Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The "CEP" - Color Enable Package v. 9.2.0 - 15 MAY 2009

by Numenor Posted 27th Sep 2005 at 2:46 AM - Updated 27th Apr 2020 at 1:30 PM by HugeLunatic : adding supercollection instructions

1048 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 755 Feedback Posts, 292 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 39 of 42
Lab Assistant
#951 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 8:20 PM
Default CEP 9 Need Help-OSX 10.9.5 Sims 2 Super Collection
I want to use this in my game, but I have the Super Collection for Mac by Aspyr and none of the file information on where to put each package file is accurate for this game configuration. Can someone please help or direct me to the right forum if this isn't the one to post in? If you could email a reply to zheyrryn here at Mod The Sims I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#952 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 2:47 PM
THANK YOU !!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#953 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 11:44 AM
Thanks a lot, I bought the super collection from aspyr yesterday and after some research (on this amazing website) I've been able to install and make work CEP on Yosemite :)
Test Subject
#954 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 8:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zheyrryhn
Anyone have more recent install instructions for Mac OSX 10.9.5 (Mavericks)? The install instructions in the file are outdated and don't take into account newer versions of the Mac OS. Also does anyone know if this will work with the Super Collection? Thanks for any reply.

I'm using OSX 10.10.4 (Yosemite), and I have the Super Collection. It works just fine for me! I'll tell you where I have my folders placed in case that helps:

_EnableColorOptionsGMND.package goes in: ~/library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads/

_EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package goes in: /Applications/The Sims 2.app/Contents/Home/TSData/Res/Sims3D/

zCEP-EXTRA goes in: /Applications/The Sims 2.app/Contents/Home/TSData/Res/Catalog AND ~/library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/
(check which one goes where in the instructions, just make sure you don't accidentally put the second one in the downloads folder)

Hope this makes sense!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#955 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 8:09 AM
Thank You Very Very Much!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#956 Old 27th Aug 2015 at 8:47 AM
I tried to install the package on my Mac according to the instructions, but I have several recoloured items that are not showing up in the game. Not sure what is wrong. _EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package is in the Downloads folder in this path ~Documents/The Sims 2/Downloads and _EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package is in the Sims3D folder in this path /Applications/The Sims 2.localized/TSData/Res/Sims3D

However it does not seem to working for this recoloured poker table ZvK_PokerTable_Green-Blue.package for example.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#957 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 1:00 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#958 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 8:03 PM
thanks a lot for your works
Field Researcher
#959 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 12:02 AM
Hi Everyone

If you have The SIms 2 Ultimate Collection (on Windows) you will need this information for installing the Program Files part of CEP:

Install path for UC.
C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Sims3D\
C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#960 Old 28th Sep 2015 at 11:36 PM
Does anyone know how to troubleshoot if you lose re-colors that came with an expansion pack object? Some of the windows and doors from the International collection that came with Open For Business are no longer re-colorable. They're only in red?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#961 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 2:49 AM
Thanks much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#962 Old 17th Oct 2015 at 5:36 PM
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#963 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 12:00 PM
thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#964 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 6:13 PM
(: I wish I could donate.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#965 Old 30th Dec 2015 at 1:17 AM
Thanks your the best! =]
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#966 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 12:38 AM
Ok, maybe a stupid question. I've placed the mentioned files in the correct places, but no-one has mentioned where the GMND file goes. Does that go in the downloads folder or one of the folders in the program files. Thanks in advance
Test Subject
#967 Old 2nd Jan 2016 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Foxybaby
Ok, maybe a stupid question. I've placed the mentioned files in the correct places, but no-one has mentioned where the GMND file goes. Does that go in the downloads folder or one of the folders in the program files. Thanks in advance

I really do not know if my comment will help, but with me, this file was only open the CEP.exe and everything went in place, literally. I mean, you do not have to worry about any file.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#968 Old 15th Jan 2016 at 9:48 PM
this is just too awesome! Thanks darling! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#969 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 8:50 PM
ty
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#970 Old 2nd Feb 2016 at 1:28 AM
thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#971 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 2:50 PM
thank
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#972 Old 20th Mar 2016 at 5:35 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#973 Old 19th May 2016 at 8:11 PM Last edited by Steve_Morgan : 19th May 2016 at 9:09 PM.
Can't get CEP installed properly...
Hi there, the download stops after a few minutes and I cannot get the complete file downloaded - any ideas?
Next try: got a download from another side - with autoinstaller. Since I have the german version of 'Die Sims 2 Super Deluxe' I found the _EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package-file in the correct place, but cannot find all the others (No _EnableColorOptionsGMND.package-file in Downloads, no zCEP-EXTRA-Folder anywhere else :[[[[ )
Is there any way to get the complete manuell-installation-file for windows somewhere?
Pleeeeaaaaase...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#974 Old 31st May 2016 at 7:45 AM
I just wanted to thank you for all the hard work you put into this. I honestly can't afford to make a donation, but I just wanted you to know that your work is appreciated. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#975 Old 7th Jul 2016 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MoonChild189
Not sure if anyone who can help or will care will see this, but I'm having an issue. Every time I'm in buy mode, and go under misc in the decor section my game will freeze for a few seconds before crashing completely. Other than that it's working fine, I've tried it out on a few of the items you can't normally recolour and it's doing what it should, none of the other buy/build mode categories seem affected.
I'm on a Mac, I have the University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, and Seasons EPs installed, and the Glamour Life stuff pack, and I of course removed all CC of any kind before hand.
I'm just going to uninstall it, it's not a huge deal, but I though I'd post my problem incase anyone cares.

It's really funny, I've been having this issue for a very long time, several years, I just gave up going into that folder, which meant I couldn't run a business. I had a previous version and it worked, but with this version I have this problem. Yesterday I decided to dig through files again and try to find out what was causing it. Today I ended up removing downloads altogether, no help, removing my neighborhood thinking it was corrupted, no help, tried all kinds of things and I was joyless. As I sat looking at the Sims 2 folder I thought, wonder if CEP could be the problem, so I deleted the extra folder, deleted the 2 separate files and left everything else in the game and it worked just fine...other then none of my recolors work of course. Since it isn't supported any longer I am not sure what to do about this. I might look back through my saves and see if I have an older version and give it a try...
Page 39 of 42