Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Theme Seasons and Celebrations - posted on 1st Oct 2017 at 12:52 PM
Replies: 56 (Who?), Viewed: 69942 times.
Page 3 of 3
Test Subject
#51 Old 1st Dec 2016 at 5:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelo101
I solved this problem by downloading an older version of Virtual Dub and now I'm able to add custom tv videos :D

But does anyone know if this guide works with computer videos? If yes which .DATA i have to change?

EDIT: Also how can i change the Movies Hangout SP channels? I can't find the right DATA.

If by computer videos you mean those like the screen during hacking, practice, etc; yes you can. The _AVI are in those with the TV channels.
You can also do the movies in the Movie Hangout Stuff Pack (SP5). The _AVI files are found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\SP05\ClientFullBuild0.package.
Forum Resident
#52 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 5:06 PM
I used to do this constantly until my random crashes to desktop linked to them, most times they played from beginning to end without issues, but then sometimes my game would crash at the start of a custom clip or right at the end, having many custom clips including computer games, jukebox animations, tablet games, etc etc. became more trouble that it's worth.

If you had zeroes issues with everything I'll take my hat off to you.

I have a gut feeling, there's some code or signature that's needed in the custom clips that maybe the game randomly checks for, that no one knows..
Forum Resident
#53 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 8:24 AM
I was simply extracting TS3 video files from S3PE in it's raw format, then renaming one of them to S4_376840D7_00000000_8F5640B725DAD241%%+_AVI which is one of the overides for the kids channel, added them into a package with S4PE and shows no issues whatsoever, and no random crashes

Mind you it's a big small because the sizes don't match and doesn't fit the entrie screen, so if there's a Sims 3 tutorial on custom video, exact same rules with apply, only you should use the correct size for TS4 Video.

Test Subject
#54 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 3:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysim
I was simply extracting TS3 video files from S3PE in it's raw format, then renaming one of them to S4_376840D7_00000000_8F5640B725DAD241%%+_AVI which is one of the overides for the kids channel, added them into a package with S4PE and shows no issues whatsoever, and no random crashes

Mind you it's a big small because the sizes don't match and doesn't fit the entrie screen, so if there's a Sims 3 tutorial on custom video, exact same rules with apply, only you should use the correct size for TS4 Video.

Oh wow! Sounds a little confusing but think I get it. Any way you could tell me the strings for the other channels? I've been wanting to create custom videos for forever and could do it if I got the right set of directions, please let me know if you can help Or at least tell me how you found the: S4_376840D7_00000000_8F5640B725DAD241%%+_AVI string

thanks a lot!
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 20th May 2017 at 10:40 PM
before I read the tutorial, I have a question about the requirements. it says this thread hasn't had a response in three months, but hopefully someone will answer me. XD

do you HAVE to have those programs to work with the video and audio? I mean, I have a video editor where I can create videos in a multitude of formats with the audio already in said video, and I use format factory to convert files, and format factory literally has EVERY format. if I use these tools, would those other programs be unnecessary?
Forum Resident
#56 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 5:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reitanna
before I read the tutorial, I have a question about the requirements. it says this thread hasn't had a response in three months, but hopefully someone will answer me. XD

do you HAVE to have those programs to work with the video and audio? I mean, I have a video editor where I can create videos in a multitude of formats with the audio already in said video, and I use format factory to convert files, and format factory literally has EVERY format. if I use these tools, would those other programs be unnecessary?

You can use any video or audio converters but you must have Generic Stream Creator and VP6 Convertor.

Noticed Generic Stream Creator also accepts correctly encoded MP3 files as well as WAV, so I find Audacity great for the audio encoding.
Test Subject
#57 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 5:17 AM
So can this be used for making console games with City Living? I'd like to add more.
Page 3 of 3