Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The "CEP" - Color Enable Package v. 9.2.0 - 15 MAY 2009

by Numenor Posted 27th Sep 2005 at 2:46 AM - Updated 27th Apr 2020 at 1:30 PM by HugeLunatic : adding supercollection instructions

1048 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 755 Feedback Posts, 292 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 37 of 42
Test Subject
#901 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 9:48 PM
You need to have a registered account. If you do have a registered account, the download link is in the files section
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#902 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 2:22 PM
First download of this site
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#903 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 1:30 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#904 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 2:39 PM
thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#905 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 12:14 AM
thanx
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#906 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 9:11 AM
I don't use the CEP itself directly, but I do enjoy the recolors that have been done with it. Thank you for writing such an awesome addon.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#907 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 1:24 AM
jglkfdgfdg
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#908 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 5:41 PM
Sorry you aren't modding anymore. Your work was awesome. Hope you found something else creative to make your life rich and full. Thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#909 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 10:51 PM
we download this like if this was a "normal" download??
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#910 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 10:59 PM
Yes, nenesims.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Test Subject
#911 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 11:43 PM
I'm new to CC and I've been trying to figure out this CEP for 2 days now. I don't know where to put "EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package"

OPTION 1: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\3D - I have seen this, for I am using The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, but I am on a Mac and to my knowledge there is no "Program Files"; unless that is "All my files." I don't believe there is an "Origin Games" folder either, the most similar folder I use is "Aspyr".

OPTION 2: This file must be copied into your *PROGRAM* installation folder (not in the Documents folder!).
Example: C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Sims3D\ - I have also seen this but I have no EA Games file, I downloaded The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection from the Apple App Store.

Any idea would be helpful at this time. Thank you in advance
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#912 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 1:58 AM
thank you so much ^-^
Test Subject
#913 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BuildingNorthBeach
I'm new to CC and I've been trying to figure out this CEP for 2 days now. I don't know where to put "EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package"

OPTION 1: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\3D - I have seen this, for I am using The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, but I am on a Mac and to my knowledge there is no "Program Files"; unless that is "All my files." I don't believe there is an "Origin Games" folder either, the most similar folder I use is "Aspyr".

OPTION 2: This file must be copied into your *PROGRAM* installation folder (not in the Documents folder!).
Example: C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Sims3D\ - I have also seen this but I have no EA Games file, I downloaded The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection from the Apple App Store.

I have the same pb ; if you get it please return me ! [email protected]
Thank's a lot
Test Subject
#914 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BuildingNorthBeach

FOUND IT !

Because of Mac App Store requirements, the Downloads folder you'll put your packages in isn't located in your Documents folder as it is with other versions of the game. Instead it's in a folder within your (hidden) user library.

To get to it, go to Finder. From the menus, select Go --> Go to Folder... Paste in the string shown below and click on GO.

~/library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/

This will take you to your game folders. Create a new folder called "Downloads" if it doesn't already exist, and put your package files inside that.

If you want to browse to it normally, you can hold down the Alt/Option key while looking at the Go menu, and the Library folder should appear. Click on that and then browse to the same place. To permanently unhide it, run the Terminal application (it's under Utilities in your Application folder), then type "chflags nohidden ~/Library". I don't do that, but I do drag the "The Sims 2" folder across to my favourites on the Finder sidebar, so I can just click on that and get there directly.

If you're planning to install the CEP as well, you need to put the _EnableColorOptionsGMND.package file in the Downloads folder. The MMAT package file needs to go in the game application package. To do this, go to your Applications folder, right click on The Sims 2 Super Collection*, and select Show Package Contents. You can now browse the application file structure. Go to Contents/Home/TSData/Res/Sims3D, and copy _EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package to that location. You'll be asked to type in your administrator login/password details to confirm that you want to do this.

If you plan to use empty or clean templates, they need to go in the game package in the following places:

Contents/Home/TSData/Res/UserData/Neighborhoods (Base Game hoods)
Contents/Home/Expansion Packs/{expansion name}/TSData/Res/NeighborhoodTemplate (expansion hoods)

* I advise making a copy of the application first before making any changes to its structure. It's a big file to re-download and reinstall if you get things wrong!
Stubbsville

(I'd just copy an other post), you're welcome !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#915 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 4:46 PM
grazieeee
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#916 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 2:05 AM
enjoys
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#917 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 1:36 PM
Thank you soooo much for this. I was so sad that a lot of my downloads didn't work but you made it. Your work is the best!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#918 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 1:39 AM
Thanks, I'm really really looking forward to using CEP!! I've never modded the sims before, but I'm just starting to get into it now, so I'm really, truly excited. I look forward to letting you know how it goes, and what kind of things I'm able to make. You've been a spectacular help. <3 c:
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#919 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 3:03 PM
Thanx! I hope the mirror bug is fixed now!:D
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#920 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 7:18 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#921 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 10:30 AM
Hi all!
I've a registered account but I don't have the link for the download. Where is it?

Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#922 Old 30th Apr 2015 at 1:33 AM
Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#923 Old 2nd May 2015 at 10:06 AM
thx :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#924 Old 2nd May 2015 at 7:29 PM
Thank you so much! I appreciate your time and patience to do this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#925 Old 3rd May 2015 at 11:47 AM
Thanks you for your great work on the Sims.
Page 37 of 42