?
I made a new mesh clothing by using CTU and MorphMaker. But I can't set up some textures with CTU. I tried several ways to solve this but I couldn't.
Impossible textures are ' nautical01Sml_4' and 'floralRoses01Med_4'. (please take a look attached pics.)
I noticed, these passes are wrong?? So I've changed the pass by manual. And the correct texture showed up in game but I couldn't change those preset-colors....

Can I change textures/color by manual or other way? Or is there any solution?
I've already created previews for upload(!), but I'm trapped in this problem for a long time. Please help me. Thanks in advance.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 2:30 PM
I do not understand what you mean with passes.
Maybe you should change your tiling Tamo, I only use even numbers 4.0000 or 8.0000 or 12.0000 myself.
Sockpuppet
#3 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 2:50 PM
i dont understand either wat your problem is.....
The patterns dont show correct in CAS?

Edit,
looking at the screenshot i see you tried to change the tiling on the floral pattern wich wont have effect ingame as the patterns are linked to the default ones.
You should include a custom pattern with the tiling you want.(and relinked)
I have done this with TSRW but no idea how to do it with CTU but i am sure there is a tutorial arround.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 3:37 PM
Thanks, Coco. BloomsBase.
Put simply, my problems is can not to set up rose and lighthouse patterns by using CTU.
Only these two patterns don't show correct in CAS/Game.

I meant to say 'Filename'. See the second picture.
I've choose 'floralRoses01Med_4(rose one)', but Filename was 'Materials\Fabric\weaveLight01Med_weave', and incorrect pattern showed up in game.
So I thought this is the cause. Then I changed from 'weaveLight01Med_weave' to 'floralRoses01Med_4' by manual. And showed up the correct pattern, but I still can't change preset-colors. I don't know why....

Tiling is no problems so far. Maybe 5 and 7 is not best scale, but it's okay.
Sockpuppet
#5 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 4:46 PM
Untick the linking box and clear your caches before rebooting the game.
Other then that i wouldn't know(i cant recall i ever had them not showing up in CAS.)
If you can not figure it out upload the file?
Inventor
#6 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 10:13 PM
Tamo, do you mean you've already made the file/package with CTU and now want to change the used patterns by opening the package with S3pe?
I've never done that, sorry, I simply remake the package. You can open CTU 2 times so you can use the old colors and patterns if you want.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 4:18 PM Last edited by tamo : 5th Sep 2011 at 4:34 PM.
Bloom: Rebuilt the package again, unticked the linking box and cleared my caches. But the result is the same.
I upload the file. (I've changed "Filename" of this)
Thanks.

Coco: Thanks. Yes, I've already made the file that contains the finished mesh, and I want to set up patterns for it. But those two patterns don't show correct for some reason. I've tried thousand times but I couldn't set up correct colors with CTU. So I'm anxious to know the way if it's possible to change the used patterns by S3PE or anything.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  tamo_AF_Outfit_VFCD_Test_001.zip (1.03 MB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
Sockpuppet
#8 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 5:20 PM Last edited by BloomsBase : 5th Sep 2011 at 6:21 PM.
Oh, I remember.....
Those patterns dont showup correct in CTU but they will in CAS and ingame
Coco even had the same issues some time ago

Changing the colors on the patterns itself you can do with CTU by clicking on them
The reason the patterns dont showup correctly when you reopen the package again with CTU could be due the mask.dds
That texture has a diffrent channel setup as the ones the game uses, channel red should be completly white.

Edit,
Changing the mask channel doesn't fix the problem.......
I reloaded the correct pattern on the outfit and tried to change the colors using your thumbnail

Did you let the game generate the thumbs and edited them?
If so the best thing you can do next time you use those patterns is to leave CTU open the very first time you create the package.
You boot up the game, let it generate the thumbs, exit the game and extract the thumbs, edit them and add them to your package again in CTU.
You then can use save as again and pattern/colors and thumb will be the same

Edit,
There is definatly something wrong, i cant change the color either watever i try
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#9 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 6:18 PM
Bloom is right - this looks like a glitch in CTU; when it reopens the package the patterns don't show up correctly. It looks to me like these patterns are made up of one pattern image overlaid on a background pattern, which would explain why the Name is what you expect but the Filename is different - I think that's the name of the background. When CTU opens the package it's only showing the background pattern.

I also tried just changing the colors in CTU and saving. I saw some changes in CAS but it didn't come out right. Is that the problem you're having, that you can't get the color exactly how you want? How did you get your thumbnails?

The patterns and colors are defined in the CASP, in the xml chunks. In theory at least you could extract the xmls using s3pe, edit the HSV values that define the colors, and import the xml back in. However, I can't figure out how all four colors of these patterns are defined since there seem to be only two colors in Pattern C.

Edit: Possibly that's the problem? CTU doesn't recognize or isn't handling the case of two overlaid patterns so it's only changing the colors for one of them?
Screenshots
Sockpuppet
#10 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 6:38 PM
I think its best to start over as the TGI links in the GEOM files are also diffrent(comments in the meshes should be the same(for each lod)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 1:45 PM
Thanks so much, Bloom and Cmar.
Oh, I got it. It's sort of beyond my control. Well, I guess I'd better give up these patterns. I'm afraid so.

And my thumbnails are simply made from in-game screen shot. I just set up those colors in CAS (not preset), and took a shot and made them before I face this problems.
And then, really thanks for the lecture, Cmar. That's the one I really wanted to know. I've checked my file and found these lines. Now I became a little bit wiser
Sockpuppet
#12 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 3:43 PM
You could try TSRW?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 6:03 PM
Yeah, I've tried TSRW in several ways. But didn't succeed.
First, TSRW couldn't open my file made with CTU + MorphMaker.
I made a random file using those patterns with TSRW. I was going to create new file with CTU & MorphMaker based on this TSRW package. But it couldn't. CTU warned 'Key is not in the correct format!' and couldn't open. Anyway something like that.

Maybe I should create new file from scratch with TSRW? But I don't want to do. Because TSRW has unforeseen problem at body mesh.
(Once, I've asked about normal problem at TSRW forum >> this post. And YOU helped me a lot, Bloom. Really thank you for always!)