Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 6th Jul 2012 at 11:19 AM
Yeah you are right about the normalmaps... bleagh!!!

I'm confused.. are they not stored as _IMG in the new package? I can't identify the map for the car_sedan - there are 4 dds files, but which one to edit? Could I send you my "Ex-taxi" package for verification?
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#27 Old 6th Jul 2012 at 11:59 AM
TSRW never does include the images unless you have updated them.(thats a good thing imo)
You find the normalmap in the Meshtab, under materials.
Delete all lines with normalmap in it.

Also open the extra materials from the lights, there is a link in there too.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 6th Jul 2012 at 12:36 PM
Thanks, that did the trick... now my "Yomoshoto Evasion 4-door" (CarSedan) and my "Wornado Triage XL" (CarHatchback lengthened to Station wagon size) look like they should.

With the van I was inherently lucky, it does not use a normalmap by default.
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#29 Old 6th Jul 2012 at 1:06 PM
the normalmaps usually give detail to the cars wheels(exept the taxi sign), i always delete them as i often add custom wheels:
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 6:09 AM
wow! With these wheels/rims this ride actually looks great.
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#31 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 12:35 PM
ye, rims make the car
Test Subject
#32 Old 8th Dec 2013 at 8:19 PM
so... Hello all Im kinda new around here and I've been interested in making a car mod myself, actually the BTTF delorean to be exact, I found a model for one.. but im all thumbs after that I couldn't quite follow the instructions given.. (( I have no experience with modding btw))
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#33 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 12:04 AM
Starting with a vehicle without any modding experience isn't something i recommend..
FP made one, you might settle for that one?
http://www.freshprincecreations.com...eanDMC12ts3.htm
Page 2 of 2