Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 11:33 PM
Default How can I recolor a rabbithole building (bookstore etc) ?
I've looked thru all the pages in this section and searched the site and cannot find this question anywhere. I wantto "repaint/texture" some of the buildings like the bookstore, theatre, grocery store, etc, so that they match better with my more modern beach world but it wont let me. Any ideas?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 11:45 PM
Well I use TSR's workshop.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/workshop

Once downloaded go into new, object, sort by type, community, and then there is a list of all the rabbit holes, it's then just a matter of replacing the textures and packaging into the game.

For more info, go here- http://wiki.thesimsresource.com/ind...hrough:_Objects

Hope that helped :D
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 24th Jun 2010 at 11:46 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 11:54 PM
Thank you for answering so quickly. I downloaded the program. It looks a little complicated; a lot to learn! I have downloaded some of the tutorials. There is plenty of information right here on this sight. So I am on my way to having a Florida Beach World! Thank you again!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 12:47 AM
Moving to Object Creation since this can't be done in Build Mode.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 11:31 PM
Default Im So Frustrated!
All I want to do is recolor the town buildings. The one's used as rabbit holes. I just want them to look green, for my Emerald City. The TSR workshop is so confusing and I've read through many tutorials but it seems so complicated for the simple task I am trying to achieve! I have NO textures in TSR workshop and I have no idea how to get them and I certainly can't make them myself. Help!
Alchemist
#7 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 11:39 PM
So are you just wanting to get EA's textures and make them green and then reimport them into your package?

I've seen the TSRW tutorial for recoloring paintings and I don't blame you for thinking that process is overly complicated. Recoloring with that tool is like a 30 step process. Using S3PE is much easier for this application IMO.
Test Subject
#8 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 11:47 PM
Yes that's basically what I would like to do. I am no where near creative enough to create my own buildings. The EA ones are fine, I'd just like them to be "green". Like in the game, how you are able to click on an object and drag the color wheel to green in CAS. I wish it were that simple, but town objects are not re-colorable in the game.
Alchemist
#9 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 11:57 PM
It looks like basically all you have to do is clone the building using s3oc, extract the textures with s3pe, change them in your editor so they're green, import them back into your object package with s3pe, and install into the game.

If you're unfamiliar with recoloring an EA object with the tools here I wrote a tutorial on how to recolor a painting. You'd do the exact same thing for a building except I think the IMG's you want to recolor are named whateverbuildingyou'rerecoloring_lodblah.

The part using the tools will take you about 2 minutes to master. Turning an EA texture green so it looks good might take a little longer
Test Subject
#10 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 11:59 PM
Thank you for your help!
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 4:26 AM
I've decided that this is SO FAR beyond what I can do. I don't even have Photoshop or anything. And all the numbers etc. are just plain confusing. Think maybe I'll leave modding to the pro's Know anyone who would be interested in taking a request to do up some buildings in green for me? I wish MTS would do a Oz/Wicked themed contest/challenge!!