Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The "CEP" - Color Enable Package v. 9.2.0 - 15 MAY 2009

by Numenor Posted 27th Sep 2005 at 2:46 AM - Updated 27th Apr 2020 at 1:30 PM by HugeLunatic : adding supercollection instructions

1048 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 755 Feedback Posts, 292 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 41 of 42
Test Subject
#1001 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 6:36 PM
Hello,
Your link is dead, WinRAR tells me : access denied. Moreover, it does not appear in my game and other colors of objects and furniture no longer appear. I hope you find a solution to my problem. Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1002 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 8:47 PM
Thank you!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1003 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 1:07 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
#1004 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 2:35 PM
i've gotten everything to work except the recolors of the OFB windows and doors. i don't get it. all other recolors are fine, just not those. i'm on UC , windows 10, if that matters.

also, thank you. been using your stuff for like a million years now
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1005 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 5:34 AM
thank`s
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#1006 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 9:09 PM
This is a wonderful tool. Been using it since I started with S2 in 2010. Thank you Very Much, Numenor.
However, since that Microsoft update at the beginning of February my computer, and by extension, the game, have had some issues. Most all have been resolved, except for one. The Chimney Recolours no longer work. I went into the CEP file, and there is no file listed for the chimney. Downloaded a fresh copy of CEP, and still no file for chimneys.
Would someone please help me out here?
This is a great modding tool for a great game. I'm currently using Sunni's fake chimneys to cover up/recolour the chimneys, but that adds unnecessary content to the game.
Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#1007 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 12:30 AM
I have two laptops, one with Windows 7 and other with Windows 10. On both laptops I have installed Sims 2 Ultimate Collection via Origin. With Win7 everything, CEP included is working without any problems. On laptop with Win10 CEP is crashing game as soon as I try to enter build mode. I have no other custom content installed yet, I have checked, double checked and at least 12 times checked that CEP is installed correctly. I have tried installing it manually and also with installer. I have checked again and again that all right documents locate in right locations and still it keeps crashing my game. I have deleted caches, I have done everything instructed to prevent game crashing and I have used Origin to fix my game. Nothing works. When I remove CEP documents, my game isn't crashing.

The only difference with my two games/laptops is that on Win7 there is no problems and on Win10 there is no way I can make CEP work without it crashing my game. I'm giving up. Anyways, thanks for CEP, it works like magic on my other laptop!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1008 Old 12th May 2018 at 2:03 AM Last edited by IndiRivers : 14th May 2018 at 1:42 AM. Reason: added info to thanks
I had a heck of a time figuring out the manual install for Windows 10, on a laptop on which I have installed all my old Sims 2 discs, but I think I got it! Thank you (all) for still being here!
Turns out I was prematurely optimistic -- I don't have this figured out at all! So for now I'm reading reading reading to find a solution, and hoping hoping hoping that my setup won't be incompatible with mods altogether!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1009 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 4:26 PM
Thanx so much for this, DL now
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#1010 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 3:32 AM
Whats the path for AGS UC? Thanks.
Test Subject
#1011 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 11:01 AM Last edited by Mikusagi : 9th Jul 2018 at 11:44 PM.
It doesn't work for me, even though the "potty experiment" shows up like in the image. So I went throuh the list, and these two steps fail me:

- a file named "_EnableColorOptionsMMAT.package" in [gamedir]\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Sims3D (regardless of the EP that you may have installed, the location of this file is always this one).
- a folder named "zCEP-EXTRA" in [Program Files]\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog.

I've got Windows 10 and The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, I think that might have something to do with it?

Edit: I saw that I was supposed to manually but files here and there. I can't find a folder called "Double Deluxe" though. Do you think this is right?

After this, the yellow warning signs were gone but it still don't seem to be working?

These were the yellow warnings signs, the text is still there but there's always a warning about some of my CC so it doesn't bother me, I had never seen the signs before though
Test Subject
#1012 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 12:09 AM Last edited by luvmebby : 6th Aug 2018 at 5:19 AM.
im using ultimate collection manual install. I can't seem to get bedding recolors to show up
the exact path is Program Files (x86) / Origin Games/ Sims 2 Ultimate Collection/ Double Deluxe/ Base/ then the file locations he said to go to in the instructions page. (just putting that in there for the girl above that can't find the double deluxe folder)
but that is where I put my "program files as instructed into the corresponding folders" and CEP will show up with the warning signs when loading the game but no recolor options do not even for the potty. I need a CEP that works for Ultimate Collection. since getting ultimate collection CEP hasn't worked. I even scrapped my hood and started over. nothing.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#1013 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 1:46 PM
Thank you so much for this mod, Numenor! I just re-installed the CEP 9 (because I'm having issues with the base game dart-board not being designable, for some reason, even with the latest CEP ...) and saw your "donation" notice. I'm so sorry you've received so little support! I'd donate, but I'm on disability and need my savings to take my cat to the vet. But here is my thank-you post. THANKS!
Theorist
#1014 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by herr burgermeister
This is a wonderful tool. Been using it since I started with S2 in 2010. Thank you Very Much, Numenor.
However, since that Microsoft update at the beginning of February my computer, and by extension, the game, have had some issues. Most all have been resolved, except for one. The Chimney Recolours no longer work. I went into the CEP file, and there is no file listed for the chimney. Downloaded a fresh copy of CEP, and still no file for chimneys.
Would someone please help me out here?
This is a great modding tool for a great game. I'm currently using Sunni's fake chimneys to cover up/recolour the chimneys, but that adds unnecessary content to the game.
Thank you.

The chimney recolors are not part of this mod, they are a separate mod by HugeLunatic, here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/434757...ecolorable.html
Lab Assistant
#1015 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 9:28 PM
I've been looking everywhere for an answer but with no luck. I'm having a ton of trouble trying to get SimPE to recognize CEP so I can use Photo Studio. It's not working at all. Idk what to do and have posted this problem everywhere. I'm running on Windows 10 and have The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection through via Origin. Thanks in advance!
Theorist
#1016 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 7:01 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 2nd Dec 2018 at 9:05 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by melb623
I've been looking everywhere for an answer but with no luck. I'm having a ton of trouble trying to get SimPE to recognize CEP so I can use Photo Studio. It's not working at all. Idk what to do and have posted this problem everywhere. I'm running on Windows 10 and have The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection through via Origin. Thanks in advance!

What do you mean by "everywhere"? If you mean everywhere at MTS, try the Sims 2 forums at Garden of Shadows.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1017 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 5:25 PM
thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1018 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 5:25 PM
thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#1019 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 2:03 AM
Crazy useful, surprised I just found it after all these years playing Sims 2. Thank you very much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#1020 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 12:04 AM
Thank you for all your hard work. <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1021 Old 29th Aug 2019 at 10:14 PM
Thank you for the CEP. I realize that a lot of hard work went into the development of this and it has been great being able to use other items because of your gift. Thank you for giving of time, your ingenuity and your very self to make this available to others.
Test Subject
#1022 Old 14th Feb 2020 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coria15
Crazy useful, surprised I just found it after all these years playing Sims 2. Thank you very much!

Yeah this is a, must have, if you mod TS2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#1023 Old 6th Feb 2021 at 5:14 AM
I've decided to put off installing the CEP package until I receive clear instructions, or at least a video tutorial, on how to install manually. Any required help would get me to change my mind. Thanks in advance.
Mad Poster
#1024 Old 6th Feb 2021 at 6:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimBeatle1979
I've decided to put off installing the CEP package until I receive clear instructions, or at least a video tutorial, on how to install manually. Any required help would get me to change my mind. Thanks in advance.

If you download the manual files then there is a readme included that tells you what to do.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1025 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 9:27 AM
do you have to install both auto and manual files? or just choose 1?
Page 41 of 42