Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#151 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 10:45 PM
Claustrophobic, anger issues, um...I don't know what else. And my brother's autistic.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? The world may never (falling anvil drops on head)
Advertisement
Banned
#152 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 7:52 AM
Please no hate, but I have a phobia of overly religious people and things. It's not that I'm Satanic and can't deal with seeing a cross, but those huge -- almost cultish -- religions scare me. A lot.
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 11:34 AM
I have a few "fears" but I consider some of them to be more like 'uncomfortable situations/feelings' rather than fears.

1) A fear of driving:
___This "fear" as I guess you could call it, stems from the fact that I tend to be more sensitive to extensions of my physical self (as I have come to understand it). For example: when most people pick up a broom, they feel them having a broom in their hand, and that's where it ends. The feeling of the physical self doesn't extend beyond their skin. However, some people (myself included) have a tendency to feel beyond our skin. When we pick up a broom, we feel the broom. We feel it as if it were an extension of our physical selves.
___In my case, the same goes with driving a car. The smaller the vehicle, the more comfortable I am with it, because it takes up less space and isn't as questionable with its control. An ATV or a bicycle, for example, is a very simple and small extension of the self, so it's more comfortable and easy to be a part of. A small car, is a bit bigger and a bit more uncomfortable to work with because it is much more likely to have a mind of its own etc. And then a truck is much larger and much more daunting.
___I'm planning on practicing driving soon so that I can become comfortable with it... but at 18, I SHOULD already have a better grasp of how to drive than I already do. Granted I can get from point A to point B if I absolutely have to... but it's still a very uncomfortable feeling.

2) A fear of losing things : and to match, a fear of attachment.
___I have a dreadful fear of losing people I truly love. It's rare that I come across a human that I feel is worth giving my heart to. Don't get me wrong, I respect and love all human life, but I mean on a much deeper, personal level. I rarely make strong, true friends because I'm afraid of losing them. So in the same sense, I'm afraid of attaching to people and actually growing strong bonds. Both of those fears come from the fact that so so many times in the past, I have either been left by people I loved, been hurt by people I loved or had to leave people I loved.

3) A fear of sharp objects in the hands of others:
___I cannot STAND being next to someone who has a sharp object in their hands, be it a knife, a needle or sometimes even a pen if the person is being stupid!!! I don't know where it comes from or why... but I can't help but hide from all sharp objects until they're in my hands. I can wield a knife, I can sew a shirt... but the moment someone comes close to me with a knife etc... I cower, hide, flinch, pause or move away quickly. My bf has to take shots on a regular basis, and for the first few months of us being together, I couldn't be in the same room as him sometimes!!!

4) A fear of encountering my family:
___This fear is very easily explained... I'm 18, and in May of 2011, not too long after I turned 18, I dropped out of high school and left my entire family behind. I have my reasons, and they are reason enough. However, I'm not getting into those... Regardless, I know full-well that my family is very angry at me for having left and I pretty much know that they would take that anger out on me if ever we were to meet again... and some of the places I go, I know my family still goes as well... so I'm always on the look out and always scouting places when I go out because I'm afraid someone from my family, or someone who is close to my family will see me.........
_
_
_
_
That's pretty much it for my fears......

Check out my YouTube channels! Click Here
Lab Assistant
#154 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 5M0K3
Please no hate, but I have a phobia of overly religious people and things. It's not that I'm Satanic and can't deal with seeing a cross, but those huge -- almost cultish -- religions scare me. A lot.

That's perfectly normal... they scare some of their own followers. So you're fine there :3 And trust me, if anyone sees you as 'satanic' for having such a fear, they themselves are just a part of those big messes. :3

Check out my YouTube channels! Click Here
#155 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 5:36 PM
Cockroaches... it's one of my biggest failings

Scholar
#156 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 8:54 AM
Dust. Phobia of dust. DUSTOPHOBIA.

Hey there! :)
Mad Poster
#157 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 9:05 AM Last edited by KKiryu007Joker : 27th Jan 2012 at 1:53 AM.
Mine is a fear of roller coasters (veloxrotaphobia, fear of getting on one, aeroacrophobia, fear of up high places, and finally acrophobia, fear of heights.) All those phobias combine with each other for a fear of roller coasters.

(Who disagreed with me?)

I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT.
Field Researcher
#158 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 10:49 AM
Sciophobia Sciaphobia- Fear of shadows. More specifically, a fear of shadows in a dark room. I can stand a dark room - darkness doesn't scare me, its the shadows movements in the darkness that scare me. I can happily walk around a dark house or room, but if there is a shadowy movement I get well scared! I can usually work around it, it mostly gets to me when I'm in an unfamilar place. My friends cannot understand why I always opt to go home instead of staying at their place overnight, and they will never know why! Last friend I let know tried to pull pranks on me, none worked of course because they didn't grasp the fact its shadows, not darkness.

Oh Noes Not Another Blog! - where you can see my awful custom content and horrible attempts at challenges, storytelling and picture taking.
Not much up there right now, this is only the beginning! :D
Banned
#159 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 1:51 AM
I am also afraid of eyes.
Test Subject
#160 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 2:58 AM
I have this odd phobia of blinking lights in pitch black darkness. It gives me the feeling of being watched. I am also arachnophobic.
Field Researcher
#161 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 6:46 AM
-death
these connect with the phobia of death: driving and being struck by lightning

-getting old (kinda connects with death too but it's not the only reason)...this is why I hate my bday which is coming up -.-
-not getting the job/career I want and being unemployed for what seems like forever
Test Subject
#162 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 2:44 PM
Water, heights, and I have really bad performance anxiety. Doesn't help that I'm a musician
Test Subject
#163 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 2:55 PM
getting stuck in an elevator!
Instructor
#164 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 4:40 PM
I am told 'fear of public speaking' is called social anxiety. I have never enjoyed public speaking, and would be willing to bet many have this phobia. But that's mine. I hate speaking in public.
Test Subject
#165 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 3:54 AM
The dark, I'm so scared of it, I have to sleep in complete light. I also have lilapsophobia, which is fear of tornadoes or hurricanes.
Field Researcher
#166 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 8:15 PM
Ancraophobia and the dark

i rock! oh yeah
Test Subject
#167 Old 1st Feb 2012 at 4:10 AM
Total darkness makes me feel faint D:
Lab Assistant
#168 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 6:36 PM
Achluophobia,Claustrophobia, Taphophobia, Trypanophobia, Entomophobia, Murophobia, Ornithophobia(pigeons mostly)...and I think that's it.

Been downloading like crazy...so many great creators here! Neglecting forums...will be back soon...ish.
Top Secret Researcher
#169 Old 3rd Feb 2012 at 5:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KKiryu007Joker
Mine is a fear of roller coasters (veloxrotaphobia, fear of getting on one, aeroacrophobia, fear of up high places, and finally acrophobia, fear of heights.) All those phobias combine with each other for a fear of roller coasters.

(Who disagreed with me?)

My mom has a fear of high places. In fact, she was driving up a pass, and she stopped in the middle of the road, my mom was doing well, until she realized we were going a huge mountain. My aunt had to come back and help us..

I do have: Nyctophobia (Fear of the Dark) I swear sometimes I see things hiding in the corner of my room. So I shine my iPod light around my room for about 10 minutes, then I generally fall asleep. But that's only sometimes, its not an everyday thing. But when it happens, I go into a panic attack mode...

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Instructor
#170 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 1:52 PM
The dark.
Cockroaches and beetles.
Silence.
Teenagers.
Women.
Pregnancy.
Making eye contact with anyone, including friends/family.
Parties or other social gatherings.
Large crowds.
Being wrapped up (like in a blanket or sleeping bag).
Asymmetry.
Large bodies of water.
Pools more than 5ft deep.
Two+ story houses.
Eating anything that I don't cook myself.
Guns.
Dolls.
Heights.
Amusement park rides.
Angler fish.
Cave crickets.

That's not even a quarter of them. ;-; I'm a scaredy cat.

Quote: Originally posted by Nevermore Raven
I do have: Nyctophobia (Fear of the Dark) I swear sometimes I see things hiding in the corner of my room. So I shine my iPod light around my room for about 10 minutes, then I generally fall asleep. But that's only sometimes, its not an everyday thing. But when it happens, I go into a panic attack mode...

That happens to me, too. I can't even sleep alone or without a light and white noise.
I wake my husband up constantly, crying or freaking out from a panic attack caused by the dark. Reading creepy pasta before bed doesn't help, and my brain always picks the BEST times to remember some of the creepier ones I've read. ^^;
Test Subject
#171 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 3:05 AM
- Tentacles
- Shopping carts behind me
- Movie theater bathrooms
Alchemist
#172 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 12:19 PM
Being around lots of people, I always feel observed :/

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#173 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 5:14 PM
Thunderstorms, the dark, and a fear of people talking about me.

I'm 15, and I'm terrified of severe weather- funny that I used to love watching Storm Chasers when I was small. But hearing a tornado warning for real scared me and made me afraid of all severe weather. I will panic- like feel like ducking under a desk if I'm at school if I even hear thunder. People used to joke with me about it (I'm fine with it, as long as it isn't hurtful) but it got worse as I got older.
Top Secret Researcher
#174 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 5:22 PM
Oh My God, my Phobia is Deep Water, which is weird because Heights don't scare me at all.

And I found this funny comic:

http://basicinstructions.net/storag...N=1322748655807

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Instructor
#175 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 12:04 AM
I fear cockroaches and excessive filth.

I don't get why so many Simmers hate Marsha Bruenig. She actually grows up to be quite pretty if you allow her to.
Page 7 of 13