Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 7:20 AM
After seeing the kinds of animations that could be made for the Sims 3, I decided to give it a try. I've been through several tutorials which proved helpful in teaching me how to utilize animation programs. But the one thing that bothers me about the tutorials is how they only touch upon the removal of IK chains but never go into explicit detail about how they can impact an animation. I've been dabbling in animations for only a few days now and I can tell that something is preventing the lower body and legs from moving properly. I suspect that this is probably because I never removed the IK chains but then I don't know how! If someone could give me a step by step tutorial on how to remove IK chains, I would be most grateful.
Advertisement
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#27 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 6:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HellhoundCerberus
After seeing the kinds of animations that could be made for the Sims 3, I decided to give it a try. I've been through several tutorials which proved helpful in teaching me how to utilize animation programs. But the one thing that bothers me about the tutorials is how they only touch upon the removal of IK chains but never go into explicit detail about how they can impact an animation. I've been dabbling in animations for only a few days now and I can tell that something is preventing the lower body and legs from moving properly. I suspect that this is probably because I never removed the IK chains but then I don't know how! If someone could give me a step by step tutorial on how to remove IK chains, I would be most grateful.

To make it easier.. why not use the Jazz_Utility I uploaded? It already has all of the IK chains removed.

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Alchemist
#28 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 1:14 PM
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...25#startcomment

post 85. If you have more questions about it feel free to post them there
Test Subject
#29 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 8:12 PM
i quote Orangemittens:

"To delete the IK chains open the CLIP in Grid, choose IKTargetInfo/IKChains. Hit the little box on right and delete the IKChains."

Sims 3 Machinima maker <3
Test Subject
#30 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 4:44 AM
I don't think I can open the CLIP in grid. It's grayed out in S3PE for me. I heard somewhere that I needed an updated version but as far as I know, I have the most up to date version. Know I need to know how to make the CLIP accessible As for downloading the Jazz_utility, it is helpful, but I was hoping that I could learn how to remove IK chains on my own.
Interstellar Traveler
Original Poster
#31 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 11:04 AM
I don't think I can open the CLIP in grid. It's grayed out in S3PE for me. I heard somewhere that I needed an updated version but as far as I know, I have the most up to date version. Know I need to know how to make the CLIP accessible As for downloading the Jazz_utility, it is helpful, but I was hoping that I could learn how to remove IK chains on my own.

Has it prompted you to download the updated version? And if not, try running it as administrator... and do you have a 32 or 64 bit computer? You should have downloaded the S3PE for whichever bit your computer is

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Test Subject
#32 Old 16th Jan 2012 at 2:41 AM
i don't know what happened here, help me?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWPJFN4LnS8

Sims 3 Machinima maker <3
Test Subject
#33 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 9:11 AM Last edited by umpa : 28th Jan 2012 at 11:01 AM.
Ciao !!! Sorry for bad English I'm Italian

I'm new on Sims3 Modding.. I try to convert Mocap to Sims3 Rig

Works in Milkshape but in game only the upper part.

So I need new updated versions of S3PE and delete the IK chains. This solve my problem?
Alchemist
#34 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 11:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by umpa
Ciao !!! Sorry for bad English I'm Italian

I'm new on Sims3 Modding.. I try to convert Mocap to Sims3 Rig

Works in Milkshape but in game only the upper part.

So I need new updated versions of S3PE and delete the IK chains. This solve my problem?
Or you could save yourself the trouble and just use the a_xevt_701 Clip that has no IK. I tried your .smd on it and it works no problem:

http://jaue.com/om/vid.rar

That's what it looks like in-game...nice work...it's cute
Test Subject
#35 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 1:00 PM Last edited by umpa : 28th Jan 2012 at 1:23 PM.
Thanks !!!

I remove link because need some Fix ^^ . I can convert More and upload for free..no problem

I'm not an animator but I like convert Dance animation for games

This animation by Morosos Ap is from Miku Dance program a free Dancing Japanese program.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uogiWvbSlk
Page 2 of 2