Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 4:39 AM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 23rd Mar 2016 at 4:49 AM.
Default Converting floor light to ceiling light (footprint?)
Hi there,

I've tried looking for tutorials on how to modify an object's footprint[?] (e.g. the tiles it occupies on the ground), and it's physical presence toward Sims. I haven't been successful in finding some.

So here's the issue. There's these Maxis floor lamps that I'd like to convert into ceiling lamps for a TV studio lot. I've been successful in adjusting the meshes. The idea is that the lamp occupies a two-floor height. Here's a picture of the lamp (along with others in the background, near the yellow wall):
The regular lamp occupies a 1x1 tile area. What's circled below is the old footprint. The problem I have is that Sims go around the object rather than under it. If I place too many of these lamps, Sims will be going around and around for no reason.

I was thinking of cloning a ceiling lamp, but I don't know how to modify the ceiling lamp's light files in order to make this studio ceiling lamp work.

I would appreciate help on learning how to fix this footprint issue. Or if it's easier to just modify the lighting files, help on that would be appreciated too.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 1:39 PM
The best thing to do is clone an object that matches what your intended mesh is for.

The easiest thing to do at this point would be allow object/person intersection at this point.

http://hugelunatic.com/?p=192
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 3:16 AM
Thanks for the tip HugeLunatic. I'll be looking into that tonight.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!