Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 5:02 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Can't access home, can't view complete neighbourhood
I have a problem. And I have no idea what caused it. Okay, maybe I have an idea WHAT, but no idea how that even is possible.

What happened?

For more community options without as many restrictions (like clubs, bars and discos tend to have) I wanted to create another hangout in my town. Another reason was, because I got Arsil's Stand Up Comedy override mod, that works with Esmeralda's Microphone and I didn't want to have to edit all my clubs, plus they don't get that much clientele, since I deleted most of the original families. Because. For reasons. ^^"

Neighbourhood is Bridgeport, by the way, Patch 1.67, Ambitions, Late Night, ShowTime, High end loft stuff.

Anyway. I went and created a hangout. Placed a lot, marked it community, hangout, went to build, added a small building with a juice bar and some games that's supposed to work as a café, a podium with the microphone, and lots of tables with chairs outside. It doesn't have direct access to the street, but I guessed that didn't matter, since it let me place the lot and the building and everything.

When I was satisfied with my creation, I closed the town editor and went back to play.

Since then I am experiencing this problem:

I can't access my homes of ANY of my households... okay I can access them in the sense of opening them and play with the Sims, but I have a limited view of the home itself. It only lets me see the apartment from a far view and won't show my furniture at all, although my sims can actually use it, and won't let me change the view of the walls. No matte how many times I click I can't access the cut view or walls down view. When I scroll to a closer view, it will only show me the wall, not my sims. And in town view I can't move up and down. It won't let me, the screen just keeps jumping. I see only the middle of the town. It lets me rotate around, so I can access a slightly wider view, but going over the bridge is just not doable. And it's not just the household that was active, but all of them.

Mind you, this is my first time creating a hangout, or even a community lot of any type, but I never had problems with editing my neighbourhood. I deleted houses, replaced families, added custom houses...

And yes, I have a lot of custom content, but it never did this. The Stand Up comedy mode didn't do it either, cause my Sim went back home after I tried it and it was fine, from what I remember. But ever since I did that hangout, my town and households are completely messed up. Technically, the game works, which is why I am posting this in the glitches, but became pretty much unplayable, unless my sims spend their entire lives on the street. It's also highly improbably my OS does this, because it's all compatible (Win 7, more than enough RAM) and as I said, it all worked just fine until now. It might be something I did, or didn't do, something I didn't know was important when creating a community lot, or I am just a very unlucky person, I have no idea.

Help?

(Also, I haven't played the game since, so I have no idea how it looks after a few days, but I'd rather be prepared if it still insists of being a pain in the a*s.)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 7:28 PM
Have you tried playing a different world?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mold
Have you tried playing a different world?

No, not yet. After hell went down I just closed the game and stayed away from it. Had an exam and no patience to deal with my sims going into their rebellious age. Will poke that though, thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 11:08 AM
So, yesterday I finally got around to try solve that. I ended up chasing the folder through Delphy's Dash and it turned out I had two Sim 2 packages, that never acted up before. While it would be interesting to find out how the game even worked while they were there (for approx a month?), I think that's one of the answer I'd rather not know. I removed those and left the mods folder alone after that, started the game to see if anything had changed. It worked. I still have no idea what sparked it, but it works now, so... It's all good.

Thank you for everyone's help! ^^ This can go to solved now. (When I figure out how to do that)
Inventor
#6 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 12:17 PM
This probably doesn't apply to Sims 2 packages, but here's an example of a bugged CAS object that could screw up the game after a while.

Let's say the clothing or accessory has the "valid for random" flag set as true. The game may run fine for a while but when that item is randomly
assigned to a newly created Sim it may damage the game.