Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FordGT90Concept
This app will automatically identify what patches are available and which patches your install needs:
http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=124490

Just don't post it on EA's site because they hate programs that work better than theirs.

I love this thing!
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 6:08 PM
I'm glad you like it. It's so depressing seeing how many people are having problems patching on TS3 forum and I can't post that easy fix. So, so, depressing.

Rather, I wish EA would fix their own damn problems (EADM and LAA). I fixed both of them in less than a day and they can't figure it out in over a year. Dispicable AND depressing.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 6:46 PM
Does anyone know if awesomemod still works as it should with this new patch?

formerly known as DollyL
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#54 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 6:49 PM
I hear he has already updated/checked/whichever and it's good to go. Just check his download thread to see if you have to get it again.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 7:28 PM
I find it hilarious that some random schmuck is able to fix bugs better than EA themselves. It's... pathetic, really.
Test Subject
#56 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
There are Supercomputer and Story Progression updates already, for Twallanites

He is REALLY good

~M~
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 8:46 PM
Ditto to the two above me.
And Omg I love the link, thanks!
*Tear*
FINALLY.

I didntt mind playing, but it made me sad I couldnt play Twallans mods... and a few tuning files.
lol

Edit: It just updated my sims 3... Apparently my WA was 2 updates behind for some reason O_o
Now its updating to the most recent WA... ;D

Edit again: I just seen Ford was the creator. Thanks alot dude!@ :D
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 9:38 PM
this has fudged up my laptop after installing this patch i can even run the game =[ i have all stuff and ex packs and i dont want to reinstall them again
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 9:41 PM
I didn't bother updating to the new patch, since I don't have any expansions packs, and I haven't noticed any problems. I figured if my game was working for me even with all my custom content. I'm not going to take a chance and mesh it up. I just wait and see what everybody is saying.
Scholar
#60 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rafa323
Edit: It just updated my sims 3... Apparently my WA was 2 updates behind for some reason O_o
Now its updating to the most recent WA... ;D

It is capable of incremental patching but it always installs as few patches as possible pending on availablity. Currently, the most patches it would require is 3 in the base game. On HELS and Ambitions, it will currently make it current in just one patch. WA may require 2.

Quote: Originally posted by rafa323
Edit again: I just seen Ford was the creator. Thanks alot dude!@ :D

No problem. I'm working on another app that combines a bunch of things but progress on it is slow (the things I want to do aren't easy to do like stop the flickering while downloading).
Field Researcher
#61 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 10:57 PM
Ford, if you need testers for your new app, I'm game.

My launcher is still telling me my game is up to date so I will using your Patch Downloader, thank you.
Scholar
#62 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 11:15 PM
i got the manual update...i never use the launcher for updates anymore.....it works....
Field Researcher
#63 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 11:22 PM
I always update manually but I'm was annoyed that the launcher is registering my game as patched. NAY for the launcher. YAY for creators.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 11:34 PM
For the people wondering if reinstalling CAW fixes the problem: it did for me. I wasn't able to open CAW after installing Ambitions. But I updated my game today, noticed CAW wasn't still working, so I then proceeded to uninstalling it, re-downloading it from the EA site and re-installing. It worked. Walla, I'm playing with CAW right now
Theorist
#65 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 12:48 AM
FordGT90Concept, just to let you know.
I was already using CFF on all 4 exe's, but your app said SP01 wasn't expanded, so I enabled it.
I noticed that after enabling LAA on HELS with your app, I couldn't patch that exe afterwards, the problem was defiantely the SP01.exe according to the problem text.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Scholar
#66 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 1:18 AM
I'd recommend clicking on "Reset LAA" before patching or if there is a problem patching. Once the patches are all installed, click on "Force LAA" to set them all back to true.

I didn't think the patches cared about the LAA bit but apparently, some do. I might have to make it automatically un-LAA before installing and re-apply it if it was previously set to true. Of course, that automatic LAA switch would only occur when using automatic install.
Field Researcher
#67 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 1:39 AM Last edited by grillcheesesammich : 10th Jul 2010 at 2:17 AM.
FYI: I had to temporarily disable my firewall for the patch downloader to get going.
*edit*
No wait, I'm going to withdraw my praise until my game loads :/ error msgs.

*update* Ford: I took a pic and posted it over at your official site as to not hijack this thread any further.
Field Researcher
#68 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 2:03 AM
Ford, your program is excellent. Good work. Thanks for coming here to tell us about it.
Test Subject
#69 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 2:48 AM
Just a FYI. Within the last couple of hours EA has released a separate patch for CAW. Of course, after I had uninstalled mine and DL'd it again Don't know if the patch works since I'm doing other things and haven't tried it yet.

~M~

If you're too busy to laugh; you're too busy.
Mad Poster
#70 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 2:56 AM
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/229426.page
After a quick check of the forums, it seems that it is working for the ones I read about.
Scholar
#71 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 3:34 AM
Downloaded the new version- works fine for me!

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Instructor
#72 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 4:56 AM
WHAT THE F!! i just installed the patch and it just freakin crushed my game. now im looking at my desktop. waahh!! guess i will just reinstall everything again. oh my poor legacy.
Scholar
#73 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 7:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grillcheesesammich
FYI: I had to temporarily disable my firewall for the patch downloader to get going.

Yeah, it needs an internet conenction to get the names of TS3 executables as well as the update map. It does that so you don't have to download a fresh copy of the downloader every time you want to patch.

It uses HTTP so hardware firewalls won't block it but software firewalls could.

*update* Ford: I took a pic and posted it over at your official site as to not hijack this thread any further.

I responded over there.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 9:33 AM
New update for CAW isn't showing up for me

edit: oh its a new version of the program? never mind
Scholar
#75 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 12:37 PM Last edited by FordGT90Concept : 10th Jul 2010 at 1:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
FordGT90Concept, just to let you know.
I was already using CFF on all 4 exe's, but your app said SP01 wasn't expanded, so I enabled it.
I noticed that after enabling LAA on HELS with your app, I couldn't patch that exe afterwards, the problem was defiantely the SP01.exe according to the problem text.

*edit*

I just uploaded 1.6.0:
http://forums.techpowerup.com/showt...382#post1928382

It should prevent both of those problems from happening when automatic install is used.

Edit: it is available here too: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=409829
Page 3 of 4